Forum › There's a Ghost behind that Gyaru discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm not incredibly interested in seeing any more of this particular ghost, or having Reiko interact with any other ghosts. Of course, if that's what the author wants to do, fine, and maybe it'll be good.

But to me that path just inevitably leads to gratuitous world-building, and the generation of a bunch of technical questions about how ghosts work in this storyworld, etc.

Some backstory on Reiko herself would be welcome, but I'm mostly here for the cute, not for a Mieruko-chan knockoff.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Dang, this page gave me the heebie-jeebies. :-/ Is anyone here well-versed enough in horror tropes to explain to me what makes this kind of ghost depiction so unnerving?

I imagine the lack of defined facial features makes it all the more unnerving. Kind of an uncanny valley thing where it looks just enough human to make you see the resemblance but far enough away for you to know it's not and that something is very wrong. Some theorize the uncanny valley is an instinctual disgust for corpses; i.e. it looks like a living person, but its not and its dangerous to be near it so we respond with "EW!! GROSS!! GET IT AWAY!!"

Having thought about it, I think it's the combo of an eyeless face and an toothless open mouth that got to me. Uncanny valley all way.

joined Aug 15, 2018

I cant help but sheeeep Hikari and reiko sigh
Dont even know....but its just me

me too buddy,me too

Me three, idk why. They're really cute together.

joined Nov 22, 2019

I cant help but sheeeep Hikari and reiko sigh
Dont even know....but its just me

me too buddy,me too

Me three, idk why. They're really cute together.

I think Reiko is supposed to be a little girl, like a similar age and maturity to the little girl she met at the Halloween festival a few chapters ago.

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

Too wholesome!!!

joined Oct 2, 2021

Just a thought.
When Reiko pushed Ghostface Killah thru the wall, Ghostface might have ended up in Yuinas toilet cubicle. Lol

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

So cute

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Reiko - 1
real life depiction of a ghost girl - 0

last edited at Nov 30, 2021 11:01PM

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Just a thought.
When Reiko pushed Ghostface Killah thru the wall, Ghostface might have ended up in Yuinas toilet cubicle. Lol

Reiko-chan ain't nuthin' to shove wit lol

joined Jun 27, 2021

the last chapter doesn't load ;-;

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

the last chapter doesn't load ;-;

I clicked about 20 times too. It works now.

So bizarrely cute.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Come to think of it, this could explain why she passed on.

Until we get a better explanation, it's going to be my fanon. (nods, nods)

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I'm convinced.

That's not a ghost.

That's her 「STAND」!

last edited at Dec 2, 2021 10:26AM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

This manga makes my day. Its so adorable

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, but of course Reiko would be able to actually see Hikari's spirit leaving her body. :D

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Dang. Reiko is kinda ruthless.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Awww they're teaching her letters

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Hikari is thinking about Reiko 700% than she does Yuina

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I adore this fic. It makes my day.

joined Oct 9, 2011

Just a thought.

Pretty sure that was the punchline of the chapter

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Shipping Hikari and Reiko feels wrong, since Reiko looks and acts like a child and Hikari acts more like one of her two moms.

Just a thought.

Yes, that's literally the punchline of the chapter. Great job, detective.

last edited at Dec 2, 2021 10:32PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Shipping Hikari and Reiko feels wrong, since Reiko looks and acts like a child and Hikari acts more like one of her two moms.

The fact that it's literally impossible for Hikari to physically touch Reiko should help to keep any problematic ethical issues at bay.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

They spelled out Love while cheerleading, does this count as yuri now?

joined Oct 2, 2021

Just a thought.

Yes, that's literally the punchline of the chapter. Great job, detective.

The poster above you pointed that out chief.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

They spelled out Love while cheerleading, does this count as yuri now?

I could answer this in a variety of ways from the dry "love (in english) is just a Cute word in Japanese pop culture" to the absurd "NO, its NOT Yuri untill they are consumating their wedding"

To reply you must either login or sign up.