Forum › Can't Defy the Lonely Girl discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Warm.

calmly-anxious
joined Mar 26, 2022

Why the fuck are they so cute, what the hell.

screams

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

This is starting to get a bit dull. Every chapter just feels the same to me. Really hope something actually happens soon.

joined Aug 29, 2019

This is starting to get a bit dull. Every chapter just feels the same to me. Really hope something actually happens soon.

Well... on the one hand I get what you mean, but...
on the other hand I appreciate the author taking their time and have since become confident that they'll follow through on the things hinted at. We will have them coming out/becoming official, we likely also will witness them taking intimacy to the next level and I'm pretty sure we'll be at least getting a timeskip/flash forward at the end.

This manga originally felt like a series of construed happenstances to arbitrarily block progression, but now it feels like a soft and sweet slow burn. I will be patient.

I'm also extremely happy to see them tackling their coming out as a major step. It's the one thing I was missing in Bloom Into You and I'm excited that we're getting to see it here. (srsly, please let us have this, Kashikaze-sensei)

last edited at Mar 26, 2022 5:16PM

joined Feb 1, 2021

Why the fuck are they so cute, what the hell.

screams

Username matches post perfectly lol

joined Feb 21, 2019

as usual, just top tier fluff manga

and the art is so damn good from s-tier art to great chibi moments :D

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

Is warm

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

I give up. It does not even have plots anymore. I am still following it only because I subscribed Yurihime and of course this manga serialization comes with it. If this new chapter were to be drawn after the incident which Sora's mom and Sora made a pact. Go to Hokkaido after graduation with mom paying University tuition; or Sora is on her own. You would not have noticed that a dozen chapters has passed by. Fluff...

joined Jun 21, 2021

I give up. It does not even have plots anymore.

its been slice of life since they started dating...what do you people want from it? forced drama?

and there is plot, they disccused like 3 different things they both hope to do/figure out in the near future.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Oh wow I'm honestly a bit surprised by seeing some people that didn't like this chapter, and are done with the series, but too each their own.

I for one love just seeing various parts of their relationship, and their life together now. It helps strengthen their bond, I don't need constant things going on, like drama and so fourth, I simply get joy from seeing how much these two love each other, and have opened more in general because of their relationship. Plus the whole waking up together, warming up, snuggling on the train, getting to see the first sunrise of the year and happy that they're together. I genuinely loved this chapter, and the relationship these two have built up together.

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

Love the chill no-drama.

If/when the author does decide to throw in some drama, I hope it's framed as the two of them working together to figure things out, rather than the standard trope of "have a big dramatic fight and falling out, then make up." (Which always reminds me of an abusive relationship more than a healthy one.)

Predictions for upcoming drama? Coming out to parents, trying to get into the same school/not going to the same school and having to balance their time?

joined Oct 10, 2021

who the hell wears a bra to sleep

joined Jan 14, 2020

Predictions for upcoming drama? Coming out to parents, trying to get into the same school/not going to the same school and having to balance their time?

Discovering the new couple has had sex before them.

joined May 29, 2021

Well if you're staying with someone and are maybe a bit embarrassed.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Gasp

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

its been slice of life since they started dating...what do you people want from it? forced drama?

Yes, people want forced drama. Then they'll complain about it incessantly.

There's just no pleasing some people. They are together, what do people expect to happen after that? This is why most stories end at the "getting together" part, because so many people need to complain about their lack of satisfaction afterwards.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Hehe, not unlikely.

Who the hell wears a bra to sleep?

Maybe it's a comfy bra, but yeah, it's a bit odd, especially since she was also wearing a sweater on top (that part my then-girlfriend did as well when she first slept over, so I can absolutely see that happening). Also note that it's not like Sora would have had massive boobs flopping about without it, so I'm pretty sure she was just really, REALLY bashful about it.

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

I'm guessing that's the author signaling to the audience that they immediately went to sleep instead of doing other nightly activities off camera?

There's just no pleasing some people. They are together, what do people expect to happen after that? This is why most stories end at the "getting together" part, because so many people need to complain about their lack of satisfaction afterwards.

I've always found it kind of weird that writers don't know what to do with a story once "getting together," happens. In my experience, even when people get together and have a healthy relationship, life doesn't stop being life. The troubles they face just aren't them fighting amongst themselves.

joined Jun 21, 2021

I've always found it kind of weird that writers don't know what to do with a story once "getting together," happens. In my experience, even when people get together and have a healthy relationship, life doesn't stop being life. The troubles they face just aren't them fighting amongst themselves.

I think it’s a lot to do with the chase or the notion of how or will they won’t they that keeps people vested. This is something that is prevent across pretty much every culture, it’s like an unspoken writing rule to not let your couple get together until the end of a story. I think there’s some tangible data for sitcoms ratings dropping as well once the main couple get together.

As for the bra thing…it’s said it was past midnight when they went to bed, so maybe she didn’t properly get ready to sleep and crashed, or she’s still super self conscious around Ayaka for some reason

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Whats your definition of plot?

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Someone wanted something, and had trouble getting it."

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

"Someone wanted something, and had trouble getting it."

So like, wanting a way to tell everyone that you're a lesbian and have a girlfriend, for example?

joined Aug 29, 2019

So like, wanting a way to tell everyone that you're a lesbian and have a girlfriend, for example?

Oh come oooon, priorities! Other way around! Having a girlfriend is way bigger news than being gay! (spoiler for Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl)

Also you forgot to explain the "having trouble getting it" part, which would be a) feeling bashful about revealing something so intimate as having a partner and b) persistent social pressures and stigma associated with homosexuality that lead to considerable reluctance against coming out. Kinda self-explanatory, but since we're already explaining obvious things...

last edited at Mar 27, 2022 7:19PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh come oooon, priorities! Other way around! Having a girlfriend is way bigger news than being gay! (spoiler for Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl)

Also you forgot to explain the "having trouble getting it" part, which would be a) feeling bashful about revealing something so intimate as having a partner and b) persistent social pressures and stigma associated with homosexuality that lead to considerable reluctance against coming out. Kinda self-explanatory, but since we're already explaining obvious things...

Tbh, my post was a sideways glance at readers who scorn fluffy series for "lack of a plot" while reading deep thematic meaning into chapters consisting entirely of fluffy flirting in series they like.

When everyone knows that flirting is plot.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Tbh, my post was a sideways glance at readers who scorn fluffy series for "lack of a plot" while reading deep thematic meaning into chapters consisting entirely of fluffy flirting in series they like.

When everyone knows that flirting is plot.

Really, no one in their right mind could ever enjoy 96+ chapters of flirting and teasing, let alone also enjoy 109+ chapters of a couple doing couple things, I mean where is the plot in that, right?
There's just no audience for series like that, amirite, Komi-san, Nagatoro-san and Hori-san/Miyamura-kun?

Conclusion:

last edited at Mar 27, 2022 8:31PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.