Forum › A Monster Wants to Eat Me discussion

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Good manga so far...I can not believe that I did not read it earlier. I think it is the magic thing that puts me off, as I have read quite a few bad ones.
This will be interesting...it is already a tragedy from the very first chapter. I wonder how can it get worse...well, Hinako has nothing to lose, she already has one foot in the realm of death. She has what we all called, survivors guilt, usually for soldiers whose unit was completely wiped out except a couple of guys. I actually disliked Miko at the beginning, as I do not like Perky characters, but now as it turns out, .the heroine...or anti-herione. So here we are, Hinako has a death wish which she is waiting to happen, Miko tries to protect her all the time because she has lost her own self respect and esteem, and Shiori tries to farm and harvest Hinako before eating her. The fact that Hinako does not care if Shiori hanging around shows that she does not care who eats her, because it does not matter to her. She just wants fate takes its course and she will die. Emotionally, she is a walking dead. Telling the two to stop fighting and be tolerate to each other shows that Hinako possesses love more than the other two combined and more..

last edited at Aug 3, 2022 7:07PM

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

oh no bro OH NO BRO

joined Apr 1, 2013

I feel like the lady who shares similar looks/smells is actually a shape/shifter and is most likely masking their scent based off the girl... i have a feeling next chapter the lady is going to reveal herself as some grotesque monster shes been hiding something for 3 solid chapters now and they both know the scent is weird i have a feeling shiori saying that she knew she was listening to the conversation hence why she left abruptly.. either way i cant wait to see what happens its gonna be so good

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

She’s gonna get eated

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

She’s gonna get eated

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

the author really did us good by manipulating our heartstrings and making us think we'd get the ship sailing and then giving us pain and deceit huh

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

yooooo, that better not be a 'bad touch' lady...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The fact the woman was a monster was phoned in for a few chapters. No surprise there.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I really hoped the obvious foreshadowing would not come to pass.

Alas... unless?

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

Yeah since this chapter was called the other side of humanity I assumed as well that she’d be a “human” monster. Rapey first then when the axe popped up I thought maybe axe murderer? But I guess not

Img_0046
joined Mar 20, 2015

I can't help feel like Miko deserves to be in a better yuri manga with better characters, because good Madoka almighty I'm getting tired of the two main characters.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, that was a surprise. Based on her exact words, though, I wonder what happened in her own past...

Img_20230814_172928
joined Jul 17, 2022

everyone is so sus dammit

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I mean we all saw this coming. tbh with the whole axe thing and the dead step daughter I was kinda thinking she wasn't a monster and was just some psycho ass serial killer for a second though lol. And for not caring and not wanting to be her friend she sure jumped out of her seat and is looking for her pretty franticly she can't keep denying it's only for food purposes forever.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And for not caring and not wanting to be her friend she sure jumped out of her seat and is looking for her pretty franticly she can't keep denying it's only for food purposes forever.

"Don't misunderstand, I just didn't want someone else to get to my food!" /tsundere

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess she was murdered, either by her step-daughter or her husband, and she became a monster from her anger and hatred so she could kill them, and now lingers on and murders unsuspecting people?

joined Aug 29, 2019

And for not caring and not wanting to be her friend she sure jumped out of her seat and is looking for her pretty franticly she can't keep denying it's only for food purposes forever.

"Don't misunderstand, I just didn't want someone else to get to my food!" /tsundere

That's 100% what's gonna happen, though Hinako isn't exactly buying it anymore, and Shiori also knows that it's not true :D
I think only Miko is still completely fooled.

joined Dec 17, 2021

No surprises there, but I liked the reveal of what kind of monster she was (I asume she can only be perceived as a monster once the other mouth opens, explaining why Shiori and Miko weren't suspicious of her).

Also, I feel like if Shiori only cared about Hinako as a rare and exquisite meal, she would be angry about others trying to eat her, but here she seeems worried. I don't know, it feels Shiori cares about Hinako but I'm not convinced their limited interactions would be enough to turn her from "I only want to eat the best food" to "I don't anyone to hurt Hinako".

joined Aug 29, 2019

I don't know, it feels Shiori cares about Hinako but I'm not convinced their limited interactions would be enough to turn her from "I only want to eat the best food" to "I don't anyone to hurt Hinako".

The more background we get the more I feel that Shiori never actually saw her as just food and that that was always more a ruse than the actual plan, which goes back years before they met, with Shiori being somehow involved in the accident and Hinako's survival. We'll see, I could very well be wrong.

joined Feb 22, 2018

And the yokai in this chapter is "futakuchi onna"

https://yokai.fandom.com/wiki/Futakuchi-Onna

joined Feb 22, 2018

joined Aug 29, 2019

Yep, and those can be surprisingly cute... at least in SoL Manga...
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/medusa_and_futakuchi_chan

joined Dec 17, 2021

I don't know, it feels Shiori cares about Hinako but I'm not convinced their limited interactions would be enough to turn her from "I only want to eat the best food" to "I don't anyone to hurt Hinako".

The more background we get the more I feel that Shiori never actually saw her as just food and that that was always more a ruse than the actual plan, which goes back years before they met, with Shiori being somehow involved in the accident and Hinako's survival. We'll see, I could very well be wrong.

Yeah, that's where I'm at as well. After all, in chapter 1 Shiori said she had been looking for Hinako for a long time, or something along those lines, and it's a generic enough phrase to mean "I detected you aroma and I was looking for you" or "I met you a long time ago and I came to find you/save you".

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

I knew it, it's Mawile.

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

The story and art are so good, I am honestly very impressed with each new chapter. I am kinda hoping for a bittersweet Scarlet ending

To reply you must either login or sign up.