Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

She certainly had fun, yes.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Is that the same shrine where Reina takes Kumiko during the festival and they play the trumpet/euphonium duet of "The Place Where We Found Love"? The view looks very familiar. (And, yes... I use that song as my alarm music on my phone still to this day. It's a fantastic piece of music and that scene burnt it into my brain.)

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

On page 51 watching them close in for the kiss, waiting for page 52 to load and thinking “Don’t you dare take this kiss away from us. WE’VE EARNED THIS KISS!”

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Alone in such a romantic setting and they stopped at just one kiss!? That warranted an intense makeout session, at the very least. I think they should lose their horny teenager cards for that LOL.

last edited at Sep 16, 2021 8:59PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Is that the same shrine where Reina takes Kumiko during the festival and they play the trumpet/euphonium duet of "The Place Where We Found Love"? The view looks very familiar. (And, yes... I use that song as my alarm music on my phone still to this day. It's a fantastic piece of music and that scene burnt it into my brain.)

No. Euphonium takes place on the other side of the Japan from this manga. It's in Kyoto, this is in Sendai.

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

This series is still ongoing right? That felt like such a END chapter i got a little scared

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

Ah Nanoha, never change.

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

An admirable goal, Nanoha

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Good times
Getting a little misty eyed
They've come so far

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This series is still ongoing right? That felt like such a END chapter i got a little scared

What? Even the chapter title tells you that next up is “New Year’s Resolution: Chidori’s Side.”

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I don't remember ever hearing about them having a brother as well.

Now that's one resolution that will actually not be broken... :D

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Great new year's resolution

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

We've still got half of Volume 9 to get through, and Volume 10 is set to release this winter. The web app is up to chapter 120, and no signs of it ending soon.

With the heavy emphasis the author is putting on their post-graduation plans, I'd be surprised if this ended without wrapping that up. Plus there's the whole "secret from everybody" thing that's gotta be addressed at some point.

joined Mar 26, 2021

We've still got half of Volume 9 to get through, and Volume 10 is set to release this winter. The web app is up to chapter 120, and no signs of it ending soon.

With the heavy emphasis the author is putting on their post-graduation plans, I'd be surprised if this ended without wrapping that up. Plus there's the whole "secret from everybody" thing that's gotta be addressed at some point.

I sometimes think that their this whole secret from at least their friends is no longer a secret for them, but they just don't want to say they know till both Chidori and Nanoha will come out with it

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I sometimes think that their this whole secret from at least their friends is no longer a secret for them, but they just don't want to say they know till both Chidori and Nanoha will come out with it

That’s a popular, and perhaps plausible position—it may well turn out to be the case.

On the other hand, their friends interact through friendly teasing a lot, and it would cut against their overall characterization to have them be so discreet about something like that for so long.

And on that same hand, they do an extraordinary amount of high-level girl-flirting—I just happened to re-read the public-bath-on-the-class-trip* chapters, and that’s all about the butt-patting and boob-fondling.

In fact, one possible piece of evidence for them that Nanoha and Chidori are in a “special” relationship is that they’re so chaste in public with each other. If the two actually did indulge in some more overt skinship it would most likely throw the others off the scent even more.

*And Nanoha’s cosmic reaction to accidentally brushing Chidori’s all-universe-level boob with her elbow is one of my favorite scenes in any manga ever.

last edited at Oct 6, 2021 7:38AM

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

That’s a popular, and perhaps plausible position—it may well turn out to be the case.

On the other hand, their friends interact through friendly teasing a lot, and it would cut against their overall characterization to have them be so discreet about something like that for so long.

And on that same hand, they do an extraordinary amount of high-level girl-flirting—I just happened to re-read the public-bath-on-the-class-trip* chapters, and that’s all about the butt-patting and boob-fondling.

In fact, one possible piece of evidence for them that Nanoha and Chidori are in a “special” relationship is that they’re so chaste in public with each other. If the two actually did indulge in some more overt skinship it would most likely throw the others off the scent even more.

*And Nanoha’s cosmic reaction to accidentally brushing Chidori’s all-universe-level boob with her elbow is one of my favorite scenes in any manga ever.

In the past we had strong evidence that their friends really didn't know about them, but that was a while ago. I think their friends are getting a bit more mature about things, or at least we have some evidence that they're capable of taking something seriously (particularly Rei and Kumako), so it's possible at least one of them realized, or is beginning to suspect, and is just playing it cool.

Whether they know now or not though, I'm expecting something to come of this before the end. Maybe they'll come out and it'll be a big deal, maybe it won't be a big deal at all. I think it'd be fitting if it ended with some irony: they think it's still secret but it becomes increasingly clear to the reader that everybody knows.

