Forum › A Love Letter for the Marching Puppy discussion

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Horse-munched, for the marching puppy. Yay for more hand-holding.

TheAwooMaster
A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

This manga is so amazing, cute and interesting! Ahhh I ship Kagami and Indou sooo much they are just so cute
Also... handholdiiiing (////)

joined Mar 6, 2021

I'm thinking Chiyo was in love with Indou's Mom, and clearly Indou's Mom is straight or forced to be. Maybe both were forced to be. Chiyo held back Indou's Mom in battle, and it's her fault such a good soldier died. So she sees the same romantic feelings and wants to stop it so Indou can be a good soldier, and Kagami won't get hurt like Chiyo did.

I'm actually hoping this isn't the case because it's so cliche and predictable it hurts. Life kinda is cliche and predictable though.

Yeah, I was thinking this too.

joined Jun 28, 2018

Smol puppy gf had me fuckin ROLLING

joined Jun 28, 2018

I'm thinking Chiyo was in love with Indou's Mom, and clearly Indou's Mom is straight or forced to be. Maybe both were forced to be. Chiyo held back Indou's Mom in battle, and it's her fault such a good soldier died. So she sees the same romantic feelings and wants to stop it so Indou can be a good soldier, and Kagami won't get hurt like Chiyo did.

I'm actually hoping this isn't the case because it's so cliche and predictable it hurts. Life kinda is cliche and predictable though.

Chiyo isn't in love with Indou's mom. Indou Chiyo IS Indou's mom. :p

I'm assuming you mean Kagami's mom was in love with Indou's mom, to which I agree. As for Kagami's mom being the reason for Indou's mom's death tho... I'd never considered that. Interesting idea.

MeiLangSakalam
271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

i dont like kagami like asf!! chapter 1&2 are only good, shame! i want her to be with miharu

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

i dont like kagami like asf!! chapter 1&2 are only good, shame! i want her to be with miharu

Off-brand ships are a hell of a drug. Evidently.

7af8476d1
joined Mar 19, 2019

Well personally I think of something more wicked, like kagami's mom was in love with chiyo, and since she's dead she's doing a transfer over shinobu, and decided to put her daughter away from shinobu when she saw shibobu being heels over head for kagami since she wants to keep her for herself.

edit: in more clear ways: kagami's mom is "raising" a new chiyo (through shinobu), and don't want her daughter to meddle in her masterplan

last edited at May 20, 2021 2:58PM

joined Jun 28, 2018

Well personally I think of something more wicked, like kagami's mom was in love with chiyo, and since she's dead she's doing a transfer over shinobu, and decided to put her daughter away from shinobu when she saw shibobu being heels over head for kagami since she wants to keep her for herself.

edit: in more clear ways: kagami's mom is "raising" a new chiyo (through shinobu), and don't want her daughter to meddle in her masterplan

I'm with you on that one. Kagami's mom is 100% trying to separate Shinobu and Kagami so she can transplant her lost love. Really looking forward to seeing Kagami's reaction when she realizes it. I'm sure it'll force her to completely shatter that tsundere facade and let Shinobu see just how much she actually cares.

joined Oct 30, 2018

Unfortunate the updates take so long for this manga, especially when its near its end. I guess white garden scans gave up on their schedule. Honestly hope I never see what garden scans again

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Sad_Jamie posted:

Unfortunate the updates take so long for this manga, especially when its near its end. I guess white garden scans gave up on their schedule. Honestly hope I never see what garden scans again

Scanlators spend their precious free time working to provide entertainment to you, free of charge or burden. Comments like are disrespectful, and unacceptable in all circumstances. Please refer to Rule 4 for further information, and don't post like this again. Thank you.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

So, the reason behind the older girls’ double takes: because she’s just so darned adorable, or because she’s the Orphan with Distinguished Parents (who she physically resembles)?

Also, in regard to the “Let me touch you!” “Not there!” scene:

So did things escalate quickly into Schlick City (almost impossible), was this a prelude to the haircut in some way, or something else?

Otherwise (or in addition), passes inspection all around. More, please.

That scene also did not sit right with me... Made me think of another manga really shitty too.. "Paradise something" it had to do with a "complex" we live to serve men BS and it basically ended with the tormented forgiving their abusers...

joined Jun 28, 2018

So, the reason behind the older girls’ double takes: because she’s just so darned adorable, or because she’s the Orphan with Distinguished Parents (who she physically resembles)?

So did things escalate quickly into Schlick City (almost impossible), was this a prelude to the haircut in some way, or something else?

That scene also did not sit right with me... Made me think of another manga really shitty too.. "Paradise something" it had to do with a "complex" we live to serve men BS and it basically ended with the tormented forgiving their abusers...

You mean like a Stockholm Syndrome thing, or am I misreading something?

joined Jun 28, 2018

You mean like a Stockholm Syndrome thing, or am I misreading something?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The quoted part was my question from the very first chapter, and I meant absolutely nothing like the scene "didn't sit right with me."

Since then that scene has had a different English translation, and while the second one was still (intentionally) ambiguous ("Let me tease you" instead of "Let me touch you"), it clarified that Ooba was just talking about fixing Indou's hair.

A lot of readers had knee-jerk hostile reactions to the characters in that first chapter, calling Kagami a "bully," although to me and to others it was quite clear even then that Kagami was a classic tsundere, and the rest of the story bore that out-- so far from being a story of abuse, it is a depiction of the fluffiest, most yuri-friendly Japanese military imaginable.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Finally getting to the meat of Indou's mom and it's relation to the characters.
Kagami's mom is certainly a work.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Even if it had some akward things, it handled everything very well. The core story and the interactions betweens mc’s are simple yet superb. Plus the artstyle is insanely cute! Truly a GOAT yuri that everyone should read.

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

Legit thought I was seeing things with this upload I’m so happy ToT

17fc5f58-a1a6-4fda-9386-99deb9efe203
joined Mar 24, 2020

i randomly decided to reread this yesterday only for it to update the next day, truly blessed

anyways thanks for the update it was worth the wait!!

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

OMG WE BACK

YEA I liked this one! Gonna need to reread it =w= A good excuse to, I'd say.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I was just thinking about this manga the other day, and was hoping that progress was slow, but still going. I'm so glad and grateful to see you're hanging in there. <3 lots of love to the scanlating team.

Was going to go to your website to send a message of encouragement your way, but now that you've updated, you'll see it here. I'll wait as long as it takes. Can't believe it's been a year already. Time goes so quickly.

last edited at Mar 24, 2022 5:14AM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

YAY glad to see this updated again.
Kagamis mum needs a good hard boot up the arse.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Explanations finally incoming.

joined May 1, 2015

I completely forgot about this story.
Indou chan, I want to see her happy.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

why would you treat your daughter this way. i dont get the motivations of the auntie -- is she into indou? like whut.

To reply you must either login or sign up.