Forum › Otohime Diver discussion

joined May 24, 2014

Well then, let's dive into the series!

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Me reading the tags for this series

joined Jun 6, 2021

The translator needs to make a table of the declination of the strong verbs, and to tack or tape that table to a wall or desk. In particular, the past participles are not formed using the form of the simple past tense as such.

“have swum”
“have drunk”
“have sung”
&c

joined Sep 6, 2018

Artwork is great, reminds me of “LOW”. Dialogue, however, isn’t that great to me.

This manga is pure eye-candy.

joined Jun 4, 2020

Wait I know this artstyle.

Yeah it is.

joined Dec 28, 2020

maybe it needs the tag 'mermaid'

joined Sep 6, 2020

I have no idea what's going on, the art is amazing but too confusing and same goes for the dialogue

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

I have no idea what's going on, the art is amazing but too confusing and same goes for the dialogue

Seriously. There are several questions I have for the series like what is the deal with the MC being a mermaid and how do sea oddities work. What is the Guardian Club? We only got 2 chapters explaining (or rather hinting) what it is, yet it wasn't even clearly explored as to the interaction the MC had with the members. Dang, listing all of them is going to take forever. Though if I may ask is there any missing chapters or is this the actual release order? Hopefully someone can clarify this.

Despite all of the major issues I have with the flow of the story, it goes without noticing that the art is gorgeous. Especially like the times when the characters are all in the sea diving. It just looks so serene and beautiful. Considering the concept that is rather rare in stories as well as the art, if they fix the storytelling aspect this can become a true masterpiece.

Hopefully that would be the case...

Alterist Uploader
joined Jul 27, 2020

Seriously. There are several questions I have for the series like what is the deal with the MC being a mermaid and how do sea oddities work. What is the Guardian Club? We only got 2 chapters explaining (or rather hinting) what it is, yet it wasn't even clearly explored as to the interaction the MC had with the members. Dang, listing all of them is going to take forever. Though if I may ask is there any missing chapters or is this the actual release order? Hopefully someone can clarify this.

So uh, one half of the team responsible for this here. This is the actual release order, chapter 8.1 was an extra included in the first volume, and chapter 8.5 is a web bonus. Regarding the plot, they will explain what are Sea Oddities and touch on the Guardian Club in an later chapter. As for the MC, well, chapter 8.1 covers most of it. I'll put a Anecdote Alcove with the next chapter to talk about stuff from that chapter to the latest.

I started this scanlation project around 2 years ago so some of the dialogue around the earlier chapters aren't the greatest, hopefully the later chapters are more readable.

last edited at Aug 20, 2021 3:12PM

joined Aug 15, 2021

wow i really love the ART, sooo beautiful... the story is interesting, cannot wait for next chapter.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

The art of this is astounding. The artist is able to both draw beautiful backgrounds and characteres. I think this is really good even though I am really confused by all the supernatural elements and what's real and not real.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

I'mma read it, but "most of the land was lost due to an earthquake" instantly broke my suspension of disbelief. Definitely up there among the most ridiculous excuses to have a particular setting.

last edited at Aug 21, 2021 11:38PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Love it! it's crazy... kinda hard to follow at times but really special

joined May 24, 2014

Shark girls?

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

CUDDLE THE FORBIDDEN BLAHAJ

joined Jun 6, 2021

This mangaka is just awful at assembling sequences of images to tell a story. The audience has to fight with each and every page.

X
joined Mar 20, 2020

Wait I know this artstyle.

Yeah it is.

I know what u mean

joined Jun 5, 2018

Imagine swimming butterfly, fully clothed, faster than gold medalist freestyling. Ok, well, not like I can question mermaids. Either way, the poses a really over the top sometimes, but I know their hentai, and then its really fitting, but in a normal story... its kinda nuts.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Actually, nevermind the guy above me, wielding swords in public is a lot more concerning!

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 4:06PM

joined Jun 5, 2018

What is the status of the manga? Is it being released one chapter at a time or is the translation released one chapter every month?

joined Jun 5, 2018

What a translator though, nice work. Although I dont agree that breaststroke is only for beginners. It depends on the discipline what youre allowed to swim, and tbh, during freestyle no one does breaststroke because it is indeed slow. (Id wager the heads up whatever front stroke is even slower, Ive never heared of that in competitive swimming). And from the few times i tried butterfly, its actually by far the most exhausting way to move - as you said. Btw, unfortunately, because it was outdoors, no one did swim on their back. This was my favourite discipline and the one I was fastest in.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Once again I have no idea what's going on in this story (except the translator's notes--those are great).

But I keep reading because this doesn't look like anything else.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm lost at words too, like, we are not sure if some of these characters are ghost or human or mermaids and then this mysterious girl at the bottom of the sea shows up, we don't get much time with her and now there's a new one, and for some reason this crazy girl had venom stuff in her eye so I'm like aaaaaaaalright then. But hey, panty flash! nice

The individual parts are really good, the attention to detail, art (really stylish) ambient and mystery (the translation notes help a lot, for example the different kind of swimming methods) but they're not put together very well. But now that the crazy stuff has been "defeated" and the factions have been introduced, maybe they will give us a breather and some talking next?

joined Oct 2, 2021

This Mangaka is a true artist.
Telling a coherent story seems to be a bit of an issue, but I'll keep coming back to look at all the pretty pictures.and hopefully the story will become a little clearer.

last edited at Nov 25, 2021 9:18AM

joined Jun 5, 2018

I didnt expect this to be here so quick. I dont think we'll get much closure anytime soon. The times skip didnt help.

To reply you must either login or sign up.