Forum › Anime season

joined Jan 6, 2017

I never got through chapter one because I was bored. Maybe the anime will change things since no reading...

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Odd, I also didn’t get past the first chapter. Could also have been that there wasn’t much translated so I didn’t want to get in to it yet. Well I’m looking forward to it.

Hopefully it has a good studio that’ll give it a good representation. Probably asking too much for Clover Works to work on it, but I can hope after what they did with Akebi and Dress-Up.

Just hope it isn’t KyoAni. Don’t have anything against their work, but I’ve seen too many posts about not watching their works in fear of Yuri bait.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Oooohhh I'm actually super hype about this!! I've been keeping up to date with this series and I like it a lot. It actually has what could be read as some great a-spec rep here, as well as lots about masking that resonates with me about autism. The whole class S parody shtick is hit or miss much i personally find it very entertaining xD

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-03-29/gundam-the-witch-from-mercury-anime-reveals-franchise-1st-female-hero-in-main-series/.184145

Mobile Suit Gundam getting its first female protag! I'm ready! (Probably not going to be Yuri, but it's a start)

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

'Birdie Wing - Golf Girls' Story' seems to follow the classic formula for over-the-top sports anime, with 14-year-old girls who use impossibly superpowered techniques to play crazy games of golf and then bond through rivalry; the mcs are a mercenary street golfer (haha it's that a thing??) who plays for money in the dark golfing underground (again it's that even a thing???) and a über-ojousama who is unbeatable in top-flight tournaments because she has the blood of two long lines of golfing champions coursing through her veins.
The street golfer girl already has two women and a gaggle of children to provide for (and she's 14, tough life) but it's a given that the ojousama will be her otp because the usual reasons of sports anime: they understand each other and can get close to each other through their golf at a level impossible to reach for other people.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That sounds exciting to be honest hahaha but it's good to come prepared and not take it seriously.... For better or worse, normal sports has a really hard time so they either mix some idol stuff or super powers to survive.

I still can't deal with the fact that Pocha climb was axed and that other edgy climbing manga with the obnoxious team mate who was doing everything in her power to kick everyone who tried to join the club, got an anime!!! like What the hell lol

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Mobile Suit Gundam getting its first female protag! I'm ready! (Probably not going to be Yuri, but it's a start)

I mean, we already had IBO end with a yuri couple...

I still can't deal with the fact that Pocha climb was axed and that other edgy climbing manga with the obnoxious team mate who was doing everything in her power to kick everyone who tried to join the club, got an anime!!! like What the hell lol

Different magazines with different audiences

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I mean, we already had IBO end with a yuri couple...

I guess?? It was announced after the show had ended at a promotional event (I had to go look this up because this is the first I’d heard about it). Atra and Kudelia were more Mikazuki’s wives and close friends to each other. Not saying they didn’t grow closer but it isn’t shown. Well, at least it opens the door for future characters.

last edited at Apr 17, 2022 11:19PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Liella (love live) is gonna have new girls....... hmmm I don't know how I feel about that, I really like the Red & Blue, they even seen to be friends (couple hehehe) already but the other two? yikes!!! and that's on top of ruining the 5 unit who worked immensely well, this will basically carry all the problems from previous love live works now, is it worth it?

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Yeah... I like the 5 group set up a Lot more, I'll still give it a chance but this news did lower My exciment for season 2...

last edited at Apr 27, 2022 3:37PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

I can think of scenarios where this could work, but I would definitely rather have season 2 focus on the less explored relationships of the og 5 (things like KanoSumi and ChisaKeke). I haven't even finished season 1 yet and now I have even less interest in doing that...

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I can think of scenarios where this could work, but I would definitely rather have season 2 focus on the less explored relationships of the og 5 (things like KanoSumi and ChisaKeke). I haven't even finished season 1 yet and now I have even less interest in doing that...

yeah, like the one bright spot about more members, is that the OG 5 may get moments like the third years ot the first groups got at the end of the second seasons/movies, which are stuff I really liked, also I think this may increase the chances of superstar getting 3 seasons instead of 2.

That being said, I still really wish they had stuck with 5 members and keep developing those 5 and all the posible relationships between them... I've also started watching more stuff with the seiyuu of Liella and I really like the vibe they already have as a team of 5, who knows how that'll change with 9 of them now...

also some people seem to have the teory that a possible season 3 may introduc 3 more characters (one girl for each constellation) and at that point I am really terrified ^^;;;

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Hm. Hanada seems to have a cap of seven on characters he's able to focus on in any given work, so I expect we'll see a couple of the original girls shoved in the background. Probably Ren and Chisato

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Love Live tries to not shove a huge cast of characters out of nowhere challenge (impossible)

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Hm. Hanada seems to have a cap of seven on characters he's able to focus on in any given work, so I expect we'll see a couple of the original girls shoved in the background. Probably Ren and Chisato

oh no, if that were to happen to Sumire that may end me, I am already at my limit with how little Setsuna shows up in Niji S2 so far...

