Forum › The Beginning is Always Like This discussion

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

This is cute

sorry male friend,you don't have a chance i think

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I really find the male friend character pointless and frankly annoying. He’s only there to build some drama so mc can realise she likes tsundere girl.

I don't think it's a bad setup if handled properly. He's not interfering with the relationship right now, and he can act in two valuable ways: (1) being the catalyst for creating a relationship with a character the MC would normally not interact with, and (2) serving to highlight the positive qualities of the love interest in a way the MC might not have noticed on her own.
As long as he ends up supporting the relationship in the end, I'm in favor of his role in this story.

Personally, I hope he ends up as an actual character, not a tool in developing their relationship. As he is set up now, he is basically being set up as a combination of the victim of ntr and the "wingwoman"-type losing heroine in a harem romance story. Personally, I hate both types of characters (and stories, naturally), so I really hope he shows some backbone and doesn't end up as an inanimate background prop.

Nathaniel Kamb
Fjy7x0qaaaandi2
joined Apr 23, 2019

So, let´s do a small Analysis on this:
Let´s say you have a very good friend, this friend is such a good friend that you trust it to tell it about your sexual orientation, and even more, to ask it form a friendship with the person YOU LIKE, and then introduce it to you, even though you could have just asked it to create a situation in wich you would be able to talk to this person you like in the train you (luckily enough) two board.
... Well, let´s say everything goes well, your friend is able to from a friendly relationship with this person and this friend tells you that even though it´s personality is so closed and unsociable, they were somehow able to break through this and bring out the warm inside of that person THAT´S A CLEAR RED FLAG THAT SOMETHING´S HAPPENING BETWEEN THE TWO RIGHT? but let´s say that you´re as thick as the mantle (the thickest layer of the earth) and you don´t notice. you should have at least thought a bit about what could happen in the process ´till the two of you meet amirite? Just to prepare for it.
Now, let´s do a small quest: What could happen?

A. Your friend is straight, but that person isn´t, it falls in love with your friend, everything goes wrong there. Bad Ending
B. Your friend is not straight, that person is not straight, they fall in love, you end up alone... How could you be so stupid? If it was such a great friend then the possibilities for this happening were ridiculously high, think kiddo.
C. The person you like is straight, nothing happens, but well, life is like this sometimes, everyone moves on with their lives, including you.
D. The person you like is not straight, you two meet, fall in love. The best ending, good job (actually no, how fucking lucky can you be?)
E.You die. End

Secret ending: You knew already knew who that person is, and you knew this person was in love with this very good friend, so you made up an excuse just so this friend meets that person.

Nevertheless, this is good, let´s see how it goes : ].

wAIT jUst NotiCEd ThatS a BoY? Well fuck the time i took making this i ain´t changing it, just correct it in your mind.

last edited at Jul 17, 2021 1:54AM

Frog
joined Oct 14, 2020

is there more?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

is there more?

Doesn't seem like it. The last 3rd chapter is from Oct '20 and there hasn't been any new ones on the author's pixiv.

joined May 30, 2020

Sorry male friend, but I'm rooting for the Yuri route.

Aad1217ee03a84ae2f55ba2988d97f47
joined Nov 9, 2021

So, let´s do a small Analysis on this:
Let´s say you have a very good friend, this friend is such a good friend that you trust it to tell it about your sexual orientation, and even more, to ask it form a friendship with the person YOU LIKE, and then introduce it to you, even though you could have just asked it to create a situation in wich you would be able to talk to this person you like in the train you (luckily enough) two board.
... Well, let´s say everything goes well, your friend is able to from a friendly relationship with this person and this friend tells you that even though it´s personality is so closed and unsociable, they were somehow able to break through this and bring out the warm inside of that person THAT´S A CLEAR RED FLAG THAT SOMETHING´S HAPPENING BETWEEN THE TWO RIGHT? but let´s say that you´re as thick as the mantle (the thickest layer of the earth) and you don´t notice. you should have at least thought a bit about what could happen in the process ´till the two of you meet amirite? Just to prepare for it.
Now, let´s do a small quest: What could happen?

A. Your friend is straight, but that person isn´t, it falls in love with your friend, everything goes wrong there. Bad Ending
B. Your friend is not straight, that person is not straight, they fall in love, you end up alone... How could you be so stupid? If it was such a great friend then the possibilities for this happening were ridiculously high, think kiddo.
C. The person you like is straight, nothing happens, but well, life is like this sometimes, everyone moves on with their lives, including you.
D. The person you like is not straight, you two meet, fall in love. The best ending, good job (actually no, how fucking lucky can you be?)
E.You die. End

Secret ending: You knew already knew who that person is, and you knew this person was in love with this very good friend, so you made up an excuse just so this friend meets that person.

Nevertheless, this is good, let´s see how it goes : ].

wAIT jUst NotiCEd ThatS a BoY? Well fuck the time i took making this i ain´t changing it, just correct it in your mind.

lmfaoo evey fucking time there's always the "eesay guy" in dynasty scan's comment section

Aad1217ee03a84ae2f55ba2988d97f47
joined Nov 9, 2021

anyways the last update is like may (?) is it discontinued???

Img_20210826_205427
joined Jan 24, 2021

what happened to this ??

Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

The beginning is always like this... endless hiatus...

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

a pity there's no more of this, I rather like these "my girlfriend now" type of stories where the setup is seemingly straight but then the female protagonist ends up getting the girl instead.

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

ch3 is so tsundere that it was mentioned twice

Frog
joined Oct 14, 2020

;-; update when

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

The fact that it was promising and there is no ch.4…. ouch

Afterschooljpgg
joined Jan 9, 2021

At first I thought the male friend was just rather tomboy-ish and I was kinda happy that "her" being into that girl was not at all called into question or regarded as odd.

last edited at Sep 22, 2022 1:35PM

joined Apr 15, 2022

This looks promising i hope the author continues it

joined Mar 10, 2017

Any news about this?

joined Aug 29, 2016

I guess the translations were dropped.

A910a95122c2569c6910a7634dbeb7c6
joined Sep 10, 2023

The last chapter updated was on 2021...do I still have hopes?(;´_ゝ`)

To reply you must either login or sign up.