Forum › Okiku-san wa Ichatsukitai discussion

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

y'all talking about the jumpscare, what's really freaking me out is how the artist draws upper teeth from front on

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

God, it's just jumpscare after jumpscare with this chapter. But it was effective, I had to go turn on every light in my house.

Page 80 is scary alright, but if you ask me, it isn't nearly as scary as realizing that in every single chapter so far there's the ghost of a strange woman with a wound on her face who is spying on the two mcs from behind a window or a door or even over the shoulder of one of them... AND I DIDN'T REALIZE IT AT ALL until I read this thread and other commenters told me where to look!

Same, now we'll be watching the windows in the manga (and real life ;-; )

Steam-community-screenshot-dream-team-demon,-witch-
joined Nov 15, 2016

Geesu that jumpscare

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

God, it's just jumpscare after jumpscare with this chapter. But it was effective, I had to go turn on every light in my house.

Page 80 is scary alright, but if you ask me, it isn't nearly as scary as realizing that in every single chapter so far there's the ghost of a strange woman with a wound on her face who is spying on the two mcs from behind a window or a door or even over the shoulder of one of them... AND I DIDN'T REALIZE IT AT ALL until I read this thread and other commenters told me where to look!

jesus christ you´re right ch 1 pg 25 and ch 2 pg 54 have a women looking through the window at them, that is really scary

last edited at Mar 30, 2022 1:15AM

joined May 16, 2021

jesus christ you´re right ch 1 pg 25 and ch 2 pg 54 have a women looking through the window at them, that is really scary

Wtf i have to look now, thanks for the pages!

Probably not the best idea since I'm in bed in the dark atm but that jumpscare already scared tf out of me...

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Holy ship, dont do that....

joined Mar 2, 2020

Im in bed why

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

That was actually shocking and quite creepy. Kudos to the mangaka for the surprise

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Lewdsome and scaresome.

Bildschirmfoto_2018-08-23_um_21.02.14
joined Jun 13, 2012

This one turned out to be a good combination between wholesome flirting, sexy scenes and horror that keeps me awake at night. AND I LOVE IT SOOO MUCH!!! Really looking forward to the next chapters!

joined Dec 4, 2017

fck i cant unsee that

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Honestly a great chapter to read in the morning. Gets me right going for the day

joined Oct 21, 2019

found the chapter 3's wounded ghost on page 69

joined Aug 17, 2021

No it's page 67

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

No it's page 67

It's this page, right?
You can see the number of the page in the bottom left corner.
It's scary af is you think about it. We're watching the mindscape of the miko who has been possessed by Okiku, so both her spirit and Okiku's spirit are there and they are casually talking...

And in the background, between the miko's naked spirit and her speech balloon (reading "You really can cook!"), you can see the face of... ugh.

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

The jump scare at the 80th page ^^'

joined Mar 8, 2016

Maybe I have just read too much Murcielago, but the "scare" seemed more confusing than frightening to me. XD

Weatherman1891
joined Mar 30, 2022

Man I love Murcielago, but it always takes some readjustment to get back into that level of gore

Jpeg_20190102_170347
joined Jun 3, 2020

aaahh so thats who the creepy woman showing up was! That story is super popular, Oiwa was a beautiful woman that got disfigured by some kind of facial cream that was given to her by a woman that was in love with her husband. After she was disfigured, the husband wanted nothing to do with her, but divorcing because your wife is ugly wasn't possible, so he paid someone to rape her so he could divorce. That obviously fails terribly, Oiwa dies, curses everyone and becomes a vengeful spirit. I like how this manga brings famous ghost stories but has that wholesome feel. Wholesome horror yay!

last edited at Mar 31, 2022 11:34PM

joined May 8, 2018

Holy shite! Now that I went back, I do see the ghost. Oh man. If I was in a horror movie, I wouldn't notice if I was haunted by a ghost. Just thinking about it gives me the chill.

Tumblr_cee5b652f60d90ff709454b0003785ca_6809dc36_400-min
joined Sep 4, 2021

mom im scared

joined Sep 1, 2021

aaahh so thats who the creepy woman showing up was! That story is super popular, Oiwa was a beautiful woman that got disfigured by some kind of facial cream that was given to her by a woman that was in love with her husband. After she was disfigured, the husband wanted nothing to do with her, but divorcing because your wife is ugly wasn't possible, so he paid someone to rape her so he could divorce. That obviously fails terribly, Oiwa dies, curses everyone and becomes a vengeful spirit. I like how this manga brings famous ghost stories but has that wholesome feel. Wholesome horror yay!

Is it just me or are a lot of asian ghost stories just failed attempts to convince men to not be monstrously evil to women?

joined Aug 31, 2013

Is it just me or are a lot of asian ghost stories just failed attempts to convince men to not be monstrously evil to women?

In the old time, women are all treated like shit and have no value or opinion or whatever, so it's only reflecting real life ^^; . I guess it's even worse in Asia with the influence of Confucianism, patriarchal system or something. (Im Asian btw xD)

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

In the old time, women are all treated like shit and have no value or opinion or whatever, so it's only reflecting real life ^^; . I guess it's even worse in Asia with the influence of Confucianism, patriarchal system or something. (Im Asian btw xD)

If ya ever read any Greco-Roman or Hindu/Buddhist or Abrahamic tragedies, I'm afraid these kinds of stories are pretty universal. It's most likely, as mentioned, because women were always treated as subhuman by these advanced ancient societies, so it was not only a reflection of reality but also the elders of the society trying to establish some sort of morality within men to not treat women as poorly as they do lest they be cursed

joined Aug 17, 2021

It's this page, right?

Yes, that's the page. Now I find myself quite dumb for counting those pages from page 54

To reply you must either login or sign up.