Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

joined Aug 8, 2020

Komacchi has a big bundle of her own issues, what with the whole "my main goal in life is to be the nicest doormat ever" complex shes got. In the face of that sort of serial masochism, Akira's "my dad abuses me so I was gonna murder him" thing is small beans.

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

i might just never eat cabbage or lettuce again

joined May 1, 2013

As to the Prez, I see it as a "justice at any cost" situation, where the cost has no limit, including and especially killing people so they can't do wrong again. Unsure why he went after Seo, though.

I suspect every time Satsuki saves someone, it makes a death more likely down the line somehow... which is why her school is a death trap now. Depressed people get more likely to take the last step to suicide, unbalanced people are more likely to take the last step to murder, accidents are more likely, etc.

Also there's pretty clearly like an actual serial killer going around, right? Someone switched out Michiru's oil and set up the gas in the storage room and probably other things.

Me%20now%20-%20copy
joined Feb 11, 2013

Seems interesting. Reminds me of Life is Strange with how everytime she saves her she makes the future worse lmao

joined Jun 5, 2018

Ok, Ive got the gist of this: There are two major humanly created things going on:

1. Komachi is the serial killer, trying to get rid of Shiina and Seo (It was Komachi that lead Seo to the store room). Her change in attitude was due to the fact she did not die. (1)

2. There is essentially a time police involved, starring council pres guy. He too apparently sees these corpses but chooses not to deal with them, as they change the future unpredictably. Or rather, that must be his guess since he shouldnt have done it in the first place.

(1) Is strengthened by the fact that the first chapter stated in overdramatic fashion: Komachi should have died. Indeed, it is noticeable that each time a "major" corpse gets erased, seemingly parts of character personality get stripped away. E.g. the stalker girl becomes literally obsessed, Satsuki being more and more obsessed with saving everyone. I think the author is gonna pull a "Steins gate" where Satsuki must undo her changes at some point since this will end in disaster otherwise, by killing necessary people herself.

I dont think its a coincidence either that Komachi had to die twice consecutively, that was the world trying to fix itself.

I think the president is trying to save the world right now, rather than being an evil antagonist.

Lastly, according to the story, even before this manga started, MC saved a lot of people - successfully. Otherwise people would believe her by now. Why then has there been no complications before?

last edited at Nov 21, 2021 9:20AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Lastly, according to the story, even before this manga started, MC saved a lot of people - successfully. Otherwise people would believe her by now. Why then has there been no complications before?

Maybe it's like in Doctor Who where there is events that can be rewrite and other that can't.And changing the fated death of Komachi has effectly change the timeline. Just a thought.

joined May 23, 2017

Idk why I haven't been noticing this and others in dynasty... Oh well at least I can read it here

joined May 1, 2013

Ok, Ive got the gist of this: There are two major humanly created things going on:

1. Komachi is the serial killer, trying to get rid of Shiina and Seo (It was Komachi that lead Seo to the store room). Her change in attitude was due to the fact she did not die. (1)

2. There is essentially a time police involved, starring council pres guy. He too apparently sees these corpses but chooses not to deal with them, as they change the future unpredictably. Or rather, that must be his guess since he shouldnt have done it in the first place.

(1) Is strengthened by the fact that the first chapter stated in overdramatic fashion: Komachi should have died. Indeed, it is noticeable that each time a "major" corpse gets erased, seemingly parts of character personality get stripped away. E.g. the stalker girl becomes literally obsessed, Satsuki being more and more obsessed with saving everyone. I think the author is gonna pull a "Steins gate" where Satsuki must undo her changes at some point since this will end in disaster otherwise, by killing necessary people herself.

I dont think its a coincidence either that Komachi had to die twice consecutively, that was the world trying to fix itself.

I think the president is trying to save the world right now, rather than being an evil antagonist.

It'd be very straightforward for Komachi to be the serial killer... there's bodies everywhere now not because Satsuki is saving people, but because she happened to save a psycho murderer. And she seems so sweet and kind, it makes sense she could be indirectly inspiring things too behind the scenes: feeding Michiru's obsession, poking at the class president's insecurities in just the right ways.

But some of these deaths really do not seem to plausibly be murders. Like I guess it's possssssiiiiiible she greased up the gymnastics equipment, but I don't think the soccer ball through the window could be anything but an accident. (Though that one had the whole weird Satsuki death scene that I can't really figure out.) So while I do think the class president is trying to avoid some kind of cascading butterfly effect or something, I don't think it's because people's personalities get ore extreme.

I also just reaaaaaallly suspect that blonde teacher guy. She goes to him and talks about the murder methods, in detail, the day before each murder!

joined Jun 5, 2018

It'd be very straightforward for Komachi to be the serial killer... there's bodies everywhere now not because Satsuki is saving people, but because she happened to save a psycho murderer. And she seems so sweet and kind, it makes sense she could be indirectly inspiring things too behind the scenes: feeding Michiru's obsession, poking at the class president's insecurities in just the right ways.

But some of these deaths really do not seem to plausibly be murders. Like I guess it's possssssiiiiiible she greased up the gymnastics equipment, but I don't think the soccer ball through the window could be anything but an accident. (Though that one had the whole weird Satsuki death scene that I can't really figure out.) So while I do think the class president is trying to avoid some kind of cascading butterfly effect or something, I don't think it's because people's personalities get ore extreme.

I also just reaaaaaallly suspect that blonde teacher guy. She goes to him and talks about the murder methods, in detail, the day before each murder!

Never claimed, that Komachi was responsible for all the possible deaths. In fact her odd behaviour stems from the same source as all the other coincidential deaths: The world trying to meet a status quo.

