Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Smartselect_20190118-213903_instagram
joined Mar 3, 2022

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

very gay vey nice like always. I wonder what video games they would play together

probably smash

probably monopoly

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

very gay vey nice like always. I wonder what video games they would play together

probably smash

probably monopoly

Guilty Gear.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Anybody else kinda feel like this is reminiscient of Tamen de Gushi?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Um, not really at all? Maybe the tiniest bit in the character designs, but Sun Jing is a boisterous slacker tomboy who aggressively pursues Qiu Tong, who isn’t a gyaru, but a rather shy high achiever.

Where do you see the similarities?

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

probably smash

probably monopoly

Guilty Gear.

maybe Guess Who?

(too soon?)

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Overalls and hoop earings, in different styles? These two look great together. The author is spoiling us with this art and I don't mean spoiling the plot. It's very sweet to see these two act so naturally toward one-another in a way we're probably nowhere near seeing in the story.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Um, not really at all? Maybe the tiniest bit in the character designs, but Sun Jing is a boisterous slacker tomboy who aggressively pursues Qiu Tong, who isn’t a gyaru, but a rather shy high achiever.

High school romantic comedy webcomic about two girls, one cool one girly, discovering their sexuality, punctuating the current drama with fluffy hops forward on the timeline to reassure the reader that "Yeah, don't freak out, they're totally gonna end up together, they're just not there yet."

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

High school romantic comedy webcomic about two girls, one cool one girly, discovering their sexuality, punctuating the current drama with fluffy hops forward on the timeline to reassure the reader that "Yeah, don't freak out, they're totally gonna end up together, they're just not there yet."

I think in that case the author started with the spot illos of the two of them obviously together (I especially recall a slinky bar scene with the pair up close and personal) before launching into the extended “will they or won’t they?” getting-together narrative.

So those forecasting scenes were less sops to the reader about where the story was going than the originary visuals of the character designs. (There was at least a flash-forward Christmas scene of the two of them living together, but that happened after the two of them became a couple in the main narrative, IIRC.)

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This is bliss... I dig (and want more) stoic cool chic X gyaru chic comics.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Author tweeted that they are in the middle of moving, so no chapter this week

Tweet: 作者も只今引っ越し中でして、今週はお休みいたします。最近はモヤモヤが多めの2人ですが、それでも読んでいただけて本当に嬉しいです。いつもありがとうございます、大好きです!!

Translation: The author is in the middle of moving right now, so I'm taking a break this week. I know the two of them have been getting more gloomy as of late, but I'm really happy you're still reading. Thank you as always, love!!

last edited at Oct 4, 2022 5:16PM

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

oh "Ikeya", I figure you would show up somehow.....my arch furniture nemesis

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

You need an adorable girlfriend to help you. clearly ;)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Author tweeted that they are in the middle of moving, so no chapter this week

Tweet: 作者も只今引っ越し中でして、今週はお休みいたします。最近はモヤモヤが多めの2人ですが、それでも読んでいただけて本当に嬉しいです。いつもありがとうございます、大好きです!!

Translation: The author is in the middle of moving right now, so I'm taking a break this week. I know the two of them have been getting more gloomy as of late, but I'm really happy you're still reading. Thank you as always, love!!

I wonder if their moving involves assembling new furniture . . .

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

^Life imitating art, and improving the potential verisimilitude. I'd buy that for a dollar.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

probably smash

probably monopoly

Guilty Gear.

maybe Guess Who?

(too soon?)

or maybe, Sorry!

joined Aug 12, 2019

You need an adorable girlfriend to help you. clearly ;)

yes. I think so too. TToTT

joined Feb 5, 2020

Patiently waiting for tl...

SHES CRYINGGGG

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

SHES CRYINGGGG

Ok my Japanese is not the best and there are a few sentences I don't fully understand so take this with a grain of salt but I believe this is more or less what happens.

Hey. You want to take my place and translate it?

I'm losing patience with people who can't wait a few hours and spoil left and right.

I'm taking the time to redraw the SFX, so it takes a bit of time. Wait, instead of trying to be smart.

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 6:19AM

joined Mar 24, 2021

SHES CRYINGGGG

Ok my Japanese is not the best and there are a few sentences I don't fully understand so take this with a grain of salt but I believe this is more or less what happens.

Hey. You want to take my place and translate it?

I'm losing patience with people who can't wait a few hours and spoil left and right.

I'm taking the time to redraw the SFX, so it takes a bit of time. Wait, instead of trying to be smart.

Hey sorry, I wasn't trying to step on your toes. Wasn't aware posting half baked attempts at translation were some kind of faux pass. From my perspective there was a large enough of a gap between whatever ramblings I wrote and your final product that my post seemed of little importance. I respect and appreciate the hell of what you do, especially considering how time consuming all the redrawing stuff is and how quickly you put stuff out. I took my post down.

I WOKE UP FROM A NIGHTMARE AND AM NOT READY FOR THISSSSSS

UnidentifiedFangirlingHimejoshi
Untitled2120_20220919231752
joined Sep 7, 2021

ARITA GOAT WINGMAN

joined Feb 5, 2020

Is this the first name drop for him? Nice to meet you NArita, thank you for being a good wingman

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Hopefully people like Narita now, it's not like he needed that much of a redemption anyway, but this is it. Been chillin with him since day 1.

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 7:52AM

joined Jan 10, 2022

There you go, (N)Arita. Thought you'd be Jeff forever lol

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 7:56AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.