Forum › Fuzoroi no Renri (Side Stories) discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

flowsthead posted:

I found this one a bit confusing to parse. Saori had a beloved? Did I forget something important? I know she was obsessed with her sister, but I didn't think she had dated anyone.

It's been stated in the main series that Saori is/was in love with her sister.

And Shizuku was in love with Minami.

Their relationship is based on "licking each other's wounds", because their love is unrequited (and will stay that way), but it looks like Shizuku moved on and found in Saori someone who wouldn't "abandon" her.

Now, it's Saori turn to accept it. She's the tsundere, so it may take some time.

All in all, I think these "side stories" are progressively resolving the pending couples of the main series. The gamer couple is done. Saori x Shizuku and Sugimoto x Kujou are on their way.

2%20-%20jmdagff
joined Aug 31, 2014

I love the bittersweet relationship between Shizuku and Saori, I really liked each chapter of them a lot but I didn't expect Shizuku to be the one to take the initiative.

night7894296
joined Apr 30, 2022

Now I am not sure what relationship Shizuku really want with Saori. This chapter makes me confused. The reason that Shizuku thought about why she started to avoid Saori is weird.

Shizuku thought she can never go back to that time, and she doesn't want Saori to become a "substitute." Does that mean Shizuku ever loved her Ex-girlfriend and couldn't get over it? But in Shizuku's memory, I don't think she ever loved her Ex-girlfriend before.

And now, for some reason Shizuku and her Ex-girlfriend have broken up. The story doesn't explain what happened in this process. But after that, Shizuku still loved Minami, not her Ex-girlfriend. In conclusion, I don't understand why Shizuku started to avoid Saori when she accidentally met her Ex-girlfriend.

night7894296
joined Apr 30, 2022

Besides, Saori showed up and tried to ask Shizuku the reason, Shizuku didn't want to tell her. After they had a fight, Saori talked about her feelings to her, but Shizuku thought Saori just want her to replace Iori.

So why Shizuku kissed her? Is it because she accepts to be a "substitute" ? Or she just want to mess up Saori's feelings ? For now, I am not even sure if Shizuku fell in love with Saori or not. It was uncharacteristic of Shizuku to do these things.

joined Jul 26, 2016

This may come as a shock but Shizuku isn't exactly the most functioning and emotionally stable teen around. The whole ex business has clearly rattled loose any amount of baggage and she's relapsing to her old prickly and closed-off mannerisms. She's probably extra prickly and defensive because Saori prying into her messy past like this is pretty much entirely unprecedented and likely something of a breach of an unspoken agreement.

Recall also that Shizuku has massive abandonment issues and is duly reflexively suspicious of the motives of anyone trying to get close to her. Hence why she gets in Saori's face over the latter's siscon issues and the knee-jerk worst-case assumption of being an emotional replacement - it rather echoes the way she tried to "test" her by attempting to scare her away the first time they actually talked face-to-face.

TL;DR the kid's a mess and a half and has deep-seated trust issues at the best of times.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

night7894296 posted:

Besides, Saori showed up and tried to ask Shizuku the reason, Shizuku didn't want to tell her. After they had a fight, Saori talked about her feelings to her, but Shizuku thought Saori just want her to replace Iori.

So why Shizuku kissed her? Is it because she accepts to be a "substitute" ? Or she just want to mess up Saori's feelings ? For now, I am not even sure if Shizuku fell in love with Saori or not. It was uncharacteristic of Shizuku to do these things.

Shizuku never loved the "Ex-girlfriend". She went along that woman's wants in order to forget about Minami (which she thought had abandoned her at the time, after leaving the institution), but it was a toxic relationship with no love. Shizuku has abandonment issues, it's clear from the beginning.

Shizuku thinks she doesn't deserve to be loved, because of her past (something like, her mother killed her father and made her bury him, before committing suicide?).

So, in my opinion, the kiss is both a clumsy attempt to convey her feelings to Saori (that she actually started to make her forget her feelings for Minami), but also to chase her away, because she thinks "someone like her" can only bring misfortune to Saori.

Shizuku is someone messed up and fragile at the same time, so she puts up a tough front as a survival mechanism. She's got a hard shell, but she's soft inside and craves for love and understanding.

night7894296
joined Apr 30, 2022

Umm...so what Shizuku said is actually she wants? In the end, Shizuku said "She didn't even hit me" because she know that right now Saori won't accept her feelings. So Shizuku kissed Saori is something like "That is my feelings. If you don't want it than go away, because you will only get hurt."

Then I think I get it. In a sense, Shizuku is testing Saori?

By the way, do you think Minami knows Shizuku ever loved her? I'm pretty sure that Iori doesn't know about Saori's feelings, but I'm not sure about Minami.

last edited at May 1, 2022 10:06AM

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Oh my god it finally fucking happened. I’m baffled.

joined Apr 28, 2022

I think this has gotta be in the top 10, if not Top 5 confessions in any media, absolutely incredible

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Uh. That felt so sudden lol just out of nowhere

I dunno, out of all the couples, they might be my least favorite? I still love these obviously, I have a soul.

SmokedSalmon
C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Shizuku is a true maiden.

joined Jul 26, 2016

How ~♡ R O M A N T I C ♡~ ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

I dunno, out of all the couples, they might be my least favorite?

Why though, Saori x Shizuku is the best couple in this series.

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

...those sisters are prone to violence but, OH MY GOD SHE FINALLY DID IT!!!

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

100% agree with you. They´re my favorites. So excited to see their relationship as a couple

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Ah yes, violence is so romantic...

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I dunno, out of all the couples, they might be my least favorite?

I mean I'm a Heke x Shinohara girl, myself. I think it's just a personal thing, overly violent to the point of barely making sense. Nothing wrong with liking different ships, right?

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

My disappointment is non-existent, and my day is lovely...

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Yes finally, I can't wait for the next chapter, thanks for translating.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Ah yes, why worry about permanently damaging your loved ones when you can just use violence.

still cute tho^^

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Wahhh pls no hit your partners

2%20-%20jmdagff
joined Aug 31, 2014

A warm confession from Saori, I already want to see another chapter of this couple <3

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

Romantic punch to the jaw >///<

LostCassilda
Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

"You two are idiots, have you ever tried just not having trauma?" Her logic is faulty, but at least she was direct

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

T/n: Saori directly uses the word for love 愛 (ai) and not the non-committal "suki" which is commonly translated a "like".

Ie, it's a clear declaration of love, not a declaration of like.

To reply you must either login or sign up.