Forum › Posts by Trexxe

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

My guess is none of her parents are vampires and she's the product of an afair or adopted.

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

I don't hate this series but I find myself comparing it to twin cake and up until now I personally think twin cake is superior.

Also the names quite stupid, when I saw the manager on the first page I thought she could be the model. Also she's called cute in the second chapter by a stylist yet this story is called the model & the plain manager just drop the plain or substitute it with normie, middleaged or something that has nothing to do with her apperance. My bad if the name's translation didn't work in english.

Trexxe
Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

^ honestly that still doesn't sound right. How do you explain the dark figure who killed sensei back then? Even if Tokiko lied about the figure, why did sensei still get killed, since he was only looking for the girls?

It looks like Tokiko's parents were killed and she ended up at the orphanage. It might be there are 2 curses at play: a curse to kill Tokiko and a curse to help her. The two curses result in the people around her dying.

It's weird that the curse is only super active now though. I wonder why.

I personally think the killer is her real father or real mother, Parents don't necesarilly have to die custody can be taken away from them.

Her real father was as far as I know only mentioned once in the flashback when her teacher was killed, at least I assumed she hadn't been adopted at this point.

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

The lets call it prototype was in my opinion more intressting than the actual version, two succubi falling in love with a possesive human would have been enough for a short but juiciy series.
In the acutal version it seems the author wanted to go the traditional route of two childhood friends falling in love and a traditional succubus being the bad guy. Now we have a human bad guy again and it's a prototype fuu girl, possesive as all hell and ready to use anything at her disposal so she can to get what she wants.
In my opinion the author wanted fuu to be the stereotypical nice childhoof friend so the possesive nature of her original character, which was well intergrated and belivable, was taken and made into a new character.
Now Fuu is less of caracter. Same for the new girl.

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

Shounen like time skip arc coming soon. The next time they'll see each other both will have improved their skill immensly.

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

That was a good ride.

Absolutely sad to see it go also the romance was a bit lacking but what to expect of a comedy series like that.
Still very enjoyable read would definitely recommend this one

Trexxe
Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

I have two problems with this series, I don't like either of the main characters and I don't have any idea why I should like them.

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

Happy very late birthday

Trexxe
Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

I really love absurd comedy (btw I myself always called it nonsense humor after watching nichijou, mainly because this description works in german as well). I watched and very much enjoyed stuff like nichijou, danshi kokosei no nichijou, pani poni dash. I even bougt the helvetica standard manga when I was in japan but this is nonsense humor I don't get, I never was that big with memes so thats obviously a part of that but I gave this a chance because I normally enjoy this genre so much. I read the manga when it was first uploaded on this site and I tried watching the anime both are in my opinon disappointing at least compared to also in my opinion way funnier crazy japanese comedies

Trexxe
Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

I have the time now so I started rereading all my favourite yuri manga on dynasty and this is the one I'm looking foward to the most of all the yuri manga I like this one the best. Mostly because it's good in every aspect I hope for while reading manga in general. The story is sweet and heartwarming, the characters are interesting and fun, the comedy is adequate (as in I enjoy it very much, but that might be a bias as I said I love this manga) and there's yuri as well.

Trexxe
Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

As I was rewatching random lucky star episodes today I immediately wanted to revisit this doujin again

In my opinon the best kono x kaga story out there at least of all I read so far

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

The main problem here is not the manga's structure, but people not getting said structure. If you go in with the assumption it will follow the "main pair" as the central driving plot you just misunderstand the point. Shiramine and Kurosawa are the framing device that holds the narrative together, but ultimately it is a story that follows relationships at the academy.

I'd argue that not being able to follow the plot is not because I'm stupid but it's because the author didn't even try to make it clear. If for example there was a clear pattern like one chapter of a volume about the main couple and the rest of the chapters are about the other main couples or if the chapters about the other main couples would be side chapters like in comprehensive tovarish.
This doesn't read like one plot this story reads like a compilation of short stories with an excuse to link them together.
Also because of the huge focus on side characters the allegedly main couple didn't get enough development in my opinion.

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

It's a cute manga and i'll probably keep reading but man this story feels like I've read it a thousand times already at least up to chapter 3.
the mermaid was most likely somebody who saved her while she was drowning, maybe a suicide attempt
the teacher might be a relative or the first person who was nice to the blonde girl you know basic stuff
hopefully this will surprise in some way or I'll forget about it in no time

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

feels good to finish this after all those years and in my opinion it was worth the wait although I'm sad it had to end early. Man this could have gone places, could have been one of my favorites of all time but the good but kind of week resolutions to the couples in the manga means it's not one of my all-time favorites but it's still a real cute and good shoujo ai manga

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

I'm very happy that there's a new chapter out for this but now I also want new chapters for the other manga I thought was abandoned like holy girls paradigm or comprehensive tovarish.

