Forum › Walk to Death discussion

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Where's Battler (from Umineko) when you need him?

joined Aug 21, 2017

This shit is ridiculous, may I please have some more?

joined Feb 16, 2022

Where's Battler (from Umineko) when you need him?

Sorry to remind you but there ain't no battler anymore

Image_push%20(3)
joined Nov 2, 2019

Sheer madness. I love it.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Tokiko being childish and petty with Natsuki when they were younger is pretty nice. We never see Tokiko bothered by anything and seems to let others treat her however they want. It's fun to see how she acted with Natsuki back then

Also rip Nee-san :( she seemed like she was under so much pressure and responsibility to keep everything together. Seeing that Tokiko isn't bothered by losing everyone else, she likely concluded that she'd be okay without her, hence the little parting speech. That bummed me out ngl, and I dreaded that her death would be coming bc for once, Tokiko was looking forward to something. It's not expressed that way but relatively speaking, Tokiko cared about/liked Nee-san a great deal more than everyone else (excluding the father, she seems to respect him)

fluffy_heltia
joined Feb 17, 2022

It seems that anyone who has sufficient amount of ill will towards Tokio is killed. The older detective was killed when he started to suspect Tokio.

The Kurosu family were killed as they suspected Tokiko. It might be that the girl who fell out the window wished nothing bad to happen to Tokiko and began a curse with her death.

joined Jun 11, 2016

^ honestly that still doesn't sound right. How do you explain the dark figure who killed sensei back then? Even if Tokiko lied about the figure, why did sensei still get killed, since he was only looking for the girls?

Anw while I'm a bit happy that the annoying older detective is death, I'm a bit curious as what his theory was at that last moment.

Also now I'm honestly really annoyed at those cultist guys. But somehow I'm having a feeling that their theory might prove right in the end. If that happens, I will take back any good thing I've said about this series because that's seriously lame.

Oh btw, does anyone want to bet on who will live and die next? My gut feeling tells me that the sister of the reporter, the reporter, the younger detective and either the occult dude or the occult gal will die by the time the series end. Natsuki is 50/50. I also have a feeling that Tokiko will die too.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

This is SUCH a twisty series, tho. lol Good read.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

god it's so funny to have Tokiko do this entire speech about how two people can never truly come to understand each other and that pity for another is ultimately just pity for oneself, and have it be completely perfect countered when Ayoa just basically says "do you have any friends?"

also yes indeed Tokiko eyelashes are five out of five stars.

fluffy_heltia
joined Feb 17, 2022

^ honestly that still doesn't sound right. How do you explain the dark figure who killed sensei back then? Even if Tokiko lied about the figure, why did sensei still get killed, since he was only looking for the girls?

It looks like Tokiko's parents were killed and she ended up at the orphanage. It might be there are 2 curses at play: a curse to kill Tokiko and a curse to help her. The two curses result in the people around her dying.

It's weird that the curse is only super active now though. I wonder why.

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

Nee-san died I can't believe that Natsuki is on the death list. I hope she won't die.

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

I think the ending to chapter 16 is a little mean-spirited, so be sure to read 17 right after.
We're now halfway through the manga, and after 18 I'll be taking another break for Liar Satsuki.
It's going to be an interesting spot to pause.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

a poop fake out, huh
Natsuki almost got shidded on…

also, Aoya is either the murderer, or he’s gonna die next chapter

last edited at May 30, 2022 6:10AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

Eyelashes: * * * * *

dmitry106 Uploader
Subtext Only Translations
joined Nov 24, 2020

I think the ending to chapter 16 is a little mean-spirited, so be sure to read 17 right after.
We're now halfway through the manga, and after 18 I'll be taking another break for Liar Satsuki.

Thank you for doing both at once, I greatly appreciate it.

joined Aug 29, 2019

My, Natsuki and Tokiko have kinda entered subtext territory I guess.

51f904c379c04da9bb57683f48e645a5
joined May 3, 2020

Everyone after chapter 16 &17:

ngl

last edited at May 30, 2022 11:58AM

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

It looks like Tokiko's parents were killed and she ended up at the orphanage. It might be there are 2 curses at play: a curse to kill Tokiko and a curse to help her. The two curses result in the people around her dying.

It's weird that the curse is only super active now though. I wonder why.

I personally think the killer is her real father or real mother, Parents don't necesarilly have to die custody can be taken away from them.

Her real father was as far as I know only mentioned once in the flashback when her teacher was killed, at least I assumed she hadn't been adopted at this point.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I personally think the killer is her real father or real mother, Parents don't necesarilly have to die custody can be taken away from them.

Her real father was as far as I know only mentioned once in the flashback when her teacher was killed, at least I assumed she hadn't been adopted at this point.

Now that you mentioned it, I finally realized we never actually know what happened to Tokiko's parents... This is an interesting theory!

Thank you so much for doing both 16 & 17!! You've saved us all from dying from curiosity at the cliffhanger there!!
Thank you for doing Liar Satsuki too, but don't push yourself too much! Also I'm guessing chapter 18 will have another cliffhanger or something based on your comment?

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

damn I almost dropped this manga when they almost killed natsuki, don't do that.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Oh, that one bit scared me, damn it....

Bleach_chan
joined Jul 14, 2021

a poop fake out, huh
Natsuki almost got shidded on…

also, Aoya is either the murderer, or he’s gonna die next chapter

I hope so. Unless Aoya is trying to kill Tokiko right now, his actions seem insanely moronic to me. Also, I think imouto has to die first so someone can react to it - Tokiko certainly wouldn't give a shit.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Aoya dragging his little sister everywhere is the most suspicious element of this manga.

last edited at May 30, 2022 1:44PM

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

My, Natsuki and Tokiko have kinda entered subtext territory I guess.

Dream for the Future: To work as closely with Natsuki as possible.

Definitely in subtext territory now

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

THE KILLER WAS NANAKO

To reply you must either login or sign up.