Forum › Walk to Death discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Holy moly, I didn't expect her to have actually killed somebody.

Also, does anybody know what the other manga is that they're referring to in the credits page?

The other work of the artist probably

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

ah and there she goes. Goodbye Natsuki. I suppose we could hope for a miracle but somehow I don't think you'll make it.

Gotta say I really loved the moment when Tokiko asked Aoya how many people of her family he killed turned around and realised he was already dead so she just... leaves.

Also Tokiko trying out the gachapon sure is her just trying to find anything to care for on a personal level after she has realized that she's got no desires of her own.

last edited at Jun 11, 2022 4:06PM

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Ah man, I liked natsuki, maybe she gets out? Probably not tho

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

Tokiko's curse strikes again...

joined Jun 5, 2018

Honestly should have killed that girl too. If you actually think shell turn out NOT murdering someone in the future, youd be sorely mistaken. She didnt do shit when her "brother" killed and ate people. She wont let go of his corpse. If tokikos curse wont turn out to be a blessing in disguise, then there we go, we have another serial killer!

Although, I doubt tokiko cares what happens to her. Shes done her deed so I guess I shouldnt expect any selfless acts.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

No. Not her. No.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I'm still holding out hope for another fakeout >.<

joined Sep 1, 2021

Okay, I know you can't really expect a psycho serial murderer to actually think rationally, but... His whole purification theory makes no sense at all? If murdering someone is what makes you a monster, how is murdering more people going to turn you back to a human? Like, his twisted idea of drinking "pure" blood would make some sense if, say, someone else procured the blood and offered it to him? But him killing more people in the process of purifying himself is self-contradictory.

This depends on whether he makes a distinction between one murder and one hundred murders. One could take the stance that, one or one hundred, a murderer is a murderer. This would mean that you don't need any more purification for one hundred murders than one murder.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well, shit. Damn...

joined Jan 11, 2014

NOOOOOOOOOO

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

The lifts in this series really need more robust safety features

joined May 10, 2021

B R U H

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Okay, I know you can't really expect a psycho serial murderer to actually think rationally, but... His whole purification theory makes no sense at all? If murdering someone is what makes you a monster, how is murdering more people going to turn you back to a human? Like, his twisted idea of drinking "pure" blood would make some sense if, say, someone else procured the blood and offered it to him? But him killing more people in the process of purifying himself is self-contradictory.

This depends on whether he makes a distinction between one murder and one hundred murders. One could take the stance that, one or one hundred, a murderer is a murderer. This would mean that you don't need any more purification for one hundred murders than one murder.

Sure, but. He claimed that it takes two years for all the cells in your body to be replaced, didn't he? And the plan was to consume "pure" people in the meantime, so that his renewed body would be human again. If we accept that the "pure" blood cleanses his body, then wouldn't it be corrupted again with the next murder? Even if the number of victims doesn't play a role in this, time absolutely does —he did bring it up on his own, after all. What I'm trying to say is, following his "logic" of replacing his impure body cells with human ones, the two-year time frame should be reset each time he murders another person.

I liked how chapter 28 was constructed, with the reveal that the serial killer was only responsible for a single death in the Kurosu family shown parallel to Natsuki (hopefully not) getting caught up in Tokiko's curse(?)
I really hope she doesn't die, though.

joined Oct 22, 2020

I don't think I've ever so desperately wanted to see a next chapter

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

You know, I could potentially see Natsuki surviving this, if only because this time Tokiko is actually doing something to try and save her, whereas before she has simply stood back and let it happen.

However, the author has already done a fake-out death for her once before and it could be seen as karmatic justice for Natsuki to die, as she's seemingly the only thing that Tokiko actually cares about and she murdered her father because he told her to prioritize her happiness over his own.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

You know, I could potentially see Natsuki surviving this, if only because this time Tokiko is actually doing something to try and save her, whereas before she has simply stood back and let it happen.

However, the author has already done a fake-out death for her once before and it could be seen as karmatic justice for Natsuki to die, as she's seemingly the only thing that Tokiko actually cares about and she murdered her father because he told her to prioritize her happiness over his own.

yeah my thoughts are the same in this aspect, the manga sure is a tragedy called walk to death so I fully expect now that we've entered the endgame that Natsuki is going to die and then Tokiko not having anything left to live for will die too in the last chapter.

last edited at Jun 11, 2022 8:11PM

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE HELL NO YOU DON'T GIVE AGGRESSIVE HAND HOLDING AND CONFESSIONS FOLLOWED BY BURY THE GAYS I WAS ROOTING FOR YOU AUTHOR WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU HOW DARE YOU

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

3 chapters at once, and that has to be where the mass release ends!? Please God no!

joined Aug 21, 2017

Holy moly, I didn't expect her to have actually killed somebody.

Also, does anybody know what the other manga is that they're referring to in the credits page?

The other work of the artist probably

That makes sense, thank you!

joined Aug 21, 2017

Me at the start of this series: Wouldn't it be sweet if Tokiko and Natsuki got closer?
Me at the latest chapter: Bruh

joined Mar 25, 2019

No

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I've had another thought as to what could happen, what if Natsuki survives this incident here, but as a result Tokiko withdraws from her to protect her from the curse and goes into hiding, which leads to Natsuki joining the Death Research Squad in the hopes of one day re-uniting with Tokiko?

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

Oh.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

AHAHAHAHA, really got us with that one. Damn... for like only a page I truly did start believing this was going to end happily.

Goodbye Natsuki for real this time, and now that Tokiko has nothing left. Let's see how this tragedy ends

last edited at Jun 12, 2022 7:24PM

joined Feb 8, 2020

maaan,i field like all the interest i had just disappear

To reply you must either login or sign up.