Forum › First Love discussion

Kosuzu
joined Nov 11, 2014

I wasn't extraordinarily cute

How come whenever a manga says that, it's never reflected in the art? Just... Just look at page 6.

Homumug
joined Jan 13, 2015

Dawww~

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

gaw gaw.

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

Oh my . . . at that age I can only think of eat, play and sleep =__=

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Haha I was always the kid who was like "I don't wanna be the princess, I wanna be the bear!"

last edited at Jan 27, 2015 1:23PM

joined Nov 14, 2013

Poor Eri-chan! Such a mature little girl

joined Dec 4, 2013

^True that. Way more and more mature than me at that age. Lol. Speaking of Fujio, I miss her Under One Roof. Does anyone know if she continues this series?

joined Dec 5, 2014

^True that. Way more and more mature than me at that age. Lol. Speaking of Fujio, I miss her Under One Roof. Does anyone know if she continues this series?

She post on twitter : https://twitter.com/_fujio/status/555721306281238528/photo/1
She probably continues but she doesn't say when.

Anyway, this is a cute story. I hope she can find a true love.

joined Sep 9, 2013

Boy that girl is a natural born player

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

How come whenever a manga says that, it's never reflected in the art? Just... Just look at page 6.

Like Hanayamata

I'm pretty average in looks...

....Wat?

last edited at Jan 27, 2015 4:27PM

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

Haha I was always the kid who was like "I don't wanna be the princess, I wanna be the bear!"

Same here except I wanted to be a boy, because boys were cool as portrayed in old animes; also, I wanted to get rid of those stereotypes of girls, but ended up in a stereotype...tomboy.

joined Jul 8, 2013

That teacher was actually pretty horrible. Like seriously? Mistreats the child the entire year (even says she's not good enough to be a princess, like I get it was an accident, but SERIOUSLY!? You said that TO A LITTLE GIRL!?) and then manages to completely forget she's leaving and make her feel horrible...Like when the narrator was was talking about when the teacher said she really, really liked her, that "she may have even meant the opposite." Yeah, I agree. I think your teacher actually kinda hated you lol.
Damn tho...such a good little girl...the world needs more children like this one...

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Same here except I wanted to be a boy, because boys were cool as portrayed in old animes; also, I wanted to get rid of those stereotypes of girls, but ended up in a stereotype...tomboy.

I went the middle ground i never got involved in plays because i like my femininity but i also liked to be a sword wielding badass and since the only thing around at the time that seemed to say "women can be swordsmen and commanders too you know" was anime i just went home and watched anime :P

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

Some people are genuinely like that in real life, though. They think they're not cute but everyone else knows that they actually are.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

i wonder if this was semi-autobiographical? if so, it's kind of sad, but very very sweet. awww Fujio. Yay for a new Fujio release!

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

That teacher was actually pretty horrible. Like seriously? Mistreats the child the entire year (even says she's not good enough to be a princess, like I get it was an accident, but SERIOUSLY!? You said that TO A LITTLE GIRL!?) and then manages to completely forget she's leaving and make her feel horrible...Like when the narrator was was talking about when the teacher said she really, really liked her, that "she may have even meant the opposite." Yeah, I agree. I think your teacher actually kinda hated you lol.
Damn tho...such a good little girl...the world needs more children like this one...

I don't think "meant the opposite" was the main character saying that the teacher hated her. Rather, it's just that the main character realized that the teacher's tears and sadness were more a love for herself than a love for her students. For the teacher, her heart has always been with her own image and responsibility as a teacher. She would unknowingly break the dreams of her student just so that she could have an easier time teaching. She never had a place in her heart for the main character. The teacher's sadness was really from betraying herself, and not because she actually cared.

How the main character reacted was really admirable though. Love produces nice things.

76925bc27b36af156d0671bdda0b25dc65afa68f
joined Sep 5, 2011

I did not see it that way at all. Have you ever taught a class full of preschoolers? Or even sat in on one? That shit is hard. You find yourself racking your brain the entire day trying to make every kid happy and by the end you are completely spent. There is a moment when most forget about the last child when they are on to the next because each [child] has an individual thought process on how things should be. It's just like dealing with a mass of adults. If you have one that makes it impossible until they get their way and another that doesn't seem to mind compromise you are going to tend to lean on the nonconfrontational to fix the situation. And when she said "She may have even meant the opposite" I see it as that rush of emotion one gets when you are really happy but don;t quite know how sort it in you mind. Sort of like the ping pong effect: "Does she really lie me or is she just saying it because she's my teacher?" Honestly, if the teacher didn't give a flying whoop I doubt she would have showed up at the child's house late that night.

That's just me, though. I really did find this little piece to be cute. It reminded me as a kid (and now actually). I was always the one that wanted to make others happy before myself. :)

1924893_10202788342174381_69187846677337107_n
joined Dec 11, 2014

Is it just me or my browser or there's really some error with the pages? I can only see the same content on the page over and over again, after loading the next page.

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Dunno, I am reading from phone and have no problems... might be a browser thing

But, what's with that "be either a bear OR a princess " thing when you can be both? Gau gau

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

I don't think "meant the opposite" was the main character saying that the teacher hated her. Rather, it's just that the main character realized that the teacher's tears and sadness were more a love for herself than a love for her students. For the teacher, her heart has always been with her own image and responsibility as a teacher. She would unknowingly break the dreams of her student just so that she could have an easier time teaching. She never had a place in her heart for the main character. The teacher's sadness was really from betraying herself, and not because she actually cared.

How the main character reacted was really admirable though. Love produces nice things.

This is a great interpretation, I agree.

How old is the narrator, I wonder? She's awfully insightful - moreso than I would be, I think.

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

It's so cute but a little bit sad,maybe.

Swet3
joined Aug 26, 2015

Mc's consideration for her teacher kinda breaks my heart
Because even if it pained her, if she knew it would make Sensei smile, she would do it.

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

I thought that it was gonna be dramatic, but then that end was so adorable!
Gao~

joined Feb 15, 2013

Aww... Eri is such a precious little girl...

She already absorb waifu materials in since so young. Never be a princess? Don't worry, once you made to Highschool, everyone will head over heel for you

last edited at Aug 17, 2017 3:28AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.