Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Illustration13111
joined Jun 29, 2022

"Hopefully" ?

I'm really optimistic with the plot direction from the start after I checked out Arai's works.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

"Hopefully" ?

I'm really optimistic with the plot direction from the start after I checked out Arai's works.

The author is just a major tease.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Besties going shopping - sweet
Those shoes with socks are ugly af

Actually it kinda works with that skirt, I guess. They are both stylish 22 year-olds.

(makes me feel challenged as a 21 yo)

Let's agree to disagree as it's a matter of aesthetics and personal taste. Not that I like the skirt btw. All of these IMO are examples of blind following of modern fashion trends guided by big fashion brands to "decutify" and/or "masculinise" women's clothing. It is quite obvious if you follow Vogue fashion runways in the last, say, 5-10 years. The opposite is obviously happening with male clothing. But I digress. Sorry for the offtopic of sorts and a bit of a rant

They're definitely an ugly combination.

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

"Hopefully" ?

The author is just a major tease.

Sumiko is the hugest teaser haha xD

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Spoilers dude

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

lmao the author saw everyone panicking and was like "oh shit oh god hold on dont worry i got you"

The series is tagged Romance, so in contemporary understanding this means a love story with an emotionally fulfilling or optimistic ending. It has been a long time since Romance was defined by tragedy.

It's worth noting that the romance tag on this site only means that the story is romantically inclined or focuses on a romantic relationship. We don't have any insight into how a given story will end when we tag it and it's our opinion that the tag fits, not the authors'. It's roughly used to separate yuri stories where there is no relationship from yuri stories focused on relationships

In context to this series though there is enough published or posted content, even without the latest update, to reasonably conclude a satisfying or optimistic (hopeful) romantic ending. The tag, though tentative, works as a Genre label even if the site's use differs.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

AAAGGHH THEY ARE SO PRETTYYYYYYY

joined Aug 29, 2019

snip

Come on, don't delete the post I spent twenty minutes writing a response to.
Oh well, always a good opportunity to order your thoughts I guess.

last edited at Aug 27, 2022 9:00PM

joined Sep 2, 2018

Not me eagerly waiting for today's update to see what happens

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

TehSlan posted:

There'll be no update today.

Agu is taking a break and that's why she posted that "time skip" one pager.

Will have to wait next week.

joined Sep 2, 2018

TehSlan posted:

There'll be no update today.

Agu is taking a break and that's why she posted that "time skip" one pager.

Will have to wait next week.

Ah, I didn't know that. Thank you for the update at least <3
Or, well, the update, on the updates?

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Actually it kinda works with that skirt, I guess. They are both stylish 22 year-olds.

Let's agree to disagree as it's a matter of aesthetics and personal taste. Not that I like the skirt btw. All of these IMO are examples of blind following of modern fashion trends guided by big fashion brands to "decutify" and/or "masculinise" women's clothing. It is quite obvious if you follow Vogue fashion runways in the last, say, 5-10 years. The opposite is obviously happening with male clothing. But I digress. Sorry for the offtopic of sorts and a bit of a rant

Also, the dialogue implies that she's trying those shoes on before buying. No reason to take your socks off in a mall for that xD

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

She has that Jesse Pinkman swag

joined Jan 6, 2017

Your understanding is very wrong. Japan was long ahead of most Western countries in many ways, especially transgender rights.

You know Japan still requires trans people to be sterile and get SRS in order to change their legal gender. And they can't have children under 20 (or be married since no same sex marriage).
They are far behind most Western countries, especially in transgender rights.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Also, the dialogue implies that she's trying those shoes on before buying. No reason to take your socks off in a mall for that xD

right, no reason to put on the ugly socks in the first place xD

joined Jan 6, 2017

right, no reason to put on the ugly socks in the first place xD

The socks are really cute tho?

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Baha, the heated discussion on fashion now is just reminding me of the complaints about how there are so many comments on this manga.

There's just so much to argue about, lol.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

docs are always good on anything

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

docs are always good on anything

^^ exactly
thank you!

joined Mar 21, 2017

I can't follow the lines of logic on here sometimes.

joined Aug 29, 2019

The lines of what now?

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Now this is the kind of discussion these forums were made for.

joined Mar 21, 2017

The lines of what now?

Ha.

direngreylesbian
Rei%20pfp
joined Aug 13, 2022

Need to know what happens next... love this art style! <3

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Now this is the kind of discussion these forums were made for.

Finally, peace. We are back to discussing things like fashion and music instead of random discourse

To reply you must either login or sign up.