Forum › Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata discussion

joined Dec 5, 2019

Shit, I'm not ready for Kaori dying

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Shit, I'm not ready for Kaori dying

Yeah, stories like this have a fork in the path:

A) It looks like [Character] is dying, but, miraculously or otherwise, they don't die.

B) It looks like [Character] is dying. They die.

In both cases it helps to have enough character-development time to either set up some plausible reason the character doesn't die or to reconcile the readers to the fact that they inevitably will. Not sure we're going to get that development here.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

oh no,Author....don't do this to us....

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

oh,god,some people here are annoying,do you guys even understand other people's feelings?

Img_20211010_092550
joined Mar 7, 2017

I really wish Kaori is alive by the end of this. These comments section, some people really only see of one side of the glass, they never think that a person could be like shizuku? People think a bully is only a bully and not have emotions? Sure bullying is wrong but a person can change if they're willing. It's terrifying how similar I am to shizuku. I had the same situation, being overly confident and outgoing thinking I was doing something right and helpful, only to find out what your doing is actually bad and causing harm. But unlike shizuku I don't have a support system, I never did end up apologising because I never get to meet them ever again so I don't even know what happened to them. That dark place of shizuku is terrifyingly very very similar. At least she get to meet Ruri and got closure. Even if its just a character I'm glad she got closure but it really do take the toll of the mind. That line of thread there's many times it's on the edge of snapping amd seeing how she was going to snap her thread earlier on, it really hurts how close to home it is. It's two sided glass people also need to remember that. Just because one side cracked doesn't mean the other side isn't.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

I really wish Kaori is alive by the end of this. These comments section, some people really only see of one side of the glass, they never think that a person could be like shizuku? People think a bully is only a bully and not have emotions? Sure bullying is wrong but a person can change if they're willing. It's terrifying how similar I am to shizuku. I had the same situation, being overly confident and outgoing thinking I was doing something right and helpful, only to find out what your doing is actually bad and causing harm. But unlike shizuku I don't have a support system, I never did end up apologising because I never get to meet them ever again so I don't even know what happened to them. That dark place of shizuku is terrifyingly very very similar. At least she get to meet Ruri and got closure. Even if its just a character I'm glad she got closure but it really do take the toll of the mind. That line of thread there's many times it's on the edge of snapping amd seeing how she was going to snap her thread earlier on, it really hurts how close to home it is. It's two sided glass people also need to remember that. Just because one side cracked doesn't mean the other side isn't.

finally,somebody that understand it

Img-0803
joined Jun 25, 2021

Ill come back when this is finished and see if the ending is happy. Im depressed enough as is ;-;

Bb8a9f6b-acc2-4e0f-90f6-d54026cb173e_1_201_a
joined Feb 16, 2021

For the big brains up here in the comments, trauma doesn't have to be directly proportional to the actions that caused it, much the same with guilt. When she bullied Ruri, although it wasn't intentional, it targeted something she seemed to be deeply insecure about; likewise, depression can distort your memories or the gravity of them, so I don't think it's weird at all for the MC to be the way she is. Not to mention that these are all kids, everything seems as it was yesterday and they don't deal with shit perfectly. Hell, as if adults can.

While I like a Silent Voice much more, saying that the reaction here was forced or felt off seems like a baseless critique to me.

Couldn't agree with you more.
Great post.

Ha what the fuck weren’t you just saying you would bully the mc now you’re agreeing with a comment that’s completely different from what you were saying that’s a total 180

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

Will there still be updates on this since it's now licensed?

last edited at Dec 1, 2021 5:54PM

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

that final image of the scanlation team suckerpunched me at the end lmao orz

joined Apr 5, 2021

Man… now I’m just really sad.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Well well well. Kaori bringing the pain.

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

This was sad up until I saw the hospital bed in the field lmao.

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

I wonder what could cause a dying girl to try so hard for an elementary school aquaintance. Let's see what she has to say

Istockphoto-615619820-170667a%20-%20copy
joined Nov 1, 2021

Shit i wasnt expecting this

277518907_284798580472730_8969942845314652470_n
joined Sep 19, 2021

please be a happy ending, please be a happy ending, please be a happy ending
there's no tragedy tag, so the ending will be a happy ending, right?
please be a happy ending, please be a happy ending, please be a happy ending

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

Fuck this credits page for making me laugh

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Man I really think this isn't going to end well for the both of them. (Please be wrong, me!)

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

Very heavy chapter, I hope for a happy ending :( Also, on page 22, there's a cameo of Hinami and Shiki from Ikemen Sugidesu Shiki Senpai! I wonder if anyone else noticed.

last edited at Dec 2, 2021 4:51AM

joined May 1, 2015

That credit page lmao

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Don't do this to my poor heart...

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

Man, we knew it was coming from the first page's "The summer you were there...", but the hope lives on.

I feel like she is a bit too cruel here. Picking her up, making her care, and now "abandoning" her is probably way worse for Shizuku than staying with her while sick, even if the prognosis is not good.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

NO!! PLEASE NOOO!!

AT LEAST PLEASE DON'T DIE!! ಥ_ಥ

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Very heavy chapter, I hope for a happy ending :( Also, on page 22, there's a cameo of Hinami and Shiki from Ikemen Sugidesu Shiki Senpai! I wonder if anyone else noticed.

i noticed that too lol

last edited at Dec 3, 2021 5:23AM

Kasumi
joined Mar 25, 2019

Here we go: Hello darkness my ol friend ...

To reply you must either login or sign up.