joined Aug 21, 2017

This was pretty alright

joined Oct 11, 2021

Oh my....
This lil part in my life...
Is called happiness

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I'm pretty much certain the two examples of passionate sisterly relationships she gives at the beginning come from classic manga I've read long ago. Can't pinpoint the titles, tho.

Received_330739178846629
joined Jan 15, 2022

The happiness goes straight to my heart~ so cute~~

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Ah, that was cute. Really liked it.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

I uh still don't get what the sister school system means in most sister school yuris, can someone like explain

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

I uh still don't get what the sister school system means in most sister school yuris, can someone like explain

It just means to love someone deeply and have a bond. Most old school yuri use it as a way to let others know they're going out. I'm not sure how it started but I think it has to do with how some girls went to schools that were religious based? If anyone knows the exact history feel free to correct me.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

It just means to love someone deeply and have a bond. Most old school yuri use it as a way to let others know they're going out. I'm not sure how it started but I think it has to do with how some girls went to schools that were religious based? If anyone knows the exact history feel free to correct me.

You, dear reader, can find out this and more in Erica Friedman's new book on yuri By Your Side.

The overview is that they're motifs from some fiction genre in the early 1900s that were picked up again by yuri in the '90s. Or something along those lines.

last edited at May 8, 2022 11:06AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Rekan1 posted:

At this point, it's a trope. It's so corny that it went full circle and became cool again.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Rekan1 posted:

At this point, it's a trope. It's so corny that it went full circle and became cool again.

Right, Catholic schools in Japan for rich girls was a thing, evidently with an emphasis on deportment and "good morals" as opposed to specifically religious doctrine. Apparently such schools were popular with Japanese families who aspired for their children to eventually go abroad and with foreign families in Japan.

The "sisters" thing I believe is entirely a fictional trope.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

The sisters thing was Marimite's fault. SMH. Yuri works prior to Marimite did not use this trope. In fact, most yuri works AFTER Marimite avoided this trope, you can probably count the soeur system usage in early Yuri Hime on one hand.
Reason being it loves to lean into Class S/ephemerality for no good reason. Yuri is Forbidden to a Yuri Otaku intrigues me because the main couple isn't going to have a soeur relationship to contrast with the main character's weird obsession.

last edited at May 8, 2022 12:39PM

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

Class S? Too bad the design is real cute. How can I evolve it into SSS class with a real kiss? No can't do? Oh well.

CreamyDesk19
Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Sweet ^^

joined Apr 29, 2021

Simple but gold cheers!

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Double-barrel buckshot to the kokoro!

To reply you must either login or sign up.