Forum › School Zone discussion

Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

My thought is that Kishiya actually is 19 - "old enough to be in college," which is something she's said before - but was held back in school for some reason.

for 4 years?????

Technically you only need to be delayed one year and have a well timed birthday.

yeah but the page on which it is revealed she's in high school puts her in the first year, so she would have to have been held back 4 times to be 19

I doubt she's actually that old, considering it's been established that the school she goes to, Seirin Academy, has considerably stricter academic standards than the school most of the cast goes to. If she flunked multiple grades in the past I doubt she would have been able to get in.

It's probably just a situation where she needs to hide her age for some reason, or people just assume she's older than she actually is and she just goes along with it.

bb_shootingstar
joined Aug 30, 2022

Okay but speaking of foreshadowing I'm pretty sure this is also Kishiya? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/school_zone_ch41#6

joined Aug 10, 2014

Bro this manga comes out way too slowly to have such an engaging plot.

Also Fuji you beautiful disaster, I hope you achieve everything you set out to do

last edited at Aug 30, 2022 11:50PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Fuji broke

Also did Shimizu ever get the tape?

And I was wondering if Kishiya goes to a college that requires a school uniform (never heard of that irl) but the consensus here seems to be that she isn't as old as she claims.

last edited at Aug 31, 2022 12:12AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

She's a JK, and a first year at that. She definitely lied about her age.

last edited at Aug 31, 2022 12:17AM

joined Apr 14, 2022

And I was wondering if Kishiya goes to a college that requires a school uniform (never heard of that irl) but the consensus here seems to be that she isn't as old as she claims.

I don't think it was meant to be super ambiguous.

last edited at Aug 31, 2022 3:32PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

My thought is that Kishiya actually is 19 - "old enough to be in college," which is something she's said before - but was held back in school for some reason.

for 4 years?????

Technically you only need to be delayed one year and have a well timed birthday.

yeah but the page on which it is revealed she's in high school puts her in the first year, so she would have to have been held back 4 times to be 19

I doubt she's actually that old, considering it's been established that the school she goes to, Seirin Academy, has considerably stricter academic standards than the school most of the cast goes to. If she flunked multiple grades in the past I doubt she would have been able to get in.

It's probably just a situation where she needs to hide her age for some reason, or people just assume she's older than she actually is and she just goes along with it.

Is it possible that after middle school she couldn't afford Highschool tuition for whatever reason and has been saving up?

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

for 4 years?????

Is it possible that after middle school she couldn't afford Highschool tuition for whatever reason and has been saving up?

The simpler answer is usually the correct one... She just lied, thats all

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

Yatsude once more being the best character in the series

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Fuji is speed-running being gay and I am here for it. I was expecting her to hesitate about loving another woman, having been raised in a shrine and all that, but she is too far gone to be held back by social norms. Truly an icon of our generation.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Yatsude once more being the best character in the series

I love how she's turned into the go-to therapist for all these useless lesbians.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Fuji is speed-running being gay and I am here for it. I was expecting her to hesitate about loving another woman, having been raised in a shrine and all that, but she is too far gone to be held back by social norms. Truly an icon of our generation.

would you call her a Philosophy?

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Speaking of philosophy, that's why Kishiya was so surprised that Fuji was in 2nd year...because that's when she knew that Fuji was a year ahead of her.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Unless there's a university that labels itself as a high school, she's pretty conclusively a high school student.

The sign clearly states "高校 (koukou), so it's obviously an escalator school aligned with a university (Seiran Academy in this case). These are actually pretty common in Japan.

Of course, this means that Kishiya was not all that truthful. Was she trying to impress Fuji? If so, what for? Just to mess with her? I hope for poor Fuji this is not the case.

last edited at Aug 31, 2022 9:15AM

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Aw Fuji...
For all her blustering and idiocy and "Fuji-ness", she managed to overcome the obstacles that Yokoe drives herself insane over in an instant, what a strong girl
She's probably gonna get burned like the rest of them once she learns more about Kishiya though...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I get that she's in highschool but I don't get why people are assuming she's a first year tbh, I'll wait for the full manga disclosure

joined Jun 12, 2015

I think Fuji is the first character I ever saw that overcame the "But she is a girl" by "But I'm a girl too so it's ok". She is truly a legend.

I get that she's in highschool but I don't get why people are assuming she's a first year tbh, I'll wait for the full manga disclosure

She is writing her name in survey for year 1 ? That pretty definitive in my book

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

How funny that the gal straddled her and created a new interface.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah this panel seems pretty conclusive honestly

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oohh thank you, that's so odd but well, we have Be careful, Onee san! so I guess it is what it is xD

Truewarrior
joined Dec 13, 2014

Speaking of philosophy, that's why Kishiya was so surprised that Fuji was in 2nd year...because that's when she knew that Fuji was a year ahead of her.

Oh, the age difference was in the opposite direction.

last edited at Aug 31, 2022 10:51AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Oh, the age difference was in the opposite direction.

Ironically, it's a smaller gap. Hell can you really call it age gap for one year ?

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Ironically, it's a smaller gap. Hell can you really call it age gap for one year ?

Of course not. Kishiya is right in Fuji's strike zone. At least, I hope she is. Because after almost one hundred chapters my patience is starting to run a tad thin, and I think some progress has to be made by someone somehow. I'd prefer for Yokoe and Sugiura to finally work out their issues, but I will take Fuji and Kishiya for the time being if that is what's on offer.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

For all her blustering and idiocy and "Fuji-ness", she managed to overcome the obstacles that Yokoe drives herself insane over in an instant, what a strong girl

Lets be fair, Fuji has not had to deal with her crush saying "2 girls dating is weird" and "its not right" in front of her

joined Aug 10, 2014

Scenes when it's Fuji out of all these idiots the first one to get into a relationship

last edited at Aug 31, 2022 6:57PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.