Forum › I Won 300 Million Yen in a Lottery so I Started Raising a Freeloader Pretty Girl discussion

Stingray
joined Dec 4, 2020

This story is taking a very predictable route... Boring!

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Honestly I'm just glad for a large change of status quo after 7 chapters, leaving time for the ending. Something often feels off when I read this sort of fantasy wish-fulfillment with very light drama and very light romance. At the same time this isn't Dragon Maid banality, and it's not bait. The leads feel so differently about the other, albeit strongly, that I can't tell if the fluff conflict will go anywhere other than direct to "we lived together so we're basically girlfriends now".

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Well that... Felt like s troll chapter

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

I do not care that the story is predictable I like the funny moments in the series

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

I wish i could throw that kind of tantrum xd

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

I am more glad this is a mindless comedy the more the story goes on.

last edited at Oct 1, 2022 7:53AM

joined Aug 11, 2022

I enjoy the comedy, so our freeloader is a rich girl as expected. Seems the reason she ran away was due to her father being too overprotected...probably had maids/butlers do all the house work and was never allowed to work since she is rich lol. Not too sure about the mother though [could be alive or could be died from childbirth/accident.]

Now I wonder how the storyline will go...Guess I was expecting too much for the MC to be using her money to fight the overbearing controlling father plot line lol. I guess at most the MC can get the father's blessing for marriage XD

Useless calculations:
Freeloader/Tenma's father age current 46 = he is around age 24 when the mother gave birth.

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Ah nepotism, saving the Yuri day, would you take a look at that

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Thank God I went to school for nepotism

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

Maybe the real treasure was the nepobaby she let freeload along the way.

Is it bad that I got really triggered by her losing all her lottery money? If I managed to win the lottery and used it all up so quickly, I could never forgive myself. Good thing this is manga.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Is it bad that I got really triggered by her losing all her lottery money? If I managed to win the lottery and used it all up so quickly, I could never forgive myself. Good thing this is manga.

Yeah, 2 million USD (current exchange rate is very poor for the Yen, I think it was almost 3 million USD half a year ago) go fast if you live like that. Buying the apartment alone probably took out at least half of that in one go.
I think we called it much earlier that she'd run out of money before long.

last edited at Oct 13, 2022 7:39AM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Reverse-Freeloading, Gasp.

joined Jan 6, 2017

"I lost the 300-million yen I won in a lottery and became a freeloader pretty girl"

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

Yeah, 2 million USD (current exchange rate is very poor for the Yen, I think it was almost 3 million USD half a year ago) go fast if you live like that. Buying the apartment alone probably took out at least half of that in one go.

Agreed, she didn't even pretend to made any sound financial decisions lol. Still need to work some job and invest for the future even with 3 milly (but at least it could have been something you actually wanted to do. Although she could have rented out/sold her apt and lived off that so it wasn't the end of the world yet, I guess.

Damn, they didn't even drag it out another chapter and let her wallow in her poverty and financially unsound decisions. Emergency nepobby showed up immediately lol.

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

The freeloader became the freeloaded

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

But dat suit doe!

joined May 24, 2014

The freeloader became the freeloaded

Ultimate uno reversal card!

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

No one can say no to that face.

It is one of the immutable laws of physics and the universe.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

The shocking part is she spend almost everything in short time, wtf?

joined Jul 8, 2019

Uh.... do we have a tag for frantically sounding a big truck horn in celebration? Because in need of one right now

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

The shocking part is she spend almost everything in short time, wtf?

Average lottery winner behavior

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I think we called it much earlier that she'd run out of money before long.

Exchange rates don't matter much if you're not traveling, it's probably better in purchasing power parity. Still, I was thinking "Whoa, not very bright, is she" until I remembered that she did after all buy the apartment. So like, going forward she isn't actually in the same financial situation as before 'cause she doesn't have to pay rent or a mortgage. It's a big help, if she gets a job much like she had before she'll be effectively much better off. Buy the home then blow the rest is a very different outcome from blow it all.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Uh.... do we have a tag for frantically sounding a big truck horn in celebration? Because in need of one right now

As a Canadian I'm somewhat triggered by the big truck horn thing. Could we sound something else in celebration?
(mostly joking; if you're wondering, look up "#flutrucksklan" aka "Freedumb Convoy")

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Not surprised she ran out of money as she throw a lot of it away while not monitoring finances. Interesting we have a role reversal now. Thought it would have ended here but hopefully we get a few more chapters and then I will say it will end.

joined Jul 8, 2019

As a Canadian I'm somewhat triggered by the big truck horn thing.

Wouldn't that count as a bonus? ;-) ;-)

To reply you must either login or sign up.