Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

God bless everyone analyzing the fuck out of Komako's character, I'm throwing in the towel this chapter.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

alright yeah this went exactly as I was hoping, a carcrash can't happen quietly after all and now sensei's gonna come help Satsuki. Gotta ask though Satsuki are you really so determined to tell the truth that you'd jump to your death to not tell a lie, yes evidently she is.

also Komachi what was that, what was with that, what were you doing you sly little snake. The prez talked about how there have been a truly staggering amount of premonitory corpses since Satsuki enrolled and you know what I think Komachi is killing people or at least attempting to.

Okay here are my real thoughts, I think Komachi takes what people say at complete utter face value and if she hears someone say they'd wish someone else was dead she puts into motion a plan to kill them because she genuinely thinks it would help them. As evidenced by her "helping Satsuki" by almost getting her to fall to her death, after the last thing Satsuki said was "I'm going to jump" so Komachi is just helping her out you know

last edited at Apr 6, 2022 8:44PM

joined May 1, 2013

alright yeah this went exactly as I was hoping, a carcrash can't happen quietly after all and now sensei's gonna come help Satsuki. Gotta ask though Satsuki are you really so determined to tell the truth that you'd jump to your death to not tell a lie, yes evidently she is.

also Komachi what was that, what was with that, what were you doing you sly little snake. The prez talked about how there have been a truly staggering amount of premonitory corpses since Satsuki enrolled and you know what I think Komachi is killing people or at least attempting to.

Okay here are my real thoughts, I think Komachi takes what people say at complete utter face value and if she hears someone say they'd wish someone else was dead she puts into motion a plan to kill them because she genuinely thinks it would help them. As evidenced by her "helping Satsuki" by almost getting her to fall to her death, after the last thing Satsuki said was "I'm going to jump" so Komachi is just helping her out you know

How much you wanna bet that before Komachi's head got cut off and she got burned to death, Shiina said something like "You should just die"? Thematically it works very very well: Satsuki can't lie, and Komachi can't perceive lies (or maybe, she relishes in twisting around the white lies and exaggerations people say in order to kill.)

Also, do we know for absolute 100% certain the president has special eyes? Komachi was involved with that weird thing in chapter 11 where Satsuki died and then history changed and she was alive again and she glimpsed a corpse disappearing. Could it be that KOMACHI has the special eyes, and she's been dutifully reporting everything to her boss on the student council?

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

I think Komachi was trying to help. But she thought Satsuki wanted to die by jumping, so she tried to help her accomplish that by making Satsuki slip off the railing. Scary~ lol Obviously we the readers know that's not what Satsuki wanted help with, but I think we can all agree Komachi's not all there in the head.

last edited at Apr 7, 2022 5:22AM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Now that she has a glimpse into her true nature,hopefully her soft fun bags can cure her mental problems.

Probably will need more locker close ups for that.

joined Dec 18, 2020

Komachi has always been kind of creepy, now she's bordering yandere territory. Also great slap by Akira.

joined Mar 19, 2022

I can't tell if Komachi is a terrible, evil person who wanted to murder Satsuki or if she's just mental.

joined May 29, 2021

Regardless of Komachi's true intentions, one thing is clear: this chapter solidified Akira as the one for Satsuki.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Really great insights into Komachi this chapter. She’s seems determined to please people but totally alien in her reasoning. Extremely curious what happened to her to make her like this.

Regardless of Komachi's true intentions, one thing is clear: this chapter solidified Akira as the one for Satsuki.

I really really want that. Akira is exactly the person Satsuki needs. Really hoping the confrontation with her dad that was teased a while ago will result in her and Satsuki getting even closer.

last edited at Apr 20, 2022 5:30AM

joined Sep 11, 2019

Satsuki and Akira
Really going the mile here.

Wiwaxia-sketch
joined Nov 9, 2021

Interesting how absolutely, lethally, literal both Satsuki and Komachi are in this chapter.

Ayayayahuasca
370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Watch it be something like the ol' "oh I was only a few feet from the ground" kind of thing

last edited at Apr 7, 2022 3:30AM

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Komachi is so helpful! She just wants to please people and sometimes doesn't understand sarcasm or nuance. Whenever she is blushing, she's saying or doing what she thinks others want to hear. Like when telling Satsuki it's okay if she stops. Or lying because it will help a goal. Or acting friendly, especially early on. Maybe even staging a couple deaths that would emotionally benefit Satsuki or Prez.

