Forum › I Won 300 Million Yen in a Lottery so I Started Raising a Freeloader Pretty Girl discussion

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Uh.... do we have a tag for frantically sounding a big truck horn in celebration? Because in need of one right now

As a Canadian I'm somewhat triggered by the big truck horn thing. Could we sound something else in celebration?
(mostly joking; if you're wondering, look up "#flutrucksklan" aka "Freedumb Convoy")

I live in Montréal and I feel you. V( ̄ー ̄)v

joined Aug 11, 2022

.....WTF....no seriously how is it possibly to spend almost 3 million dollars (300million yen) in just a couple/few months!??? unless the MC brought the whole damn apartment instead of just renting a expensive apartment/+other expensive stuff there is no way that is possible. MC didn't even gamble any money due to her being scared of it plus I didn't hear her put any money into any bad stocks either....

Yeah no, this is just bullsh*t handwave by the author...I mean I guess we should not take this too seriously since this is just a silly romance comedy yuri but my SOD (suspension of disbelief) is breaking just by that simple handwave...

Deep breath....okay whatever it fine...her Waifu will support her life now so the MC can be the freeloader...lol MC now going to be the bottom in the relationship it seems considering her waifu now wears the pants and has the spending money power, no need to get annoyed or frustrated that happen... XD

Overall if this is the last chapter, I would rate this manga maybe 7 out of 10. Nothing special but still somewhat enjoyable I guess...

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Sugoi reversal

joined Jan 14, 2020

Pretty sure the translation said she bought the apartment, which would take up a good chunk.

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

Honestly, owning a nice apartment outright is probably one of the best investments she could have made. And I'm not terribly surprised she ran through all her money. It was shown that she wasn't paying a huge amount of attention to it. I do like the role reversal with Tenma wanting to be her sugar mommy now.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

"Oh no will she still like me now that I'm the freeloader" like while I can understand her insecurities, if Tenma didn't like you for you do you really think that you'd still be living together?

Like of course she does, Tenma fought to get to stay with you, you've done it girl, you've made it in life not by winning the lottery but by marrying a billionaire's daughter.

last edited at Dec 28, 2022 7:42AM

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

you've made it in life not by winning the lottery bit by marrying a billionaire's daughter.

I too, would like to marry a rich girl, ngl.

joined Nov 21, 2022

300,000,000 yen is about $3 million here. While I can make that last for the rest of my life, that's if I watch my money, and don't spend it all like a drunken sailor (no offence to drunken sailors). She spent it like it like those lottery winner horror stories you read about on the internet.

I really dislike the main character in this manga.

last edited at Dec 27, 2022 11:13PM

joined Nov 21, 2022

Uh.... do we have a tag for frantically sounding a big truck horn in celebration? Because in need of one right now

As a Canadian I'm somewhat triggered by the big truck horn thing. Could we sound something else in celebration?
(mostly joking; if you're wondering, look up "#flutrucksklan" aka "Freedumb Convoy")

I live in Montréal and I feel you. V( ̄ー ̄)v

I was passing by a convoy locally, on their way to the provincial legislature, and as I drove past I gave each and every one of those flag wielding honking aholes the finger.

last edited at Dec 27, 2022 11:28PM

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Color me surprised. I had assumed that this manga had ended with chapter 8.

Ah, don't get me wrong, it's wonderful that there are more chapters! But wow, it really catches me on the hop... I could have sworn that the conclusion of chapter 8 was 100% a story wrap!

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Oh hey! I though this had already ended. Sweet!

300,000,000 yen is about $3 million here. While I can make that last for the rest of my life, that's if I watch my money, and don't spend it all like a drunken sailor (no offence to drunken sailors). She spent it like it like those lottery winner horror stories you read about on the internet.

I really dislike the main character in this manga.

What a weird thing to dislike a character for. Also, in fairness to her, there was a secret rich girl who was encouraging her to spend that money liberally.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Wing-Maid is cute :D

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

You sleep in the same bed, she swore she'd change her life to support you and only you, and you've kissed

It's way too late to be having this conversation, you useless lesbian.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Wing-Maid is cute :D

Now I want a whole new genre, this is such a good name for an archetype of character.

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

I frankly can't see where this will go. As things are, they'll never be equals in their relationship, so I can only imagine them breaking up after like a year at most, should they start dating.
That or mc will become the trophy wife which I can't see as a happy ending.
But it's probably not the kind of manga that asks to actually question the plot.

last edited at Dec 28, 2022 11:10AM

Freenbeckforever
joined Oct 28, 2022

I frankly can't see where this will go. As things are, they'll never be equals in their relationship, so I can only imagine them breaking up after like a year at most, should they start dating.

A breadwinner x homemaker relationship is the most traditional type there is.
There must have been billions of such couples throughout history, couples that remained together for as long as they lived. Equality has nothing to do with this.

joined Jan 14, 2020

A breadwinner x homemaker relationship is the most traditional type there is.

Not really. Traditionally, both man and woman were economically productive. First we've got the simplistic men = big game hunter, women = gatherer/young child raiser distinction. Then, for the shorter but more numerous period of agricultural peasants, both would be doing various farm duties. The men might be more likely to be wrestling big draft animals for plowing or chopping wood, vs. women spinning and weaving and making butter, but both were crucial. Hell, I've seen it said that men would re-marry quickly, or seek female slaves, for the domestic labor as much -- or more! -- as for sex.

You could call that 'homemaker', but it's not the post 1950s homemaker of vacuuming and grocery shopping and running the laundry machine, aided by tons of appliances (and public schools to take the kids off her hands). It's making and preserving food so y'all can live from harvest to harvest, and making clothes from scratch, and candles, and soap, and doing laundry by hand, and collecting eggs and milk and running the garden...

Even the Bible, Proverbs 31:10-31, goes on about the economic productivity of the "virtuous wife":

'She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.'

The breadwinner/homemaker or idle wife distinction was traditionally limited to families rich enough that they could afford to keep the women idle or locked up. Then to the 1950s USA, which was unusually rich at a popular level (at least for white families) and also particularly interested in pushing women back out of the workforce to give the jobs to GIs. And suburbia + 1 car family didn't leave the wife with a lot of options.

Mind you, "I have the money and power, you look pretty and are sexually available" is also kind of traditional. But not the most.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

I feel like this manga is best described as “quaint.” You know what I mean?

“Oh no, will she still like me even if I’m not rich?”

Yes, you doofus.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

You sleep in the same bed, she swore she'd change her life to support you and only you, and you've kissed

Nah, these are all declarations to be roommates

Acreepshowavatar
joined Oct 20, 2017

"Oh no, will she like me without the 100 mil?" she asks herself about the girl who at this point, probably thinks they're already a couple.

b0undarybreaker
C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

And it's popped! Here's hoping there's not an axe coming...

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Why are they not giving her back the money the super rich daughter caused her to squander...?

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Nah, these are all declarations to be roommates

That is kind of the plot of A Room for Two..

joined May 10, 2021

As easy as pie, and as simple as cake.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

As easy as pie, and as simple as cake.

This may have been intentional, but as someone who dabbles in baking I can tell you pie is not easy and cake is not simple.

To reply you must either login or sign up.