Thanks for the chapter though and please finish miniature garden cosmos I need closure.

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_kiss_and_a_white_lily_ch50#31

This picture sums up this manga perfectly. The main characters are in the middle which makes it seem that they might be the main focus of the story but if you look at the picture as a whole you notice that the side characters make up about 80-90 % of the drawing.

I don't despise this manga but keeping myself from dropping it after the story got sidetracked so hard that I midway through the manga forgot who the main characters of this story were was hard. I wouldn't mind if the story was about the school rather than shiramine and kurosawas relationship or if the sidestories were actual side chapters.

This manga really started of strong with two good leads and a not very unique but interesting enough setup for their relationship but it diluted into an utter mess of sideplots and sidestories that have little or nothing to do with the main story except the fact that they go to the same school.

Trexxe
Scape-God discussion 20 Aug 17:19
Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

I really liked the early chapters but the ending was weird as fuck. Also the blond former spy girl just vanished...

Trexxe
Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

No What the fuck am I reading? Tag? Because what the fuck did I just read?

Other "wtf am I reading" mangas do make a lot more sense than this

Trexxe
Yuri Family discussion 27 Jun 18:39
Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

I think it was Kuki, she admits it while the others think about whether they did it or not.

On page to she's the only one who is just embarassed and turns red.

last edited at Jun 27, 2017 6:42PM

Trexxe
Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

I have a quick question on the first page of the first chapter it says original work by Moonphase, manga by Fujieda Miyabi Fujieda and Minamoto Hisanari. Also it says its long awaited debut as a comic.
I thought this must mean it's a light novel adaptation so I looked around a little bit. On Baka-Updates it says that this manga is adapted from the Marble Color Chapter in Chatting in the Amber Teahouse but I don't think that matches up. The only other site that had a lot of intel about this series was wikipedia, but the article is only aviable in japanese and italian.
I don't want anybody to dig around for me but if somebody knows about the original work I would be delighted to hear about it.

Trexxe
Image Comments 09 Jan 15:09
Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016
[rex%20k]

Even the subtext is pretty weak in the manga, but the chapter with the kiss is as far as I know the last extra to appear and doesn't it kind of show that at some point even the author thought about a yuri ending :)

Trexxe
Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

It's kinda sad that the closest to romance we get are the last two pages in chapter 23.

Still a really cute and heartwarming manga.

Trexxe
Image Comments 22 Dec 19:09
Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016
Cy9cfxdxgaajuxl

Because nobody seems to have posted this yet but there is a profound reason to pick the girl. As far as I know pokemon eggs hatch a little faster if you pick the female character. As far as I know. Could also just be a myth or changed in the newer entries in the series.
A friend of mine he's really into breeding told me about this.

last edited at Dec 22, 2016 7:11PM

Trexxe
Prism discussion 18 Dec 01:05
Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

I still revisite the series from time to time because it's one of my favourites. The fact it got cancelled saddens me but what I really don't understand is why the didn't let him finish his story. It seems that it could have ended in one chapter without feeling to rushed. Personally I would prefer an ending to what we got. It isn't a bad place to stop but I would feel a bit more statisfied if there was one more chapter showing us what happened to them after highschool.

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

I love this series. It's original and there are a lot of possibilites to go from here.

It might turn to drama when she starts to lose her "amnesia personality". If she gets better the I she is now will be lost. But it doesn't have or need to. It's just a theory. A Yuri theory.

Given the author, I kinda doubt it. Remember, if the "I" she is now vanishes, she reverts back to being the loving girlfriend she was to start with so they're still happy.

You're probably right but i still think it's ingenious story telling.

Just the fact that the strory would be able to go into this direction just amazes me. Also we don't really know anything about they're live before except that the amnesia girl was the one to initate things.
Isn't it awesome that the author took a well-known plot and changed it into a lighthearted comedy. Yet still keeps the possibilities to turn the story into a drama at any given point, in a way it won't feel forced.
By the way ever thought about the possibility that the not amnesia girl falls in love with this other side of her girlfriend.

Yet again you're probably right, but I love to think of all the ways this story could develope. Still one of the strong points of this series is that it doesn't need to turn into drama. As long as the jokes are good and and the cuteness doesn't fade I will still enjoy this series even if it turns out I expected way to much from it.