joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't understand anything.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't understand anything.

Nope, me neither.

Alterist Uploader
joined Jul 27, 2020

They'll explain some things in the next chapter, I swear.
I'll also put in a TL note to try and make somethings clearer

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

If you read all in one sit, it makes more sense... is just that there's a lot of new characters and they all seem to have their own agendas, well just glad the delinquents are out of the picture for now! plus the captain is cute so thank youuuuu!!! and wow these notes are highly detailed

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It's not that hard to understand, actually. The backstory is fairy simply. At some point in the past a huge earthquake made almost all landmasses of the world sink into the ocean. Now only a tiny portion of Japan is left. In other words, this is a post-apocalyptic world.

There is a supernatural element too. Spirits of the death and other supernatural entities seem to dwell in the sea. Probably the spirits of people who died during the earthquake or other disasters. The characters who are aware of these spirits call them "sea oddities."

Minato, the protagonist, is special because she seems to be possessed by a mermaid sea oddity. Maybe this is the reason she can see the true nature of the sea oddities around her.

Now in the latest chapters they introduced the two major factions at the academy. The Halcyon team who seem to regard the sea oddities as curses from the sea and are openly hostile towards them. The Halcyon team seem to be the main faction in the academy, sort of like a student council. On the other side there's the Guardian Club. They seem to have a more positive view on sea oddities. The president of the Guardian Club got interested in Minato since she saw her mermaid possession sea oddity in chapter 3, and they recruited Minato into the club.

I take it the rest of the story will focus on the ongoing conflict between the Halcyon team and the Guardian club, with Minato at the center of it all.

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 3:51PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's not that hard to understand, actually. The backstory is fairy simply. At some point in the past a huge earthquake made almost all landmasses of the world sink into the ocean. Now only a tiny portion of Japan is left. In other words, this is a post-apocalyptic world.

There is a supernatural element too. Spirits of the death and other supernatural entities seem to dwell in the sea. Probably the spirits of people who died during the earthquake or other disasters. The characters who are aware of these spirits call them "sea oddities."

Minato, the protagonist, is special because she seems to be possessed by a mermaid sea oddity. Maybe this is the reason she can see the true nature of the sea oddities around her.

Now in the latest chapters they introduced the two major factions in the academy. The Halcyon team who seem to regard the sea oddities as curses from the sea and are openly hostile towards them. The Halcyon team seem to be the main faction in the academy, sort of like a student council. On the other side there's the Guardian Club. They seem to have a more positive view on sea oddities. The president of the Guardian Club got interested in Minato since she saw her mermaid possession sea oddity in chapter 3, and they recruited Minato into the club.

I take it the rest of the story will focus on the ongoing conflict between the Halcyon team and the Guardian club, with Minato at the center of it all.

I actually did do a complete re-read of the series when the previous chapter was released, at which time it made a fair amount of sense, only to discover that I had forgotten much of the detail when reading the latest chapter. Post-apocalyptic sea-dominated world, sure, different factions at the academy, OK, the civilian delinquents, I do recall.

But for me there’s something about the visual style, framing, and pacing of the scenes that just makes the whole thing hard to follow. As I’ve said before, nothing else I read looks like this, which keeps me reading, but narrative clarity is not the strongest element here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.