Forum › The Fed Up Office Lady Wants to Serve the Villainess discussion

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I'm trying to hold out hope that the villainess will be over the top about her evil schemes and office lady will have to save her from the consequences of her actions but, sadly, stories like this hate having actually evil ladies as love interests

Now, when you say "over the top", are we talking Carmen Sandiego here, or straight up Bond villain, because I could be down to see either.

I would die for a slapstick romantic comedy where the villainess went full insane bond villain and the OL was desperately trying to ride the tornado while keeping her from going to far xD

Sadly, I doubt that's where this is headed

last edited at Aug 23, 2022 9:02AM

henrytruongfe522
joined Jan 25, 2022

I'm always down for more villianess yuri no matter how generic loool

same here

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

dang this yuri is impressive, it progresses so fast the main character already has a ring on what's next, a carriage in place of a u-haul truck?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Neko Tarou writes a villainess yuri? Sign me up!

Are we ever gonna get a real hardcore villainess for these types of stories? Less "Oh I am just a misunderstood cinnamon roll" and more "You and your kingdom and your dog is going down" type of gal. It is easy to love a "villainess" with puppy dog eyes. Lets see how heroine deals with her feelings when her lover goes through soldiers like tissue paper.

I think the whole point of the "villainess yuri" subgenre is to deconstruct the dominant otoge archetype of the villainess-who-is-evil-because-heroine-needs-a-straightforward-antagonist-who-can-die-for-the-heroine's-het-ending. The idea that the villainess is a misunderstood cinnamon roll was one attempt to loosen up this tropey plot setup, by expanding the villainess' characterization beyond being a simple plot device. What you and others before you are asking for is actually the next step in the process, a deconstruction of the deconstruction (i.e. a re-construction), wherein the villainess would be given agency and characterization that make her a credible villain beyond being a plot device for the heroine to overcome in order to capture her man.

last edited at Aug 23, 2022 9:13AM

joined Oct 15, 2020

Yay more yuri. That what I like to read.

Shiro
joined Oct 12, 2020

Wow, it’s literally Zero no Tsukaima… but gay.

Excellent.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Okay this is going to be awesome. The art is fantastic and the story is interesting. Love me some non awful harem Isekai so thank god it looks to focus on just these two lol

Wow, it’s literally Zero no Tsukaima… but gay.

Excellent.

Saito is probably one of the worst male protags in the history of anime. Louise started off awful... But Saito was such a scumbag of a main character. Let's hope this girl isn't like him who says he loves someone but takes every chance to be in a sexual position with 10 other girls lol.

last edited at Aug 23, 2022 10:43AM

joined Apr 16, 2022

I think it's too early to judge how generic this'll be. The protagonist getting someone wholesale (instead of taking over someone's body) is already rare in villainess isekais; them being an utterly powerless (at least for now) working class person even moreso.

What'll really matter is the quality of the characters. The protagonist isn't particularly interesting so it'll really need the villainess to be compelling. It would be best if her "heel face turn" is due to understandable yet unjustifiable character motivations and not either some sort of magical possession or "she's a misunderstood cinnamon roll who had everyone's best interest in mind all the time." We'll see where this manga goes with her. (And yeah I dearly hope the heroine isn't secretly evil, that's possibly the most annoying villainess Isekai trope there is.)

joined Mar 19, 2020

Well I mean so far we see she is dedicated to her family business and the mc implied that that’s her love and pride and not that she’s just a cinnamon roll (i mean she kinda did at the end there but still). So maybe it will take the route of “she has her own reasons for whatever but with support would choose healthier options” instead of the usual “misunderstood kind girl”.

Also her hair is actually insane, I just stared at it for like a minute. Like what is that, it’s like someone (sephiroth) else’s hair is just pancaked on normal hair with a tiara in between to make it less obvious.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Neko Tarou writes a villainess yuri? Sign me up!

Are we ever gonna get a real hardcore villainess for these types of stories? Less "Oh I am just a misunderstood cinnamon roll" and more "You and your kingdom and your dog is going down" type of gal. It is easy to love a "villainess" with puppy dog eyes. Lets see how heroine deals with her feelings when her lover goes through soldiers like tissue paper.

I think the whole point of the "villainess yuri" subgenre is to deconstruct the dominant otoge archetype of the villainess-who-is-evil-because-heroine-needs-a-straightforward-antagonist-who-can-die-for-the-heroine's-het-ending. The idea that the villainess is a misunderstood cinnamon roll was one attempt to loosen up this tropey plot setup, by expanding the villainess' characterization beyond being a simple plot device. What you and others before you are asking for is actually the next step in the process, a deconstruction of the deconstruction (i.e. a re-construction), wherein the villainess would be given agency and characterization that make her a credible villain beyond being a plot device for the heroine to overcome in order to capture her man.

I am too impatient for literary cycles to pass sorry. I want my stone cold dom now.

Tumblr_cee5b652f60d90ff709454b0003785ca_6809dc36_400-min
joined Sep 4, 2021

the artstyle is really pretty and the story is pretty interesting too (well i’ve seen other mangas with this plot BUT IDC) so excitef for more chapters !!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Love it but afraid to love it too, like I don't want a "it's time to return to my own world" ending, that's why you gotta trust in Truck kun, he does the job well

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I’m a little worried about the premise being predicated on “i just have a really intense desire to be needed by others”. I hope the office lady gets some proper development/a sense of self worth so they can stand side by side as equals.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

So Zero no tsukaima, but yuri.
So refreshing to see an Isekai without anyone dying to get here.

Truck-kun: Wait, THAT'S ILLEGAL!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

When I saw the title I was expecting one of those four page "quick summary sketch and bam!" kind of things.

20220308_002456
joined Mar 8, 2022

Tries to do a 10 pull
Gets pulled instead

joined Mar 28, 2022

I was kinda fed up of isekai + villainess stories (no offense to the genre, i just saw it too much and get tired), so i was going to give it a pass, but then i notice that the author is Neko Tarou, so here i am now :)
It was quite a decent start, and i'm particularly curious about who the villainess originally intend to summon, the one she said also had "foresight" like the mc.

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Yes give me more of this subgenre!!

Also wow, when the gacha game summons you instead of you summoning them, now that’s funny.

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

Well, the contract already gave them their wedding rings...

Princess_Anime
Illyasvielgay
joined Mar 6, 2021

100 more chapters of gaybait lets go ladies

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I’m a little worried about the premise being predicated on “i just have a really intense desire to be needed by others”. I hope the office lady gets some proper development/a sense of self worth so they can stand side by side as equals.

I suspect the villainess is going to impart some independence and backbone to the OL either indirectly or after getting frustrated with the OL’s subservience. It’s a good setup for a character arc! Let’s hope it doesn’t go unexamined

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Otome genre soon will be so related to yuri that all games will had to had at last one route.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I kinda want to see things back to the office for a brief moment, like "oh my God, the moment we fired the person who was supporting the whole office, the performance in general decreased in 30% but (((why)))?" .

But yeah she was literally Too good for this world! lo/ hope she learns to be more independent.

joined Jan 5, 2020

I like this... I hope it's not too dramatic but and it's story is as good or better than NekoMusume. I really loved NekoMosume by this author.

MeWant3ButchOneeSan
joined May 6, 2019

MOAAAAR

To reply you must either login or sign up.