Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Wahhh I get so excited when I see these updates. Only for the happiness to die so quickly cause these are so short ;_;

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Thin-skinned arrogant pretty-boy --> adoring fan arrogant pretty-boy (NEW!)

I don't think he'll ever act malicious, he's just not reliable nor thoughtful. If anything he'll try to force Mitsuki and Aya to close the distance and laugh at the results.

That boy needs to find himself a boyfriend instead of interfering. I get he probably just admires stylish manly people for their craft, though...

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Aww I kind of like him now. It’s way more believable now that he’d be capable of causing some relationship drama. Not because he’s malevolent or plotting, but because he’s actually a dumbass and is insensitive enough to not realize he’s in a yuri manga.

My favorite part about Sundays for sure

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

I can hear the "Please peg me ma'am".

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Pleasantly surprised with the direction the author took for the dude. Let's see where this'll go. It'll be cool if he does turn into a long term ally.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

So many people are willing to give Jerkface another chance one he said he'd keep his mouth shut, but he confirmed his jerkface status when he realized that Aya was into Mitsuki/Shop Clerk and his first inclination was to suggest that he could join in with them in their relations. I understand that impulse to want to watch/join/admire two (or more) attractive women enjoy each other's company, but to suggest that, out loud, to her face, in public (since she was at work), was a true jerkface move. It totally cemented his status as sleaze in my mind.

Yep I'm worried about this as well. I try and give people the benefit of doubt and give others a second chance but the first thing I thought of is he's gonna attempt to blackmail her eventually. Hoping he's not as much of a jerkface as it's lead onto believe though. But I def foresee some kind of blackmail in the future.

Riiiiiight bc Boys and Girls cant be friends or that a boy cant be friends with 2 girls without having "threesome" reasons in mind right? Thats bs

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

^^ thank you for calling this out

let's hope he'll turn into an ally, that will be a breath of fresh air

joined May 1, 2015

That guy got kabedoned. That is funny as hell.

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

So many people are willing to give Jerkface another chance one he said he'd keep his mouth shut, but he confirmed his jerkface status when he realized that Aya was into Mitsuki/Shop Clerk and his first inclination was to suggest that he could join in with them in their relations. I understand that impulse to want to watch/join/admire two (or more) attractive women enjoy each other's company, but to suggest that, out loud, to her face, in public (since she was at work), was a true jerkface move. It totally cemented his status as sleaze in my mind.

Yep I'm worried about this as well. I try and give people the benefit of doubt and give others a second chance but the first thing I thought of is he's gonna attempt to blackmail her eventually. Hoping he's not as much of a jerkface as it's lead onto believe though. But I def foresee some kind of blackmail in the future.

Riiiiiight bc Boys and Girls cant be friends or that a boy cant be friends with 2 girls without having "threesome" reasons in mind right? Thats bs

No, guys and girls (of any age group/gap) CAN be friends without any of the physical aspects. It wasn't my intention to say that can't happen. My reading of that character and his intentions, based on his behavior and introduction, gives me reason to doubt his sincerity for any kind of friendship that doesn't involve the physical aspects. It's been my own experience that anyone who would try to manipulate people based on their own outer attractiveness (his introduction), isn't too far away from taking that next step down 'that' path. (Not trying to be mysterious or obtuse, I'm trying to not be crass or straight up obscene).

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

No, guys and girls (of any age group/gap) CAN be friends without any of the physical aspects. It wasn't my intention to say that can't happen. My reading of that character and his intentions, based on his behavior and introduction, gives me reason to doubt his sincerity for any kind of friendship that doesn't involve the physical aspects. It's been my own experience that anyone who would try to manipulate people based on their own outer attractiveness (his introduction), isn't too far away from taking that next step down 'that' path. (Not trying to be mysterious or obtuse, I'm trying to not be crass or straight up obscene).

I think he's just a bit of a narcissist. I don't think there's anything romantic or malicious involved, he just thinks each of them is individually super cool and subconsciously thinks he can raise his status by hanging out with these two really cool girls.

At least that's how it reads to me. He needs a humbling, but at the moment at least he's not actively bad.

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

that will be a breath of fresh air

Are there really that many annoying male characters in this genre? The majority of male characters I can think of are generally supportive, the only exceptions off the top of my head is that on guy from Bright and Cheery Amnesia. I mean, obviously I’d prefer it this way but I wouldn’t say it’s not the norm anyway.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Okay everybody, unrelated musical poll: Aerosmiths Crazy vs don't wanna miss a thing

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

I think he's just a bit of a narcissist. I don't think there's anything romantic or malicious involved, he just thinks each of them is individually super cool and subconsciously thinks he can raise his status by hanging out with these two really cool girls.

At least that's how it reads to me. He needs a humbling, but at the moment at least he's not actively bad.

It's a bit of both.

In lieu of a name, Jerkface makes clear in Chapter 13 that he approaches girls as a manipulator and is used to, "wrap a girl around my finger" (Chapter 12 pg 1 and 4). Even if the approach is non-sexual, he still expects girls to fulfill some personal service to him at their expense.