And also poor Ren if that were to happen to her, she already had the short end of the star last season, and I was hoping she would get more focus this one

last edited at Apr 27, 2022 6:36PM

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

I'm a little sad Executioner's Way of Life ep.3 didn't adapt the scene where Menou figuratively forces herself into the Red Knight to get to the core, would've been neat to see those visuals animated.

Also is it just me or did Menou and Akari seem way more affectionate in the manga? The way they sat on top of the train at the end of the respective chapter was really cute but they changed that in the anime too :thinking_face:

tbh I really like it so far but I haven't read the manga. I want to wait for season 1 to wrap up before I read it. like no explicit yuri between the main 2 just yet but I can tell it's coming. I also like the trope of the senpai and kouhai thing between menou and the pink haired girl. ugh the gay flow through me too strong for this one. love a yuri isekai

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

I'm a little sad Executioner's Way of Life ep.3 didn't adapt the scene where Menou figuratively forces herself into the Red Knight to get to the core, would've been neat to see those visuals animated.

Also is it just me or did Menou and Akari seem way more affectionate in the manga? The way they sat on top of the train at the end of the respective chapter was really cute but they changed that in the anime too :thinking_face:

tbh I really like it so far but I haven't read the manga. I want to wait for season 1 to wrap up before I read it. like no explicit yuri between the main 2 just yet but I can tell it's coming. I also like the trope of the senpai and kouhai thing between menou and the pink haired girl. ugh the gay flow through me too strong for this one. love a yuri isekai

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Look what I found! a wild independent short yuri anime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNaDTHfQBbw their budget doesn't seem to be big but it's pretty good!! and we get some "modern" settings too... I'm actually surprised, one small detail... there's no subtitles! after all it's not a big project... Hopefully we get to see more chapters (the second is in the work)! they might take a while, they're short with staff.

One criticism which comes from the "modern" thing they all wear masks, and that's fine until there are 4 girls speaking! you don't know who's really talking.

Share the video with your friends and family hahaha actually don't it's a biiiiiiit spicy

Speaking of independent projects, I'm sure I got blessed with that recommendation thanks to this project https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqkBh2iStonPM7KB2OnYSw short yuri stories, fully colored and voiced, really good! Not quite anime but way more than just a manga, perfect for yuri desert and they need support to get popular and make more

last edited at May 24, 2022 6:31PM

joined Dec 13, 2020

Look what I found! a wild independent short yuri anime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNaDTHfQBbw their budget doesn't seem to be big but it's pretty good!! and we get some "modern" settings too... I'm actually surprised, one small detail... there's no subtitles! after all it's not a big project... Hopefully we get to see more chapters (the second is in the work)! they might take a while, they're short with staff.

One criticism which comes from the "modern" thing they all wear masks, and that's fine until there are 4 girls speaking! you don't know who's really talking.

Share the video with your friends and family hahaha actually don't it's a biiiiiiit spicy

I know what you mean by spicy... that hand between the legs shocked me too, lol. Even without subtitles most of it can be easily understood. Only one thing confused me: the ending. The meganekko seemed to be talking about her friend's ecchi dream, but it couldn't be that. What was going on, why was the mc so surprised?

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Speaking of independent projects, I'm sure I got blessed with that recommendation thanks to this project https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqkBh2iStonPM7KB2OnYSw short yuri stories, fully colored and voiced, really good! Not quite anime but way more than just a manga, perfect for yuri desert and they need support to get popular and make more

Thanks for the recs! I’ve watched most of the season for the Yuri shorts and I like how diverse the plots are. Very well done for what appears to be a small group. Oh and they thanked the influx of international viewers in the comments of one of their newer videos which was nice to see.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

So kewt. So wholesome. Thank you for the link!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Glad you like it!!
I found a new trailer for an anime of magic school with full girls (hopefully they won't come out with a single male teacher in all the school later) https://youtu.be/_i0HQlQioHM looks super cute

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Glad you like it!!
I found a new trailer for an anime of magic school with full girls (hopefully they won't come out with a single male teacher in all the school later) https://youtu.be/_i0HQlQioHM looks super cute

Interesting....looks to be a mobile game tie-in anime. Will also be getting a manga release over the summer as well.

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I subscribed to the yuri anime channel. Every little bit helps, right?

Regarding the independent projects, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX7IAb52he2n0snA5-azT1Q this channel does something similar to the Yurigama-sama shorts but unfortunately they don't have the english subs. But they have a long list of videos up already.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This is great, the more channels I get like this, more chances to get some hidden gems in the future

To reply you must either login or sign up.