Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

THE KILLER WAS A PURPLE MAN

GreenTeaWytch
joined May 18, 2021

Thought sooooooo

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Aoya sure spent an entire chapter setting up foreshadowing huh. Though I'd be surprised if he turns out to have actually been behind all of this from the very start considering he got roped into taking part by the detective. Also who the fuck takes their little sister to their murders come on man.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

THE KILLER WAS A PURPLE MAN

Is that the bite of 87 ?

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Aoya dragging his little sister everywhere is the most suspicious element of this manga.

Ahaha I guess it was more obvious than expected...

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

I wonder if Aoya killed Tokiko's parents and tried to pull off what he did with Ai on Tokiko, but failed.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Aoya sure spent an entire chapter setting up foreshadowing huh. Though I'd be surprised if he turns out to have actually been behind all of this from the very start considering he got roped into taking part by the detective. Also who the fuck takes their little sister to their murders come on man.

Well he was extremely sus from how he pressured Tokiko to come to the house alone, but him mentioning the kitchen pretty much cleared any doubt that he was up to no good. Tokiko mentioning that they "don't" know the layout and him mentioning the door were almost a bit too much.

Thing is, though, that many of the deaths around Tokiko were too clearly accidental for him to plan, so I don't think he's as much a mastermind as he thinks he is, and Tokiko is much harder to kill than he's accounting for. I mean she managed to survive her uncle stabbing her repeatedly, with him ending up dead instead... there's more to this story than just a flesh and bones killer.
I think there are indeed three interwoven elements to this. Aoya killed the Shirokis and Tokiko's teacher two years ago as well as Rina but he probably isn't responsible for the other 22 bodies. The other deaths of the Kurosu family, maybe going all the way back to Tokiko's biological parents (fate unknown), might be a case that's more attractive to Akiyama and the professor. The 22 bodies might be related to Tokiko's biological parents, who knows.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well, THAT was a thing. 0_o

Munch
joined Mar 23, 2021

I'm a little confused, so Aoya killed the schoolteacher and the shirokis, and "adopted" Ai 2 years ago? And recently he killed Rina. Saying he was going to kill Tokiko last implies he's killed more, but all the other deaths around Tokiko are incredibly convoluted and hard to pull off. Also does this mean the thing the dead detective worked out was that it was Aoya or something else?

last edited at May 30, 2022 5:42PM

joined May 26, 2022

I'm a little confused, so Aoya killed the schoolteacher and the shirokis, and "adopted" Ai 2 years ago? And recently he killed Rina. Saying he was going to kill Tokiko last implies he's killed more, but all the other deaths around Tokiko are incredibly convoluted and hard to pull off. Also does this mean the thing the dead detective worked out was that it was Aoya or something else?

Not every death is a murder.

20220104_023724
joined Feb 11, 2013

Don't tell me that's acid uf.

Yeah their whole relationship was weird from the beginning, having the little girl next to him while talking about gruesome deaths and she was totally unfazed by any of that.
Makes me wonder if they had a previous relationship before the murder of her parents bc why would he specifically chose them as his victims, sher coincidence i don't think so...

0884d44f-8c66-48fc-8728-dd89e1ed0842
joined May 27, 2022

Aoya was a character i liked and now I'm just..standing here.. I pick up on all his red flags AFTER he pulls this shit I am so. stupid. there were so many red flags I just did not pay attention to at all I SHOULD HAVE KNOWNNNN

last edited at May 31, 2022 12:22AM

LordMeganium
joined Dec 10, 2021

So, it doesn't loke like a dangerous fluid by itself (after several hours mostly any kind of poison or chemical diluted must have created detectable vapors) but the inside is dangerous (objects under the surface) and drowing on purpose it's still a probability. From Aoya being that persistent at midnight (the sister reduced the red flag made him look just too stupid instead) I was at mode -seriously bring a knife with you at least- but at the point of everybody reacting late just made me think if I'm the paranoid or everybody looks stupid against -living in a country who 2/3 times its law of the jungle- folk

joined Aug 21, 2017

That Natsuki bait was godly. I didn't suspect the reporter until he started locking doors in the house. If you're gonna go somewhere abandoned with a relative stranger, at least bring a way to defend yourself. Still enjoying this.

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

so the killer has some sort of gods luck that killed Tokiko's parents because most of those deaths are accidents the stairs one, the guy who slipped on a knife, the suicide and that falling car lol what's going on?v

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

well i sure hope tokiko's curse or whatever gets active right now so she can survive. also wtf who gets to investigate a murder scene where the murder could show up and doesn't bring a weapon to defend themselves but two kids?? oh yeah the actual murder

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

at least natsuki is alive, and i hope she stays like that till the end ç-ç

last edited at May 31, 2022 6:22PM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Nice cliffhanger! Can't wait to see how this develops!

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I’ve been trying not to comment on the art but, oof

joined Mar 25, 2019

Though I like the characters in Liar Satsuki more this one seems to have a more interesting mystery and protagonist. I also like how even though she's usually aloof, she can act silly and childish, it shows how her sociopathy(?) can manifest itself in different ways and she's not just the usual one note trope.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Hmmmmm, yeah I still don't believe Aoya was behind everything, like sure he might have been planning to kill Tokiko from the start fine, but there's no way even half of the deaths we've seen so far were murders he planned and commited. It feels to me like he's the red herring villain. He's not really the solution to the murder mystery but right now he's acting like he is.

joined Jun 11, 2016

seriously not expected him to be the killer at all. And then this chapter is just, weird. He said a monster shouldn't be allowed to live, tried to kill himself but then turned around and then killed Tokiko's teacher? Uhm, sorry but I do not follow that logic at all.

Also that lil sis is 0/10.

I’ve been trying not to comment on the art but, oof

lol yeah, it's still rough in many places. But by comparing this to Liar Satsuki, you can see that the author have improved a lot!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

So he saw young Tokiko, decided she was a monster, decided to postpone offing himself just to kill her? Humu humu. Gotta agree though that there is no way he could have pulled off all those deaths so far, so obviously there is more to this.

I know I'm stating the obvious but this guy screwed up in the head

last edited at Jun 3, 2022 12:48PM

Munch
joined Mar 23, 2021

Still a bit fuzzy on why he went after Tokiko and her friend. Surely he wouldn't be worried about witnesses if he was just going to kill himself so did he just see her and think, "that's a kid that needs to die"? It's not like he had seen her do anything particularly monstrous

last edited at Jun 3, 2022 1:44PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.