Forum › Unripe Fruit discussion

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Well, that was an unplaeasant take on the student-teacher thing

You misspelled "realistic." In any case, I can't help but feel there's something wrong (I just can't put my finger on it...) when people feel blindsided by an "unplesent" take on the "student-teacher thing."

Yeah, I kinda thought "woah, not the usual turn" and then "but much more realistic than most student-teacher stuff." I don't think every student-teacher relationship is exploitative but this sort of stuff is much more common in real life than the mushy stuff people write manga about for

Sigh. One major problem with the human psyche is that it is far too easily influenced.

Yeah there are the issues you see on TV and get in the paper about this kind of thing, but think about things this way: teacher meets student. Teacher and student fall in love. Teacher and student live happy life. Teacher and student continue on with no issues in their professional lives.

...doesn't exactly make headlines, does it?

Neither aspect is any more realistic than the next. See romance is romance, and although the excuses may change, the core values do not. All relationships have roadblocks and issues. This is true of even non-romantic types.

This kind of thing is sour and unfortunate, and probably a less-likely occurrence than most, but it is realistic. But the 'typical' stance is also very realistic in its own sense.

tl;dr - this was unhappy and sour, but that does not mean it is any more realistic than a happy end, because we just don't hear about happy ends except by word of mouth from those who actually experience it.

joined Mar 30, 2012

i didn't really understand the last page, can anyone explain it?

"Teacher" likes her girls young and fresh.

She likes them innocent so that she can teach them... right?

AHAHA. That sounds so much better that it's awful.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Had to read the last 2 pages twice lol, well that was a thing that happened damn!

Images%20(1)
joined Mar 26, 2014

I should have not went here to read some comments to understand the last page. I should have let my mind confused. Now my whole body is confused on how to feel in this one shot...

joined Jan 5, 2015

Awwwwww wtf whyyy!?!? T-T that ending cries self to sleep

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Damn it I wanted to sleep happily T_T I'm gonna go read some NanoFate to calm myself down

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Feh

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

So the tutor never really liked her...huh. This certainly was memorable. On a side note I like how mangakas can conjure up stories like this even though most of their works are happy and fluffy

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

Well, that was an unplaeasant take on the student-teacher thing

You misspelled "realistic." In any case, I can't help but feel there's something wrong (I just can't put my finger on it...) when people feel blindsided by an "unplesent" take on the "student-teacher thing."

i quote this, infact this is why usually i don't like age-gap, or is unrealistic, or is sad

Download
joined Aug 8, 2013

I'm glad this manga pulled no punches in how twisted Teacher-Student relationships can be. The ending changes everything and kinda makes it a deconstruction of the whole Teacher-Student relationship trope so commonly seen in manga.

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

Boooo bad ending! Just add a few more pages with the two young'uns meeting accidentally and ending up in love. I'm sure it's never been done before. Really. It has? Well darn. Do it anyway!!

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Suzu-chan used sex appeal

terrible idea

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

I think the "sour" on the last page can also be read a little different, but it's still depressing:
So far the "off talk" was always Suzu's thoughts I think and perhaps that's still the case. Then she'd basically consider herself as rotten, which would be really sad because she seemed really nice.
Of course the image showing the "new" student still indicates Sensei's an asshole. As a matter of fact the image got me more than the "sour" that way. That and Sensei glossing so easily over the episode "Forget the painful experience in your youth". That indicates she knows full well she's coercing and abusing her students and even though she thinks it hurts them she does it. What a bitch... "Hey, sorry I abused you, just get over it." Bah

I like the idea of the two young ones meeting and ditching Sensei for each other a lot, thanks for that idea. :)

(1)images
joined May 17, 2014

^^ I was hoping it was one of those magical romance stories where love rules all, and somehow their relatioship isn't immoral, and the young adult isn't trying to take advantage of the child, so on so forth. Let me dream! T.T

Read all of this and feel better..
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/pure_water_adolescence
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_structural_formula_of_first_love#2
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/chatting_at_the_amber_teahouse
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/legally_married_yuri_couple_book_1

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Uh... I thought Sensei meant with the analogy that she first went for her (unripe) eventually notices how childish she was/ finds someone in her age group (not necesseraly a boy/men) (ripens) and leaves her (rots)

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Well...at least Sensei let her onto the path of yuri.

joined Jul 20, 2011

Oh my... she used sex appeal.

It's super effective!

Sensei fainted!

Shingeki.no.kyojin.full.1508027
joined Aug 20, 2013

Thanks to the comments I have finally understood the end.. >_<

joined Jun 12, 2012

Suzu-chan used "sex appeal".

It's not very effective...

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Suzu-chan used "sex appeal".

It's not very effective...

OH MY GOD. That was exactly what I was thinking when I read that!

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

I remember Bimbou scans saying " The next Tamamusi release is sure to spark conversation" in the previous forum for the " Yuri Girl " release.....wasn't expecting this...but you can't help but feel bad for Sensei, right? Forgive me for taking on a Cynical approach, but common: the fact that she can only love younger girls means she can never get into a serious relationship. That sucks, right? Imagine falling in love with the perfect girl, knowing that one day she's going to change into a huge turn off. I pity her.

joined Sep 19, 2014

So is the girl doing her hair on the last page sensei's new target? The one called Rena?

last edited at Jan 7, 2015 5:53PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

At least that is who sensei was homing in on before Suzu-chan pushed her down.

joined Mar 7, 2014

I remember Bimbou scans saying " The next Tamamusi release is sure to spark conversation" in the previous forum for the " Yuri Girl " release.....wasn't expecting this...but you can't help but feel bad for Sensei, right? Forgive me for taking on a Cynical approach, but common: the fact that she can only love younger girls means she can never get into a serious relationship. That sucks, right? Imagine falling in love with the perfect girl, knowing that one day she's going to change into a huge turn off. I pity her.

She's a predator tho. I doubt she feels shitty about her preferences.

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

Aw, come on. So much for a happy ending.
I guess this is probably realistic of pedophiles though. .-.

last edited at Jan 9, 2015 7:36PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.