Meanwhile Akira doesn't give a damn about what people think and cares about Satsuki's well-being. It's going to be rough when she has the family tragedy though.

last edited at Apr 7, 2022 7:29AM

joined Mar 26, 2021

If you go back to Chapter One, and you see the page where you see the gears breaking apart and that Komachi head disappearing, maybe it led to the consequences we see now. Maybe Komachi should have died then. Not to mention the fact that she looked suspicious to me from the beginning

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

If you go back to Chapter One, and you see the page where you see the gears breaking apart and that Komachi head disappearing, maybe it led to the consequences we see now. Maybe Komachi should have died then. Not to mention the fact that she looked suspicious to me from the beginning

god, I'd really like it if it ends up being something as simple as "Komachi should've died because she's going to start killing people" and now because she's not dead herself she's killing people or at least attempting to, and there's no real fate or anything at play Komachi is just the kind of person who'd start killing people sooner or later and that freak accident could have saved everyone a lot of trouble

joined Jun 3, 2014

Satsuki, I'm sorry your waifu is crazy

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

The way Akira cares about Satsuki is just way too adorable. I hope they become a couple later on. Komachi can go to hell. Her character is interesting though.

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

That's kind of a Steins;Gate paradigm when you think about it. If someone is fated to die and you save them from their fate, that will cause someone else to have to die in their place, possibly even them for a second time. By Satsuki constantly subverting fate, someone else will have to die and she keeps subverting this over and over and over

joined Mar 26, 2021

That's kind of a Steins;Gate paradigm when you think about it. If someone is fated to die and you save them from their fate, that will cause someone else to have to die in their place, possibly even them for a second time. By Satsuki constantly subverting fate, someone else will have to die and she keeps subverting this over and over and over

Yeah thats what i thought about too, saving one life but other one will die

joined Mar 23, 2022

well that settles it. akira is the best waifu in this series. hiving the bitch slap satsuki ever needed.

joined May 1, 2013

I mean, thematically this makes perfect sense, but this isn't a Final Destination thing. Someone's definitely a serial killer. There's huge shenanigans going around for most of these deaths.

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

wtf Satsuki,i know you don't want to lie but wtf?

Komachi really think she's going to do it(suicide)...and...she helped her? i really want to know what she's thinking

Akira and the teacher is like,the only normal people here?

oh,glad they will finally talk about it,there's too many death in that school

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

god, I'd really like it if it ends up being something as simple as "Komachi should've died because she's going to start killing people" and now because she's not dead herself she's killing people or at least attempting to, and there's no real fate or anything at play Komachi is just the kind of person who'd start killing people sooner or later and that freak accident could have saved everyone a lot of trouble

From all the stuff I've heard about serial killers, that's basically it. Maybe not full-on serial, but she's got a few similarities going on there.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I knew it. They're actually horns.

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

There's a few ways to interpret Kai's statement:

1. Satsuki's creating some karmic debt by saving people which needs to be repaid in death. But Sayoko mentioned they haven't proven interfering with deaths causes the future to get worse. It's just a fear of theirs. So,

2. while Satsuki is haunted by death, it's unrelated to her saving people. On the bright side, there could be a solution to this that doesn't involve allowing people to die. Or it might not be satisfied no matter how many die.

3. Satsuki is only coincidentally connected to the amount of deaths. If you want to suspect Komachi, she would have enrolled at the same time as Satsuki.

Going back to chapter 1, Satsuki calls saving Komachi the decision that broke the gears of fate⁠—the day Komachi needed to die. But that was maybe 1-2 months ago, and Satsuki should have started school here last year. It doesn't add up. It's possible Satsuki being a death magnet has nothing to do with whatever disaster Komachi will cause.

Komachi exposes the flaw in Satsuki's approach to saving people: how she struggles to understand their perspectives or recognize non-life threatening issues, sometimes leaving them in the same environment that created death before. In that regard she's poison to Satsuki. Outwardly harmless but deeply troubled, well-intentioned(?) but happily enabling her most destructive tendencies. I don't think she's a pure monster but Satsuki will never be able to save her like this. I'll ignore that blush as she pulled Satsuki's fingers for now.

To reply you must either login or sign up.