Forum › Posts by Nikitalita

Nikitalita
Yuri Danshi discussion 04 Jan 05:43
joined Nov 6, 2021

yknow this whole series would make a lot more sense and be a lot more satisfying if the mc came out as a trans woman by the end. craving girl talk, not understanding why you want to take some sort of part in the lesbian community, it all seems very trans to me. but idk maybe i'm talking out of my ass.

Lemme put it this way: I related so hard to Hanadera that I cried while reading this series.

also, i don't really enjoy the whole "yuri is sacred and holy" thing to begin with. it causes the opposite problem that yaoi does. yaoi makes gay men out to be these overly sexual predators, while yuri makes love between women out to be this pure and angelic force that involves nothing more sexual than a peck on the lips. i'm a bisexual person who is widely perceived by society as a whole to be a woman, and it just makes me feel kinda disgusted when yuri is pure and good all the time. it's why all the cute fluffy girls in high school stuff seems so weird and pandering to dudes for me. but i'm just rambling

It’s ideality syndrome. When one sublimates desires like this, such that they get realized only vicariously, it becomes an ideal that gets progressively refined and harder to live up to.

Nikitalita
Yuri Danshi discussion 25 Dec 04:50
joined Nov 6, 2021

where can I read the raws of this

I bought them from Amazon.

Nikitalita
Yuri Danshi discussion 21 Nov 11:30
joined Nov 6, 2021

This seemed like it could be a funny and interesting look at yuri fandom at first, I found the meta commentary on Yuri Hime magazine funny, but chapter 3 just kinda completely ruins the joke. He was always kinda creepy spying on people but Jesus Christ turning into a bathroom cop, chasing someone down in public, and tearing at their clothes? The rest of the series should be him reading yuri hime from a jail cell ffs. I could maybe understand a drama about a monster like this but this behavior is way too dangerous to be laughed at in a silly comedy. It reminds me of those 80s guy "comedies" like "revenge of the nerds" that treat sexual violation as a fun prank or game.

Chapter 3 is pretty important in the story. It explains a lot about Keisuke. I don't think it was supposed to be funny at all, but rather tragic how he hated parts of himself so much that he has to take it out on other people.

last edited at Nov 28, 2023 1:23PM

Nikitalita
Yuri Danshi discussion 20 Nov 05:02
joined Nov 6, 2021

"Yuri is fantasy"

Not if I have anything to say/do about it.

I bring fantasy into reality with every smooched girl, apparently. I shall BREAK REALITY BY KISSING WOMEN, AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME!

I've seen a bunch of reaction to this line in particular. He's not saying that "Yuri is Fantasy" in general, he's saying that "Yuri is Fantasy" for yuri danshi. In order for him to live a "normal" (compulsory cishet), fulfilling life, he is REQUIRED to internalize that this is just a fantasy. And even though he's achieved that "normal", fulfilling life, he STILL has desire burning away at his soul. I think it's rather tragic.

last edited at Nov 20, 2023 5:53AM

Nikitalita
Yuri Danshi discussion 19 Nov 17:23
joined Nov 6, 2021

He's literally me

yeah, he used to be me, too

Nikitalita
Yuri Danshi discussion 22 Jul 15:32
joined Nov 6, 2021

I liked this manga so much that I decided to take it over from Sappho Scans (many thanks to them for providing their in-progress work).

Someone asked me why I found this "relatable": Hanadera reminds me of myself when I was about his age. That feeling totally alienated from the human experience while also having a strange obsession with lesbian media and being a total weirdo as a result is very relatable. I got better, though.

last edited at Jul 22, 2023 3:32PM

Nikitalita
joined Nov 6, 2021

I get the sense that the author has a somnophilia kink. “kissing while asleep” has happened multiple times in both this series and green tea bitch.

Nikitalita
Liberta discussion 19 Apr 04:49
joined Nov 6, 2021

Has anyone noticed that T̶a̶d̶o̶k̶o̶r̶o̶ Tatsubon has a tendency to pair smol, mousy, bullied characters with strong tall babes who readily take care of their foes?

Nikitalita
Yuri Danshi discussion 28 Apr 08:14
joined Nov 6, 2021

New to this series and I love it. I’m a trans lesbian and during the first few chapters I thought yea this man should just transition. Tho I am still mad at them for saying that trap x cis girl isn’t yuri cause imo it is
But I sincerely don’t believe he’s an egg, at least it’s pretty far away from my experience. He seems to identify with being a man and while in some cases he struggles because of his identity in others he finds comraderey. He’s a man through and through and does not wish to be any different.

He literally talks about how the male experience is completely foreign to him and he wants to be apart of girl talk. Cis dudes generally don’t think like this.

last edited at Jul 22, 2023 5:00PM

Nikitalita
Yuri Danshi discussion 18 Apr 03:18
joined Nov 6, 2021

I guess I should say a few words about the manga itself, lol.

While I don't have a "Who is the demographic and the target audience for this?" question, I have a slightly different one that had been often popping into my head while I was reading this: "Are those jokes and situations supposed to be relatable in some way?". Don't get me wrong, I'm all for self-deprecating humor and bigger-than-life, over-the-top chuunibyou fantasies, but in this case something feels...kinda off. I can't really put my finger on it yet (sometimes-foreshadowing-is-relatively obvious.mp4), but for some reason I don't vibe with the MC or his thought process.

if you don’t relate to this, you are probably not an egg.

Nikitalita
Yuri Danshi discussion 12 Apr 02:02
joined Nov 6, 2021

You know what would be nice, if we had a story about a “guy who just really loves yuri” except it turns out they were just a closeted trans lesbian who we got to see come to terms with her identity and transition + get a girlfriend

You know, the author stopped updating their twitter. Maybe this happened IRL?

Nikitalita
Yuri Danshi discussion 11 Apr 15:54
joined Nov 6, 2021

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who feels the yuri danshi pain...

Bro……..

Nikitalita
Yuri Danshi discussion 06 Nov 11:12
joined Nov 6, 2021

This is the eggiest shit I have ever read.

from the manga:

...Well, it's not as though I cannot understand the desire to become a girl and perform various acts of yuri.
It is something that everyone must grapple with at some point.

No, hun. These desires are not common.