Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Known lesbian appreciator turns out to be a lesbian. News at eleven.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

I am rooting for Fuyu and Aoi.

You ship Watanabe with Fujiyama??

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

Every path leads to yuri

joined Jun 8, 2020

IT IS, HOLY YURI

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

See??? I knew it. You just have to be patient, jeez. What fun is a story where everything is perfect immediately? The fun is in watching the character grow, which Watanabe did in spades this time around. I guarantee it wouldn't have been nearly as heartwarming if she'd just immediately gone from yuri otaku to perfect Mary Sue. Good stories show characters growing as people- just because they take a grand total of eight chapters to get there doesn't mean the main character deserves to be relentlessly bagged on for being flawed. It's no fun if everything starts out perfect/all the protagonists are paradigms of humanity. Nobody wants to read that.

Shrugs

As long as I find it amusing enough I don't care either way.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A sudden realization. :D

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

Watanabe finally finds out that shes become part of the yuri cult.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

we are yuri, yuri is within us, inside us, yuri is us

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

No wonder she didn’t want to be yuri with anyone, she’d simply die when it happens lmao

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

See??? I knew it. You just have to be patient, jeez. What fun is a story where everything is perfect immediately? The fun is in watching the character grow, which Watanabe did in spades this time around. I guarantee it wouldn't have been nearly as heartwarming if she'd just immediately gone from yuri otaku to perfect Mary Sue. Good stories show characters growing as people- just because they take a grand total of eight chapters to get there doesn't mean the main character deserves to be relentlessly bagged on for being flawed. It's no fun if everything starts out perfect/all the protagonists are paradigms of humanity. Nobody wants to read that.

Shrugs

As long as I find it amusing enough I don't care either way.

I'm the same way- I was referring to those who commented solely to bag on the main character. It just bugs me when people think in black and white (i.e. Watanabe is either ALL good or ALL bad- i.e. hating her purely on the basis that she's oblivious to Yoshioka because she thinks differently than most people). There were so many comments that existed solely to bash the main character, and it just annoyed me that people had so little patience when it was obvious this would be a character growth manga.

I'll admit I definitely got too worked up over something pretty insignificant, but it's just that I've been telling people all along to be patient, and that the growth is what makes the story great. It was just frustrating, that's all. It might also have to do with the fact that some of the ways Watanabe thinks remind me of myself growing up with undiagnosed autism. People just assume you mean the worst when your brain just works differently.

But that's too deep for a fluffy yuri manga- I'm just glad to have another update, especially now that it's getting into the good stuff (not just those two, but also finally getting some real yuri vibes between the friend and her onee-sama!).

last edited at Apr 8, 2022 11:37AM

Ember%20deal%20with%20it
joined Jan 30, 2013

What if the real yuri was the friends we made along the way?

joined Jul 26, 2016

the SUPER friends

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

How can yuri be real if our onee-samas aren’t real

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Finally

Thumbnail_5a23d300cc738989a894c6273ef293a6
joined Jul 8, 2017

I'm fully enjoying this series, it's really good

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Only took 8 chapters to go from "I'm not a yuri" to "ok maybe I am a yuri"

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

WE HAVE SELF REALIZATION

943cce4f712f471e75140ebf05d6011f
joined Feb 9, 2021

What if the real yuri was the roommates we made along the way?

wanderin_weeb
joined Mar 25, 2021

lmao

Img_20190914_203449_543
joined Apr 14, 2020

LESGOOOOOOOOO SUPER FRIEND ALL THE WAYY

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

get married already, gyaru x plain girl is one of my fav yuri tropes

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

This manga is real fun. Kinda similar to yuri danshi, but it's fail to impress me because the MC is a boy. So weird.

Now I hope she really became YURI asap.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Yoshioka is such a nice girl, always caring about other people and trying to help. Watanabe better never make her sad XP

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Do not resist, embrace the Yuri

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Okay yup, she's definitely getting Yuri'd

It's okay, embrace it!

To reply you must either login or sign up.