Forum › Long-Awaited Feelings discussion

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I do like that it's Ji Youyan who broke up with Jing Xiu and not the other way around because that means she needs to win her trust back rather than her heart, and it also makes it a lot easier to see why Jing Xiu would even want to go back to this relationship.

Jing Xiu's not the one who ended it the first time and presumably given a good enough reason to trust Ji Youyan she'll want to return to it, but of course her trust needs to be won back first because nobody wants a broken heart and there's no way Jing Xiu is going to want a broken heart twice.

I think that dynamic actually makes the story way more interesting, it seems like Ji Youyan did majorly mess up her life before traveling back in time, we can see in the very first chapter how she wakes up in tears, so she seems to be aware of having done bad and the reckless behaviour leading to her death was probably motivated by this.

Having her reincarnated at a point in time where she can't undo her past mistakes (i.e. not breaking up), but where she still is in a position to try and fix them and avoid both of them crashing and burning is perfect for dramatic tension. I also think that the dynamic of having to regain the Jing Xiu's trust and seriously addressing her mistakes of the past is refreshing.

yeah yeah yeah, it's also notable that she originally died of alcohol poisoning and the like, and that when she returned back to the past she immediately quit working with her agency and moved to another, then also talking a little about how that agency was basically shelving her leaving her to wallow with nothing to do. It really does seem like Ji Youyan used to be in a very bad place both from a working perspective and mentally considering she drank herself to death.

And with her returning to the halfway point between her breaking up with Jing Xiu and dying she's immediately pulled herself out of the rut that would have otherwise continued until her death three years later.

last edited at Mar 15, 2022 8:52AM

F7e7c9f162ec42798aef981ac8f87a64
joined Sep 23, 2017

She spent 3 years hung on her ex then died and reincarnated, so first thing on her mind was to get her ex back fuck no BRUH GET UP

If you don't like it, u can leave without putting a comment lmao

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Every time I see the cover art, I always stop and appreciate it. The artwork in this is amazing! Fashion choices are on point too.

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

I'm really liking this series. The art is awesome and the plot has hooked me. I hope our girls undoes her mistakes and gets her girlfriend back!

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I like this series and am quite interested to see how the plot will develop, but it could really do with a bit more plot per chapter

joined May 1, 2013

...huh. The assistant seemed really concerned about her not drinking too much. Could she somehow be aware of the resurrection and alternate history?

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

...huh. The assistant seemed really concerned about her not drinking too much. Could she somehow be aware of the resurrection and alternate history?

I mean, she probably already had a drinking problem long before it killed her. Can’t imagine an assistant who’s worked for her for years wouldn’t know about it.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

No, more about the fact that these types of dinners where drinking is involved can be dangerous, at least as far as what I've read in mangas and LNs. There's a few tropes in play;
1. Women can't typically hold their alcohol - which considering the expected body weight of female actresses probably isn't too far off the mark considering the next point.
2. Men/producers/investors will force drinks onto the women/actresses that they can't refuse because it would be "rude" to decline a drink from someone of higher standing. Take in 5-6 drinks within a short time period and most people would be feeling it. So unless you have the backing or ability to refuse the drinks, they can add up.
3. While it is a dinner, it could be unsightly if you are seen eating too much (to help combat the effects of the alcohol) so you eat lighter foods and generally snack.

Combine all of these and you have a recipe for disaster and potentially career ruining events. You could pass out during the dinner, you could get taken advantage of while intoxicated, your image in front of these influential people could be tarnished, you could be forced into a compromising situation or maybe all of the above. Hence why the assistant is worried.

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

I think this series has my favourite art of anything else I'm reading right now.

I know that Ji Youyan died of alcohol poisoning in her previous life, but judging by Jing Xiu's reaction, I wonder if Youyan went pretty hard on the booze during their relationship too. Jing is clearly pretty angry when Youyan starts drinking at the party and disapproves heavily.

I love that assistant, she knows what's up and kinda seems there for it?

last edited at Apr 12, 2022 9:49AM

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

^It does indeed seem like Jing Xiu is a little bit triggered by some behaviour from before, maybe Ji Youyan wasn't only drinking, but also did not really express her actual thoughts and feelings well, which might cause Jing Xiu to make that "businesslike" comment.
The fact that she went to seek out her Ji is interesting though and I believe the assistant has an idea that there might be lingering feelings from Jing Xiu's side and sort of supports them sorting out their differences?

joined May 1, 2013

^It does indeed seem like Jing Xiu is a little bit triggered by some behaviour from before, maybe Ji Youyan wasn't only drinking, but also did not really express her actual thoughts and feelings well, which might cause Jing Xiu to make that "businesslike" comment.

