Forum › Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata discussion

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Can't wait for the headstone on the field to give me an emotional whiplash

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Ah yes, Your lie in april ptsd kicks again.... Why do i have to do this to myself...

Aad1217ee03a84ae2f55ba2988d97f47
joined Nov 9, 2021

damn all the heartless mf in the comment section bullying a 15 year old for what she did in elementary lmfaoo y'all have some serious issues (˘・_・˘) Shizuku is clearly suffering for what she did that's why she's like this. PEOPLE GROW UP AND THEY LEARN GODDAMN IT'S NOT LIKE Y'ALL DIDN'T GO THROUGH THIS KIND OF SHIT OR R Y'ALL STILL 12YOs

joined Nov 9, 2021

The ending of this manga is going to kill me

The MC as well it seem

foul (ʘ言ʘ╬)

joined Nov 9, 2021

Damn the main characters in this manga are so fucking selfish. Here's Kaori clearly taking advantage of Ruri's friendship to have her come see Hoshikawa, even though Ruri clearly didn't want anything to do with this shit. And then there's Hoshikawa who wants to apologize just to feel better about herself. It never crossed her mind that maybe Ruri didn't want to ever see her again. Bunch of assholes, both of them.

lmfao incel

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I like this chapter's cover. Not so much the drawing itself (not that it's bad or anything), but rather the way it was placed. Confined in a small panel, instead of covering the whole page as usual, it really gave the impression that this carefree Kaori was some distant memory, a fleeting moment that will never come back; she seems unreachable.

Yes. All this just because it covered only part of the page.
I cannot stress enough how much better this made the picture for me...
...Or maybe I've already stressed it too much lol

Also, these credit pages are too funny XD

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^ I was just glad it says "A side of you I don't know." and not "A side of you I didn't know."

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

damn all the heartless mf in the comment section bullying a 15 year old for what she did in elementary lmfaoo y'all have some serious issues (˘・_・˘) Shizuku is clearly suffering for what she did that's why she's like this. PEOPLE GROW UP AND THEY LEARN GODDAMN IT'S NOT LIKE Y'ALL DIDN'T GO THROUGH THIS KIND OF SHIT OR R Y'ALL STILL 12YOs

FR bro,i really can't handle them

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

are respiratory problem really can't be cured?

if yes...we'll go the extra depression route...

i want then to at least kiss one time..

last edited at Dec 3, 2021 5:26AM

03fca6214046e15b1cbd7ed7cd767b1a
joined May 26, 2020

Are they gonna pull a your lie in april on us? specially since her name is Kaori..

6631e8220bec2737023f64d8a2b36b99
joined Jul 20, 2020

:C I hope this has a happy ending

joined Sep 19, 2020

That's some very fucked and fun revenge plot.

I'm not sure, but:

You are terminally ill
Your friend was bullied and traumatized
Stalk the now depressed bully
Make her want to live again
Make her fall for you
Die
???
PROFIT

What could have gone wrong, indeed?

joined Feb 5, 2021

it made me feel painful

joined Feb 5, 2021

有些后悔,明知是悲剧,我却带着希望阅读,这种感觉好难受

S
joined Jan 12, 2021

I BINGE READ EVERYTHING AT ONCE, I WISH I HAD DONE THIS AFTER THE CURRENT CLIFFHANGER/ARC.

I'm sorry for the caps lock. This is a good series.

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

i just want them to be happy ಥ_ಥ

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I just read the whole thing so far without coming to the comments at all, having my own thoughts about everything. I was thinking about how our world has a sort of "no forgiveness" feel to it, like, if you do something bad once in your life and now you suffer: good, you deserve it. No catharsis for you, go ahead and die.

I was thinking about how nice it was that this manga had a different perspective: that a perpetrator also has the right to move on from their wrongdoing of the past, that they also deserve to live, even though they can't take back the pain they've caused.