In his request to be "part of the fun" in a female only relationship, he prefaces his interest in Mitsuki's physical appearance as "hot" and masculine. Though his compliment offends, his attempt was to manipulate through flattery and a sense of "comrades among men" to get Mitsuki to "allow" him access to a close relationship between girls he is otherwise not privy to (Chapter 15 page 2)

His expectation may not be sexual per say (it's also best not to confuse romantic with sexual), but he is still using manipulation to use a relationship between girls for his own self-fulfillment. What he wasn't expecting was girls telling him no nor confronting him.

However, even in the confrontation he still manages to find self-fulfillment. There is nothing explicit sexual, but sexual isn't the only form of bodily and or psychological self-fulfillment. It's most often about having control. Otherwise, it's not friendship he's after and his actions remain in line with the sexual "lesbians are hot, let me join in" even if sex isn't the desire fulfillment looked for.

Is he irredeemable? No, not in general. But he's a jerk for sure and he may be irredeemable to others he may have hurt before.

last edited at Jul 31, 2022 6:18PM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

It's a bit of both.

In lieu of a name, Jerkface makes clear in Chapter 13 that he approaches girls as a manipulator and is used to, "wrap a girl around my finger" (Chapter 12 pg 1 and 4). Even if the approach is non-sexual, he still expects girls to fulfill some personal service to him at their expense.

In his request to be "part of the fun" in a female only relationship, he prefaces his interest in Mitsuki's physical appearance as "hot" and masculine. Though his compliment offends, his attempt was to manipulate through flattery and a sense of "comrades among men" to get Mitsuki to "allow" him access to a close relationship between girls he is otherwise not privy to (Chapter 15 page 2)

His expectation may not be sexual per say (it's also best not to confuse romantic with sexual), but he is still using manipulation to use a relationship between girls for his own self-fulfillment. What he wasn't expecting was girls telling him no nor confronting him.

However, even in the confrontation he still manages to find self-fulfillment. There is nothing explicit sexual, but sexual isn't the only form of bodily and or psychological self-fulfillment. It's most often about having control. Otherwise, it's not friendship he's after and his actions remain in line with the sexual "lesbians are hot, let me join in" even if sex isn't the desire fulfillment looked for.

Is he irredeemable? No, not in general. But he's a jerk for sure and he may be irredeemable to others he may have hurt before.

what

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Okay everybody, unrelated musical poll: Aerosmiths Crazy vs don't wanna miss a thing

DWMAT EASY.

NarwhalAoibhe
9ea8c86338c0cf066a21ed99afb1e363
joined May 22, 2022

I’m in love, she’s everything.

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

It's a bit of both.

what

Jerkface finds self-sanctification in both controlling girls and images of a specific masculinity he aspires to. He says as much himself. Even if not sexual, it's still a matter of self-fulfillment and control at the expense of others. He's not used to girls telling him no, so when they do he's emotionally harmed as the dominant party. However, if the rejection meets his view of masculinity then he's fulfilled as the submissive party. He was first scared of Mitsuki, but then gets all blushed and starry eyed by her aggressive approach to him.

last edited at Jul 31, 2022 6:49PM

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

It's a bit of both.

XD

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Jerkface finds self-sanctification in both controlling girls and images of a specific masculinity he aspires to. He says as much himself. Even if not sexual, it's still a matter of self-fulfillment and control at the expense of others. He's not used to girls telling him no, so when they do he's emotionally harmed as the dominant party. However, if the rejection meets his view of masculinity then he's fulfilled as the submissive party. He was first scared of Mitsuki, but then gets all blushed and starry eyed by her aggressive approach to him.

I suppose I'm simply not getting all of that from his character.

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

I suppose I'm simply not getting all of that from his character.

Wrapping someone around one's finger is controlling them to perform what one wants out of them. Jerkface says he's used to getting his way with girls in this manner. When Mitsuki can not fulfill what he's after, he mocks her. Aya in response calls him Jerkface, which slowly eats at him the rest of the day. He's wounded.

He then gives Mistuki, "pure and manly praise" for her appearance. He's not hitting on her, just praising her for a "male" image he's partial to. And when she acts strongly to him, he shows fear but also stars come to his eyes and he blushes. Mitsuki looks and acts, in Jerkface's opinion, in a "manly" way that appeals to Jerkface, but also scares him.

Whether he meant by the way or not, it doesn't much matter. Because he's still looking for an in into a relationship he's otherwise not part of. What fun is he referring to?

When pushed he's not that bad. But otherwise how he treats people initially is not nice at all. Guy can learn.

last edited at Jul 31, 2022 7:47PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So the consensus is that the guy is kind of a jerkface, then?

I tend to agree.

last edited at Jul 31, 2022 7:53PM

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Love triangle?

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Sigh... Sucks this series is gay bait according to interview with author.

the author just didn't see this as "yuri" but Woman loving another woman situation (like a gender based) also she loves matured girls if u see her other works js.

But that's literally what Yuri means, lol

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Don't Wanna Miss a Thing is just on another level...

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Sigh... Sucks this series is gay bait according to interview with author.

the author just didn't see this as "yuri" but Woman loving another woman situation (like a gender based) also she loves matured girls if u see her other works js.

But that's literally what Yuri means, lol

"Yuri" is first and foremost a concept, a genre. With all its implications, formulations and removal from real life lesbian experience. There are plenty of reason to avoid the label "yuri" and all its baggage while still writing stories about women loving women.

To reply you must either login or sign up.