I personally doubt the teacher has any involvement. Itd be too cliche, and stories need characters like him to stay side characters and give useful info.

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

This shit gets dumber by the chapter. It's like characters are aliens trying their best to mimic humans. I can only suspend my disbelief so much.

joined May 9, 2021

This shit gets dumber by the chapter. It's like characters are aliens trying their best to mimic humans. I can only suspend my disbelief so much.

The most "normal" characters act fine so I think that it's just that most are pretty weird in some ways.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

This is such a good manga! The concept is really interesting. It's basically a murder mystery, except they have to solve the murders before they take place! I don't care if it ends up being explicit yuri or not, I can't wait for more.

My thoughts on some things:
I think Komachi's issue is that she desperately wants to conform to what other people want from her. It's why she trusts Satsuki (because Satsuki wants her to trust her), why she acts like she doesn't mind being bullied by Shiina, and why she's so agreeable in general. When Satsuki asks why she trusts her, she says that Satsuki's feelings are what matter to her.

I called it before they more or less revealed it, but Satsuki definitely let her mother die somehow. She can't forgive herself, and she believes her dad can't forgive her, unless she saves everyone she sees. Now that she has friends, though, she's having to learn how to balance her desire to save people and her own safety.

As for the Stuco Pres, he's definitely the person on the phone with Miss Yandere, and he's probably behind all of the murder attempts so far. I feel like he and maybe the Vice Pres have a sort of "time police" role, where they're trying to stop the future from destabilizing due to Satsuki's meddling. He could be trying to kill everyone who should've died to restore balance or something, although that doesn't explain why he would go after Seo or why he hasn't tried to kill Komachi. Alternatively, he could just have an incredibly twisted sense of justice and be trying to punish Shiina for her bullying. He did say that spraying Komachi was her third offence, and shortly after, Shiina's third premonitory corpse appeared.

Also, this needs to get an anime adaptation! It would work so well!!

last edited at Nov 29, 2021 4:18PM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Though that one had the whole weird Satsuki death scene that I can't really figure out.

I'm pretty sure that was just Satsuki's imagination (should I call it wishful thinking perhaps...?) of how Komachi would be devastated over her death and all her classmates would realise how wrongly they had treated her etc etc... lol
Honestly, I highly doubt that Komachi would ever show such intense emotions... But I guess if you are going to die anyway, it's okay to imagine that your death would be a great loss to others...

joined Sep 13, 2018

I doubt he's a time cop or whatever, like... Satsuki's been doing this since failing to save her mom however long ago, long enough for her to read mountains of medical books and understand the information and all. I think you're just over thinking things, the stalker girl didn't get her traits "stripped away" she had an unhealthy connection form that only gets worse when they perceive persecution for actions they think are fine, this just happens with stalkers period. Or Satsuki isn't becoming "stripped away", she's seeing death and has always been like this, I think most people might be like this or equally messed up in other ways if you saw corpses of people who havent died yet and knew you could change their fate.

I think it's more likely that the student president has the same sight Satsuki too, has issues because of that, internalizing 'Maybe people just have to die for the betterment of everyone' rather than 'I have to save everyone' especially considering the whole poisoning stuff seems directly related to him and the student counsel. I think Komachi's first death was unrelated, but the second and maybe some of the others were tests to see if Satsuki could see the premonition corpses too, if she could it could be another person to help manufacture things to get rid of 'bad people'. Also if he was just trying to save the world why didn't he just go "Look Satsuki if you keep doing this x, y, and z will happen" when they were in the student counsel room relatively private. Satsuki has strong conviction for life and might get on board with 'Well we have to let some people die to save more'. On the other hand if he understands that "Getting rid of bad people" is a thing most people won't be on board with, why not put Satsuki in a situation where now he has leverage? Such as the one he's got her in right now.

Though that one had the whole weird Satsuki death scene that I can't really figure out.

I'm pretty sure that was just Satsuki's imagination (should I call it wishful thinking perhaps...?) of how Komachi would be devastated over her death and all her classmates would realise how wrongly they had treated her etc etc... lol
Honestly, I highly doubt that Komachi would ever show such intense emotions... But I guess if you are going to die anyway, it's okay to imagine that your death would be a great loss to others...

Could be the evolution of her eyesight? She starts seeing other possibilities and as for Komachi: Seeing Satsuki die in such a way would be 1) Really traumatizing and 2) Enough to break the metaphorical mask she seems to have on at all times

last edited at Dec 1, 2021 6:17PM

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

Ah let this girl have a break, she just needs friends.

I knew it student president is one of those thinks he's doing the world a favor by getting rid of people he believed that are bad.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Can't wait for the transfer student to say yeah we had a lesbian like her at my old school. Kept rescuing girls from certain death only she knew about.

Do not attempt these cool things!

Unless a hella hot bitch is in danger, of course. Then go nuts.

last edited at Dec 1, 2021 8:11PM

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Akira please, your cutest-in-the-whole-universe wife needs you, more than ever
Honestly though I pine for Satsuki so badly right now, she needs a friend

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

I can't stand how mean everyone is to the mc, please stop, I am too attached to her I don't want anything bad to happen to her.

joined Jun 5, 2018

I can understand the logic behind presidents, even if death is rather extreme for some of the possible offenses. So I think for Shiinas death, the pres would be responsible. I dont think seo has anything to do with that. And I like how Mc has enough of this bs and actually gets outright angry after being suspended from school.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

can't they just give her 1 nice and healthy friend please?

Akira is nice too but

last edited at Dec 2, 2021 7:23AM

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

This world doesn't let you be good

• satsuki

last edited at Dec 2, 2021 9:02AM

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

Akira and Satsuki are really cute together, the only good otp.

To reply you must either login or sign up.