Forum › Walk to Death discussion

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

An upset!

joined Mar 25, 2019

So it was established that Tokiko's good at shiritori from way back then that's why Satsuki couldn't win.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Finding out Aoya's backstory actually shocked me. That panel of his sister with the cord wrapped around her neck, man. Absolutely brutal.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Tokiko tries John Wick method, but with her strength, I guess it would be more like John Weak :v

joined Jun 11, 2016

I don't think he's gonna comply though...

The way he keeps asking the "sister" to forgive him was weird as fuck. I think he plans on killing her last, since she's pure + someone who forgives him, so by killing him he'll be reborn or some shit.

Edit: forget to add this - Thank you very much for 2 chapters in a row, noighd!!

last edited at Jun 8, 2022 6:20AM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

let's go girlboss Tokiko, I wonder if she'll still be "pure" enough for him to want to kill and eat her now. After all murder does make one a monster and even if she only threatens that might be enough to no longer qualify as Aoya's final meal of redemption.

joined Jan 11, 2014

Tokiko and Natsuki's backstory is so cute

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

There's only one more volume left right? I'm really looking forward to how this ends.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

YAS TOKIKO SLAY THE CHILDREN

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

This is a lot more tightly written than a lot of other mystery series. The more you learn, the more things actually make sense. Contrast with something like Death Note, where it's more about seeing how much random bullshit the author can throw at you to keep you distracted (sorry to people who like that series, I loved it when I was younger but coming back to it makes you realize that it's really dumb)

joined Jan 11, 2014

I was actually completely convinced she didn't kill anyone in her family. I don't think she's talking about her nee-san either. This is really exciting.

joined Jun 5, 2018

I love myself a good badass protagonist. But Im quite sure the handle of the knife has no metal contacts...

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

We getting into endgame now, feels like. Tokiko's done taking shit xD

Narrow Escape
joined Jun 8, 2022

Another important facet here is that if you go with the theory that the curse or whatever has been causing the accidental deaths around her has an emotional trigger (whether negative in general or aimed at Tokiko), this is probably going to make Aoya vulnerable. Up until now he's been fairly detached from the whole business, it's a regrettable necessity from his perspective, but for all that he planned far ahead it still wasn't personal.

Now though? Even if he's just going through the motions with replacement little sister (which I doubt, whether or not he was going to kill her too at some point) she just stepped right onto what ought to be a major trauma button of his. I don't think he will be maintaining his calm.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

The part where she killed one of her own family member, I think this is the part the dead detective figured out right before dying

joined Jun 11, 2016

Not surprised that she killed someone before. I am surprised however at how quickly she set that up.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Ohhh nice!!! I for a moment thought she'd not kill anyone, then again she really shined being smart there! I wonder who she killed before! :D Favourite MC of this year for me, goooo Tokiko-san!!!!!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Tokiko really is girlbossing hard right now, get em girl, kill that asshole have some fun with it, I'm here for you.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I wonder if she's claiming responsibility for Takahito and Ayako's son Ayato's death. It's brought up in passing, but surprisingly, the Kurosus don't really mention it, so maybe there's more to the story.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/walk_to_death_ch02#11

Speaking of family, I'm curious as to why Tokimune was the one who adopted Tokiko, considering that Tokiko's about as old as her older siblings' children.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Oooo. Interesting!

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Okay, I know you can't really expect a psycho serial murderer to actually think rationally, but... His whole purification theory makes no sense at all? If murdering someone is what makes you a monster, how is murdering more people going to turn you back to a human? Like, his twisted idea of drinking "pure" blood would make some sense if, say, someone else procured the blood and offered it to him? But him killing more people in the process of purifying himself is self-contradictory.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Okay, I know you can't really expect a psycho serial murderer to actually think rationally, but... His whole purification theory makes no sense at all? If murdering someone is what makes you a monster, how is murdering more people going to turn you back to a human? Like, his twisted idea of drinking "pure" blood would make some sense if, say, someone else procured the blood and offered it to him? But him killing more people in the process of purifying himself is self-contradictory.

Nazi ufos.

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

An upset!

Tokiko! With the buzzer beater!

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Rip Tokiko’s dreams

joined Aug 21, 2017

Holy moly, I didn't expect her to have actually killed somebody.

Also, does anybody know what the other manga is that they're referring to in the credits page?

To reply you must either login or sign up.