Also, yeah, Nanoha's brush with eternity was just a fantastic moment.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

I fully support Nanoha's goal. I wonder if Chidori will end up having the same one.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Nanoha, you sly devil you ;) Seeing Chidori naked was an actual part of her ''best of'' the year too :P

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

In the past we had strong evidence that their friends really didn't know about them, but that was a while ago. I think their friends are getting a bit more mature about things, or at least we have some evidence that they're capable of taking something seriously (particularly Rei and Kumako), so it's possible at least one of them realized, or is beginning to suspect, and is just playing it cool.

All true, but if that were the actual intention (as opposed to simply a potentially open narrative path), given the way this story operates and this mangaka's extraordinary strengths in depicting subtleties of body language and facial expression, I would expect that we would be getting some sidelong glances or a slightly raised eyebrow as a cue.

Whether they know now or not though, I'm expecting something to come of this before the end. Maybe they'll come out and it'll be a big deal, maybe it won't be a big deal at all. I think it'd be fitting if it ended with some irony: they think it's still secret but it becomes increasingly clear to the reader that everybody knows.

How could it not come out? "They're dating but it's a secret" (although, we note, not to Nanoha's little sister Kaede) is the foundational premise of the series; closure demands an ultimate resolution to that situation. This is an author who clearly knows how to play the long game, after all. I could be wrong, and we'd get a "still secret" ending with Kaede smirking in the background. But that's not where my money would be.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

All true, but if that were the actual intention (as opposed to simply a potentially open narrative path), given the way this story operates and this mangaka's extraordinary strengths in depicting subtleties of body language and facial expression, I would expect that we would be getting some sidelong glances or a slightly raised eyebrow as a cue.

I think it's possible we have been getting a little of that. Not signs that they know, but signs one or more of them is beginning to suspect. On the other hand, most of the scenes that made me stop and think could just be them recognizing that Nanoha and Chidori are very close friends. There have been hints for a long time that their behavior is nowhere near as subtle as they think it is, and it could be the sort of thing that builds in the background for a while before any definite realization. I agree if the three of them knew, we'd get something much more definite though.

How could it not come out? "They're dating but it's a secret" (although, we note, not to Nanoha's little sister Kaede) is the foundational premise of the series; closure demands an ultimate resolution to that situation. This is an author who clearly knows how to play the long game, after all. I could be wrong, and we'd get a "still secret" ending with Kaede smirking in the background. But that's not where my money would be.

Well, it would be a kind of resolution, and it could be funny. I wouldn't be surprised if "It's a secret from everybody" incorporated into the ending somehow. Maybe one last time before they come out, maybe as a blatantly false statement after they've told more people. Whatever happens, the humor of these constant interruptions and minor bumps in their relationship is very tied into the theme of the story (it's even the meaning of the title), and I expect that humor to be present in the resolution.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think it's possible we have been getting a little of that. Not signs that they know, but signs one or more of them is beginning to suspect. On the other hand, most of the scenes that made me stop and think could just be them recognizing that Nanoha and Chidori are very close friends.

Oh, I think the class trip made it absolutely clear that everyone else in the group thinks of them as a "couple" (i.e., very best friends more emotionally tied into one another than are the rest of them), just not (necessarily) that kind of couple--the kissing, having sex, having-each-others'-babies-forever-in-real-life kind of couple.

"Of course we all grope each others' boobs--but not like THAT!"

(And if anyone knows or strongly suspects, my money would be on Rei. . . .)

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Oh, I think the class trip made it absolutely clear that everyone else in the group thinks of them as a "couple" (i.e., very best friends more emotionally tied into one another than are the rest of them), just not (necessarily) that kind of couple--the kissing, having sex, having-each-others'-babies-forever-in-real-life kind of couple.

"Of course we all grope each others' boobs--but not like THAT!"

(And if anyone knows or strongly suspects, my money would be on Rei. . . .)

For a long time, I've been wondering about this and this. Thoughtlessly shoving them together simply because it's convenient and wouldn't bother her, or has Kumako noticed that they're not comfortable being that close together? But, well, it never came up again, so it's almost certainly nothing. Rei does seem more emotionally keyed into things than the other two, maybe.

I think you're right when you said earlier that what might give them away is that they're the only two in their friend group who aren't perfectly fine with groping each other, and Nanoha keeps running interference to defend Chidori's breasts...

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Hell yeah, now thats a new years resolution.

Does anyone have the specific chapter(s) where Nanoha's little sister keys us in that she knows about Chidori?

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Hell yeah, now thats a new years resolution.

Does anyone have the specific chapter(s) where Nanoha's little sister keys us in that she knows about Chidori?

Here. (It's literally the first time they meet. This 12 year old is the smartest character haha).

last edited at Oct 6, 2021 12:16PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I must read manga too much, cause I can't help but see this as a flag.
Like because they said it out loud that we're gonna get the 'not going to the same college' arc eventually.

To reply you must either login or sign up.