Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

...so are we meant to understand that the prez somehow arranged things in the hope that she would get struck? because even by his standards that's a very roundabout and imprecise way of trying to kill someone

Perhaps he's just hoping that she dies of exposure?

She's out in the rain, so the result will be one of those deadly manga colds ;D

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

...so are we meant to understand that the prez somehow arranged things in the hope that she would get struck? because even by his standards that's a very roundabout and imprecise way of trying to kill someone

Not sure about his standards but isn't his way always been the opposite of Occam's Razor? It's just that apparently god works for him in mysterious ways.

Perhaps God was the real culprit all along.

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Good ending: Satsuki throws the President of the window and the sound of the impact scares Seo and stops her from opening the door, the President dies from the fall and the deaths also stop, the end :)

last edited at Jul 13, 2022 10:30PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

She's out in the rain, so the result will be one of those deadly manga colds ;D

"It's too late for me Satsuki! I already have a headache and a light cough!"

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Apparently the odds of being struck by lightning in the U.S. at least is 1/15,300
I imagine in Japan it would be somewhat similar
I also imagine that even though you make yourself to be more of a conductor the odds of you being struck is still very damn unlikely
Hell, maybe she'll just fall in a rain puddle and drown.

joined Mar 25, 2019

Seems like it's going to be the first death Satsuki fails to prevent, at least the first one on screen/page. If it is, it would be devastating for her especially after they connected on some level. Man, I didn't really hate the prez before, only found him kinda annoying, but this is some next level evil shit. How are you going to even justify this one? You're literally the one who manipulated her into almost killing someone, now she's a mess and would probably be mentally scarred for life if you had succeeded. Seems to me that under his logic the prez and his minion probably deserve to die the most.

Polish_20220813_091412010%20(2)%20(1)
joined Oct 17, 2021

Just a random fact:
In my country sleeping on a table is a no no because the only people that sleeps on the table is a dead one, having their last bath taken care by their family/member of the community. Sleeping on one means that you will invite some misfortune onto yourself or someone that is close to you. Or you know, you simply want to die.

Images%20(2)
joined Jun 3, 2021

Seems like it's going to be the first death Satsuki fails to prevent

We say that on every cliff hanger lol

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

More than arranging things we must remember he has the same eyes of Satsuki that can see the corpse of someone 24h before they die, he maybe saw the corpse when Michiru arrived to the school to help him and said nothing, Satsuki maybe did not saw it as she was more worried of saving Seo i guess that was her name

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Satsuki yeeted
Kai was defeated

Or maybe not…?

joined May 1, 2013

Naw, pres wouldn't kill Michiru; he's likely the one who warped her in the first place, and he must know she didn't really want to kill anyone. (Has it be confirmed he was the one who switched the oil? Even if not, he must know she's innocent.)

But he is very gung-ho about killing Shiina, and I bet that's what this is all about. I figure whatever happens is the catalyst for Michiru/Shiina, if it's gonna happen.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I would like to think Satsuki is going to save the day, but after reading the author's previous work, I'm not so sure anymore.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

It's cool that Liar Satsuki got a music collab!

joined Mar 23, 2022

damn are we finally having the first death case in the series now, also who is that girl again in the last panel?RIP her

joined Sep 10, 2021

damn are we finally having the first death case in the series now, also who is that girl again in the last panel?RIP her

She's the one who got acussed for attempting to murder Shiina

last edited at Jul 14, 2022 7:28AM

I know it's kind of late in the game to ask but can someone please explain to me why the president and vice president are so gung whole about killing people?

last edited at Jul 14, 2022 9:15AM

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

This guy needs to get hit with a seven page muda

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

I know it's kind of late in the game to ask but can someone please explain to me why the president and vice president are so gung whole about killing people?

The president is like Light Yagami, where he has visions of grandeur and justice, and that the other people are "completely irredeemable" and "a danger to society" or something.
I don't get the vice president, maybe she just likes him for some reason. Or doesn't get implications

joined Jun 3, 2014

RIP lover girl

here's the music vid

last edited at Jul 14, 2022 10:21AM

The president is like Light Yagami, where he has visions of grandeur and justice, and that the other people are "completely irredeemable" and "a danger to society" or something.

That makes sense

I don't get the vice president, maybe she just likes him for some reason. Or doesn't get implications

I think something happened to her in her past that made her be supportive of his ideology

last edited at Jul 14, 2022 11:17AM

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I think something happened to her in her past that made her be supportive of his ideology

She has a scar on her face hidden by her hair. It’s been heavily implied that someone seriously abused her in the past and that Kai “saved” her from them. His feelings of guilt over to not preventing this abuse before it happened seems to be what’s driving his little child murder crusade. He’s trying to prevent what happened to the vice-prez from happening to anyone else. He’s still worse than all the people he targets, he’s a fucking serial killer, but he genuinely believes that he’s saving “Victims” from “Abusers”, even if his perceptions don’t actually match reality. Righteous violence is still violence, after all.

I actually find him really interesting as a villain. He’s like the personification of the general attitude in fandom spaces to uncritically exile anyone perceived as problematic, without any consideration of their situation or an allowance for them to improve, but taken to its logical extreme.
He’s so set into the victims and victimizers duality that he ignores the ways the people he classifies as victimizers are themselves victims. He can only see the world in black and white (and not just because this a manga) and he hurts people as a result.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

She is the storm that is approaching.

Provoking black clouds in isolation.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

She is the reclaimer of her name... born in flames, she has been blessed.

B9236d1235202138436b1a383c5c82c8
joined Jan 26, 2021

She is the reclaimer of her name... born in flames, she has been blessed.

Her family crest is a demon of death.
Forsakened, she is awakened...

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

The manga is an interesting read when you read it in one go. Although I have to say that Satsuki's naivety is bothering me. Looking forward how this will turnout. I can't see the yuri in here tho... do we get more yuri in this manga later on?

To reply you must either login or sign up.