Forum › Sweet Days with a Boy discussion

joined Mar 31, 2013

It probably wasn't intended to be funny, but the transition from page 28 to 29 made me laugh out loud. Guy got emotionally Yamcha'd.

last edited at Jul 1, 2022 12:02AM

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

It finally fucking happened! It took 20 chapters but Nagisa finally realized it!

joined Sep 6, 2018

Poor girl didn’t know who she was competing with. She didn’t have a chance. The story is getting interesting, I’d say 10 more chapters to go.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Nice he finally realized it, now it's her turn.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I'm not too surprised by how Nagisa turned the other girl down. She was introduced too late and received too little buildup to be a viable love interest.

As for Nagisa and Ai, I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of Nagisa getting together with his stepmother's younger sister, but I'm still curious as to how the story deals with this and what the ramifications of their relationship are.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nagisa's blank face on all the attractions in the park is just pure comedy.

In the end, what the date taught him was that he did indeed have someone special to him already. ^_^

joined Jul 1, 2022

There's a funny error in the description of this manga:
"The 16-year old Nagisa is her sister's stepson, suddenly sent to live with Ai when his parents left for an overseas job. Wary like cats, these two loners 10 years apart in age will have to make a new life together."

On literally the written line of the first panel of the first page, it says that it is Ai's 30th birthday. That means that they are 14 years apart, not 10 years apart!

joined Mar 15, 2015

"The 16-year old Nagisa is her sister's stepson, suddenly sent to live with Ai when his parents left for an overseas job. Wary like cats, these two loners 10 years apart in age will have to make a new life together."

On literally the written line of the first panel of the first page, it says that it is Ai's 30th birthday. That means that they are 14 years apart, not 10 years apart!

That's a good catch. Then again, it's not quite as bad as Funimation's description of the Otherside Picnic anime saying that Sorawo and Toriko are high school students, not college students.

It's good that the story is addressing the taboo nature of a potential relationship between Ai and Nagisa, as well as how Ai, as the adult, would take the brunt of the backlash if their relationship came to light. Most age gap romances that I know of have the younger person take the initiative to confess first, but the idea that confessing could cause problems for Ai will strongly discourage Nagisa from saying anything about his feelings.

It's nice to see the story proceed at a slow burn, but I hope they don't drag things out for too long. I'd like to see Nagisa confess within the next few chapters.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

That's a good catch. Then again, it's not quite as bad as Funimation's description of the Otherside Picnic anime saying that Sorawo and Toriko are high school students, not college students.

It's good that the story is addressing the taboo nature of a potential relationship between Ai and Nagisa, as well as how Ai, as the adult, would take the brunt of the backlash if their relationship came to light. Most age gap romances that I know of have the younger person take the initiative to confess first, but the idea that confessing could cause problems for Ai will strongly discourage Nagisa from saying anything about his feelings.

It's nice to see the story proceed at a slow burn, but I hope they don't drag things out for too long. I'd like to see Nagisa confess within the next few chapters.

I can think of one way, but you're not going to like it.
Next chapter: He decides to wait until he's an adult to confess.
(Timeskip!)
Following chapter: Now an adult, he confesses, they get together, the end.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I can think of one way, but you're not going to like it.
Next chapter: He decides to wait until he's an adult to confess.
(Timeskip!)
Following chapter: Now an adult, he confesses, they get together, the end.

Well, I for one, hope they get together before, goddamn timeskips, but I doubt we'll even get a kiss before a timeskip!!!

joined Jan 21, 2020

Well, I for one, hope they get together before, goddamn timeskips, but I doubt we'll even get a kiss before a timeskip!!!

Yeah i honestly really dislike timeskips in age gap stories. Its like ordering a flavourful and exotic drink and then pouring half a litre of water into it. But considering how common it is, i wont hold too high hopes.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Arima just crashing into a pole after that revelation... :D

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

still in chapter 2, and I gotta say, that fucking kid, so rude to someone currently taking care of you, girl, drop him

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Ughhhh that chapter end

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Thank you @princess_daphie for delivering another superb chapter! I know this isn't common fare at Dynasty these days, but I think all of us regular readers really appreciate your efforts.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Thank you @princess_daphie for delivering another superb chapter! I know this isn't common fare at Dynasty these days, but I think all of us regular readers really appreciate your efforts.

Really—Daphie is a superb curator for Dynasty-friendly non-yuri/yuri-adjacent material. Excellent stuff. Thanks!

joined Mar 15, 2015

On Page 11, Nagisa says, "Not even my little brother would notice."
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sweet_days_with_a_boy_ch22#11

I thought Nagisa was an only child, but am I mistaken?

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Don't stop at the "or"

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

@Yuki Kitsune @Blastaar You're welcome you guys and thank you for telling me!

@Ultraxion My only guess is maybe once of his step-siblings? I went and checked back and the word used there really is 弟.

joined Mar 15, 2015

@Yuki Kitsune @Blastaar You're welcome you guys and thank you for telling me!

@Ultraxion My only guess is maybe once of his step-siblings? I went and checked back and the word used there really is 弟.

Interesting. Of course, this would also imply that Yui had a husband/boyfriend prior to Takahito, and had a child with that man, and I don't recall AI mentioning anything like this.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ughhhh that chapter end

Ah, yeah... Such a nice chapter for the most part, and yet the end left me really dreading the next one.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

nagisa you absolute mad lad, i usually don´t like when characters take back what they said or get cut short but honestly i think is still early for this conversation and clearly is not the place. so hopefully he doesnt follow through or get interrupted so we can get more of this wonderfull story

joined Mar 15, 2015

nagisa you absolute mad lad, i usually don´t like when characters take back what they said or get cut short but honestly i think is still early for this conversation and clearly is not the place. so hopefully he doesnt follow through or get interrupted so we can get more of this wonderfull story

I personally think that the story's gone on long enough that having him get cold feet now would come off as dragging things out. What I'm hoping for in the next chapter is that the conversation about Nagisa's feelings for Ai will last most of the chapter, and the chapter will conclude with some hint as to where things will go from here.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Yea if they pull some nonsense again after doing it in the previous chapter imma get abit annoyed.

joined Mar 15, 2015

Yea if they pull some nonsense again after doing it in the previous chapter imma get abit annoyed.

I'm personally rather disappointed with this chapter. I was hoping that Nagisa would make a confession at the end of the chapter, ending on a cliffhanger but making it unambiguously clear he'd taken the plunge, but no such luck.

To reply you must either login or sign up.