I think that buisinesslike comment might reference her being too accommodating and caring too much about what others think. Jing Xiu finds a way to block the alcohol from the start. She's very smooth about it, but it might be potentially a little annoying to the director. Ji Youyan doesn't even try.

It makes sense she's pointing out flaws directly related to the break-up. She's overly focused on her reputation within the industry, and she also doesn't take care of herself.

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

im so confused by chapter 1. who was jing xiu asking "what happened to ji youyan"

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/long_awaited_feelings_ch01#6

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

im so confused by chapter 1. who was jing xiu asking "what happened to ji youyan"

Best guess would be her assistant, but could just be someone at the wedding, since she’s still in her bridal dress.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

That scene is good, really good. Very well-written. This is how it plays:

• Jing Xiu is getting married to some dick.
  • Ji Youyan arrives to stop the wedding, à la The Graduate!
  • Ji Youyan walks down the aisle and yells that she objects to the marriage!
  • Everyone starts whispering: "What!? Ji Youyan!? No way! This is crazy! How could she?"
  • Jing Xiu slowly turns around and makes a shocked face: "Ji Youyan?"
  • Jing Xiu slaps away the hand of her groom and walks towards Ji Youyan. Ji Youyan is thrilled as she thinks that Jing Xiu will run away with her, like Elaine with Benjamin!
  • Then, bam, surprise: Jing Xiu walks through Ji Youyan as if she was made of thin air! She goes to one of the guests and asks: "What was that about Ji Youyan?"
  • The trembling guest, cellphone in hand, shows her the latest news: Ji Youyan... has just died.

It's only then that we realize that the Ji Youyan who tried to crash the wedding is a ghost, and Jing Xiu never saw her or heard her voice. Everything she did was in reaction to the whispers of the crowd, who in turn were making a fuss over the news of Ji Youyan's death that they were reading on their phones.

joined Apr 6, 2019

The scanlation to Spanish (under the name "Mis Sentimientos Pueden Esperar") is at 15 chapters already. Read here:

https://lectortmo.com/library/manhua/67183/mis-sentimientos-pueden-esperar

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I just finished reading the LN. I was having a hard time understanding some of its part due to the translation but it's bearable. I have felt so much emotion. I love it. I can't wait for this adaptation. Still a long way but surely worth the wait. They're like similar to Chikane and Himeko, in a sense that they will always find each other in any timeline. I'm always a sucker for such thing like loving one person over and over again. Axui and Yanyan are added to my top couple. They both deserve all the happiness the world has to offer.

last edited at Apr 24, 2022 7:44AM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I like this series and am quite interested to see how the plot will develop, but it could really do with a bit more plot per chapter

I feel the same way, this one might be a good one to binge later on, but while I'm enjoying it and the art is great, it does feel like too few things happen in each chapter.

last edited at Apr 26, 2022 1:00AM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I feel the same way, this one might be a good one to binge later on, but while I'm enjoying it and the art is great, it does feel like too few things happen in each chapter.

Agreed. I’ve read up to chapter 12 of the translated LN and this really feels more like a companion than it’s own work. But the art is fantastic. Really well done.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

She seems pretty young to have died of alcohol abuse.
What was she drinking? Metho?

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

She seems pretty young to have died of alcohol abuse.
What was she drinking? Metho?

it says alcohol poisoning, so i'm guessing it was acute toxicity rather than long term abuse

last edited at Apr 28, 2022 6:01AM

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

It's nice that Jing Xiu threw Ji Youyan a bone and helped her out with the pushy director.

I agree that there's not much story per chapter, and it would probably be a great manhua to binge later...but I can't help myself :D

last edited at Apr 28, 2022 6:00AM

joined Mar 20, 2012

The scanlation to Spanish (under the name "Mis Sentimientos Pueden Esperar") is at 15 chapters already. Read here:

https://lectortmo.com/library/manhua/67183/mis-sentimientos-pueden-esperar

Thank you! More chapters to enjoy.

LittleWhiteHerz
Kohanenomintense2
joined Jul 21, 2020

Wish they would put more story per chapter, because at this pace this will go very slowly lol

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Cute chapter! Hope we continue to get to see more of their idol work and time together then.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

For those who can't wait for more, remember that this manga has already been translated up to chapter 20 in Spanish.

Link at the end of this page:

https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/15867-manga-in-spanish-mangas-en-espanol?page=18

(Well, make that: for those who can't wait for more AND can read Spanish! :-D )

To reply you must either login or sign up.