Forum › Yuri Danshi discussion

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Yes there was drama and some romance did develop aka love triangle. It's a pretty great series all things considered

Considering how much MC loves yuri, he might try to ship his gf or lover to another girl. LMAO!

Would love to see that XD

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

It's dead. Yuri Hime pretty much canceled it after people started complaining that there was not yuri, just het.
The author even made a post on twitter complaining that it would have a yuri end, but he was still getting there. Even though he had 6 volumes for that. Can't even blame the readers for complaining.

I think that if it was like you said, it's normal. Maybe was more fail of the publisher that the author per se but 25 chapters is time enought to turn the story into yuri even with a men for MC.
PD: it's funny see that the serie ended at may 2014 and see this review made two months before in My anime list x'D this review

last edited at Mar 13, 2017 10:29PM

joined May 9, 2016

Anyway, it goes without saying that this is not itself yuri, however it is valuable reading as a meta-commentary on the industry. For us in the West, insight into the background workings of yuri as a commercial endeavor is very lacking, and I'm always grateful for anything that can shed more light on that aspect of yuri's production and trends. Thank you True Love Scanlations for continuing to work on this.

This.
Can someone elaborate on why exactly this series was dropped by scanlators?

%e6%90%9c%e7%8b%97%e6%88%aa%e5%9b%be15%e5%b9%b403%e6%9c%8821%e6%97%a51819_1_meitu_1_meitu_1_meitu_1
joined Nov 15, 2014

Anyway, it goes without saying that this is not itself yuri, however it is valuable reading as a meta-commentary on the industry. For us in the West, insight into the background workings of yuri as a commercial endeavor is very lacking, and I'm always grateful for anything that can shed more light on that aspect of yuri's production and trends. Thank you True Love Scanlations for continuing to work on this.

This.
Can someone elaborate on why exactly this series was dropped by scanlators?

I guess the amount of text can be one of the reasons.

joined Mar 3, 2017

The Sakamoto of Yuri.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This is yuri chuunibyou, basically. I agree it's too bad it ended early, but it was always pretty bold and conceptual.

joined Feb 27, 2017

Okay, yeah, this dude is creepy as hell. What's more a, Turkish harem is nothing like the kind off harem there is in anime. That is something completely different.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Actually thought this was a fun read, as long as it didn't roll into het territory. Hope someone picks it back up someday.

indexoutofbounds
48462207_p0_master1200%20michairu%20yuuki%20yuuna%20togo%20kiss%20cropped%20avatar%20small
joined Nov 16, 2017

They are all too narrow-minded in their viewpoint, but if I had to choose, Yutaka had the best attitude. Interested in yuri from a female viewpoint, to more deeply understand female/female attraction from that perspective, but also aware of the important role that sexuality plays in romance and disdainful of the notions of "purity" that continue to haunt the genre. However, there is also nothing wrong with unrealistic wish-fulfillment fantasy, which many female consumers also enjoy. Not everything has to be a soulful, tasteful examination of same-sex romance. The key is balance and breadth of content in the genre as a whole.

you get a thumbs up

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_danshi_ch03#33

"If you wear skirts, you're a girl".
Scotland begs to differ.

joined May 25, 2020

it would have been easier if i was a woman .... ahhhh , now i am sad

joined Aug 31, 2020

AHHH SO I NEVER ONCE FORGOT ABOUT THIS WHEN I FIRST READ THE FIRST 2 CHAPTERS BACK IN HIGH SCHOOL AND I FINALLY FIND IT AGAIN AFTER 5 YEARS HOPING ITS COMPLETE AND IT'S BEEN DROPPED?! My heart can't take no more, been broke too many times before v_v

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Lmao

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Oh man, I was looking for this. 2021, but still the most meta of all yuri (non yuri?) series

joined Jan 16, 2016

there appear to be chinese scanlations that go up to chapter 21. plz anyone continue scanlating to english

joined Jun 3, 2021

This is good. Why this didn't get anime adaptation

joined Sep 19, 2020

I wish I never read it.

Not because it is bad. Though it does lacking, and the, the MC is a creep sometimes.

But because the comment section and meta level. Erika Friedman calls all yuri male fans "losers"? Some sorry lesbian on the internet wants all the guy authors to quit and is enraged because yuri is not always match with her very specific expectations? What kind of shit is this? Why all this hate?

If you are not doing any stupid stuff, like shipping people irl, or stalking (which is creepy regardless of "genre"). Or enforcing your rules upon how everyone must behave. Than what s the fucking problem?

If you are not 2d, congrats, you already have the right to enjoy the genre.

It doesn't represent a real life reletionship? Okay. Why must it? Every fiction, even if the author on purpose tries to make it feel real or translate their experience, is already distorted by their perception. Therefore every fiction is somewhat idealistic, even if it is twisted.

( Not to mention real life itself is a pile of blury rules that tend to break depending on the circumstances)

Argh, so irritating.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

OurDespair posted:

I wish I never read it.

Not because it is bad. Though it does lacking, and the, the MC is a creep sometimes.

But because the comment section and meta level. Erika Friedman calls all yuri male fans "losers"? Some sorry lesbian on the internet wants all the guy authors to quit and is enraged because yuri is not always match with her very specific expectations? What kind of shit is this? Why all this hate?

It's a really old thread so I don't have much to say but I did wanna say this. You will find very few folks interested in standing up for Ms. Friedman, but she has (sort've) reneged on her previous comments and no longer refers to male yuri fans that way. In any case, best to ignore disrespectful folks who clearly have no idea what they're talking about. (maybe it's too easy for me to say since I'm not a dude tho)

joined Nov 6, 2021

This is the eggiest shit I have ever read.

from the manga:

...Well, it's not as though I cannot understand the desire to become a girl and perform various acts of yuri.
It is something that everyone must grapple with at some point.

No, hun. These desires are not common.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Erica Freidman decided early on that "loser fanboy" was a good translation of "otaku," and she went with that thereafter. I don't disagree, mostly. Obviously, Shinozaki Akina isn't a loser or a fan-BOY, but I feel like she'd translate that into English as something like what Erica Friedman did when referring to her brother and his friends. I never read it as a value judgment by her OF "otaku" but rather that she was pointing out the connotations. In Japan it's gone up and down. When I lived there, no one would have blinked an eye about translating it that way. I wouldn't have dreamed of being some sort of proud otaku - I went the other way and did sports and studying and avoided manga and the only anime I watched was Doraemon. I remember being amused that the Okazu blogger was mystified by yuri danshi, like, who's the audience for this? And the answer is it's meant to be funny, and it is. It's male yuri chuunibyou, and chuunibyou is considered funny in and of itself.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

You know what would be nice, if we had a story about a “guy who just really loves yuri” except it turns out they were just a closeted trans lesbian who we got to see come to terms with her identity and transition + get a girlfriend

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

Oh, I almost forget this! I remember I really like the art style back then. The story is good, it’s even better than some of popular yuri in my opinion... :) it just come in wrong time when yuri’s still something...purely, and no man allowed. But now is 2022, hoping more people will accept it as long as it’s not yuri bait. I need more genre in yuri!

And yes, somewhat I find it funny when the MC do thing like stalking yuri couple and some people call it creepy when a girl doing the same thing people call it cute.

GreenTeaWytch
joined May 18, 2021

Somebody please tell this fucking egg that being trans is a thing

Totsuka
joined Jan 19, 2020

Whew, look at all that heavy text. Thank you so much to the scanlators for picking up such a mammoth work after so many years.

To reply you must either login or sign up.