Then I came to the comments section. Of course there are too many people with a "no forgiveness" world view, that it's somehow selfish to want to move on. These people think they've never done anything in their lives they would need forgiveness for, but I can assure you, no matter how strongly you believe you've lived a perfect life and never hurt anyone, you have. You may have even traumatised someone (I have tiny one-off things that traumatised me that the perpetrator would never have realised, I'm sure you also have some).

So my rant is basically: bah, why can't people understand that we're just human and need forgiveness from ourselves and others, and to be able to move on. Ruri doesn't have to forgive her, that's for sure. But both of them need to be given that option, and Shizuku needs the catharsis of forgiving herself, and for someone else (Kaori) to forgive her as an outsider too. Ruri possibly also needed to confront the idea at least once in her life that her bully is also just a person, not just an evil entity, so she can get more of a perspective on the mistakes people can make in the world (again, not necessary for her to forgive, but it's a good thing to have more of a full picture of the world).

Yeah, and as for the most recent chapter: I've been thinking for a while now, how did Kaori expect this to go? Yeah, she wanted to reach out to a classmate and help her to be closer to her old self before she most likely passes on, and especially once she found out Shizuku was suicidal, but then what? Make the loner with no one rely on you, then disappear forever, leaving her even more confused and alone than she had been. Her "let's break up" reaction kind of shows how poorly thought out the ending of her plan was. If she had told Shizuku herself much earlier, maybe some of the pain could have been avoided.

81xjhbwxr0l
joined Nov 30, 2020
  1. Kaori lives; even though there's no forgiveness till the very end, with the support of Kaori, Shizuku comes to good terms with life, and they live on positively.
  2. Kaori dies; through the turmoils of this event, maybe with some last words from Kaori and/or some more secrets unveiled, Ruri finds sincerity in Shizuku and finds a way to forgive.
  3. Kaori dies. Being already depressed and of course not able to live through both the guilt and the loss, Shizuku ends herself. Kaori either knew or has been unknowingly used by the other two. It's all part of the plan. There's no atonement. All sinners die. Ẉ̸̯͈̌Ĕ̸̡̗̯̰͆͌͘ ̵̯̥̀̎̚A̴̻̺̮͓͗̂̈́͋Ĺ̴̬͓L̷̡͋ ̵̫̫̜̔D̸̤̓͆̆̆Ĩ̶͚̤̝̖E̷̡̨̤͊ ̷̧̓A̸̢̛̼͆͑̕Ņ̸̢̱͕̍D̵̛̹͎̠̖ ̶̧̛͋̈́͘͜Y̴̢̪͍̽̈́̚͝Ȍ̷̧̡̻̗Ű̴̺̺̏͛͘ ̴̛͚͈̀̃W̴̪̗̙͎͂̓̈̐I̸̫͌̅͋̚͜L̴̛̰͂̅L̴͍̂͗ ̴̗̝̺͖͒͑D̷̢̆͛I̶̹̤͗̾̒E̶̗͘ ̷̠̠̯́̆̾̌͜T̷̹̣̝̬͊̽O̷͙̲̊O̴̗͐

Stay hydrated, folks :)

last edited at Jan 13, 2022 6:02AM

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

Reads the last line of chapter 1
Looks at the tags
Me: This could only end up in tears.
continues reading

I love aaaaangst, the pain reminds me that I still feel, I am still alive

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Chapter 16 is out on MD. I spent pretty much the whole chapter crying. This is a really beautiful manga. Whatever way it ends I'm just happy to have been here for it.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

YAMEROOOOOOOOO

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Saw this all coming but it still kicks

Lots of emotion here.

joined May 29, 2021

Welp tragedy tag achieved. It needs to be added now. It’s very pretty, but I think I’m gonna read some cheesy, happy manga to cheer myself up.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Owww my aching Kokoro.

Tragedy tag shouldn't be added. Let the reader discover it for themselves.

joined Sep 11, 2019

I can jive with this. Time to read from the beginning

To reply you must either login or sign up.