Forum › Citrus + discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So why would Yuzu need Mei's (as "prez") permission to go to Harumin's house on her birthday?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_august_3rd_part_2#7

This isn't school-related, and in terms of family hierarchy, isn't Yuzu technically the older step-sibling?

She's her girlfriend, though, so the idea is to make sure Mei is OK with Yuzu spending such an important day with someone else.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So why would Yuzu need Mei's (as "prez") permission to go to Harumin's house on her birthday?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_august_3rd_part_2#7

This isn't school-related, and in terms of family hierarchy, isn't Yuzu technically the older step-sibling?

She's her girlfriend, though, so the idea is to make sure Mei is OK with Yuzu spending such an important day with someone else.

Oh, that's right-- they're girlfriends.

Slipped my mind for some reason.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

You'd think by now Mei knows better and can see through Matsuri's little games, but she's surprisingly naive taking her "long-time lover" story at face value like that.

joined May 24, 2014

It's scary when mei walks towards her

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Honestly, Mei-Mei should just go with the '' I'm your present'' idea.

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Man...there's no winning against Matsuri. She's just too smart.

Also, Mei, the whole "I'm your present" idea? DO IT!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I actually liked this chapter pretty well. It's still the nervous, insecure Mei, but her uncertainty is fairly justified in this case. Matsuri's strategy of loosening up Mei by getting her on a flume ride was rather inventive, too.

But two questions:

1) What is that thing that's "very popular among high school girls"?

2) Are Matsuri and Mei really wandering around the mall at 1:30 AM?

No wonder there are no other human beings in sight.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I actually liked this chapter pretty well. It's still the nervous, insecure Mei, but her uncertainty is fairly justified in this case. Matsuri's strategy of loosening up Mei by getting her on a flume ride was rather inventive, too.

But two questions:

No wonder there are no other human beings in sight.

It looks like a small portable fan, I've seen them around a lot . I might be wrong though, I can't quite tell.

last edited at Aug 19, 2021 12:31PM

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

I think it is like a mini speaker or something

Yeah that is too weird, because of their age and because that, in my country at least, malls close at 9 p.m

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Pardun, is no-one gonna talk about the "long-time" lover Matsuri's mentioned??? Is it just a lie or is she referring to Harumin?

6bd3db98-054c-4a81-aedf-738fc03f1eae_4_5005_c
joined Feb 10, 2021

Pardun, is no-one gonna talk about the "long-time" lover Matsuri's mentioned??? Is it just a lie or is she referring to Harumin?

Probably a lie but with Matsuri who knows lol. I actually thought Harumin was going to appear and maybe address the whole kiss thing (as far as I know they never did)

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Mei, just take that ribbon idea and go with it, don't hesitate and just do it

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That's the big question, but I don't think at this point that anybody has much evidence to answer it one way or another.

Possibilities:

1) It's someone we don't know and have never seen. Very highly unlikely--if there were such a person, why wouldn't she think of them when she's so bored (and playing romance games)?

The rest of the possibilities aren't "real" relationships, but some form of wishful thinking/speaking figuratively on Matsuri's part.

2) It's Yuzu. We've had indications early on that she had a crush on Yuzu, but overall she seems to see her as more of a Big Sis than as a love object.

3) It's Harumin. There have been plenty of indications that Matsuri has a significant romantic interest in Harumin, but they can hardly be said to be "in a relationship."

4) It's nobody, and she's flat out lying, for any number of possible reasons: to hide her lack of actual romantic experience, to hide her interest in Harumin, etc.

5) The fact that she says she "always has been" in this supposed relationship suggests it might even be about something from before we first met her, which could even be her family (i.e., taking care of her little brother), although that seems excessively corny and sentimental, given what we know about Matsuri.

Since all we can do is wait for more evidence, it may primarily be bait to keep readers speculating about what will happen with Matsuri.

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

That's the big question, but I don't think at this point that anybody has much evidence to answer it one way or another.

Possibilities:

1) It's someone we don't know and have never seen. Very highly unlikely--if there were such a person, why wouldn't she think of them when she's so bored (and playing romance games)?

The rest of the possibilities aren't "real" relationships, but some form of wishful thinking/speaking figuratively on Matsuri's part.

2) It's Yuzu. We've had indications early on that she had a crush on Yuzu, but overall she seems to see her as more of a Big Sis than as a love object.

3) It's Harumin. There have been plenty of indications that Matsuri has a significant romantic interest in Harumin, but they can hardly be said to be "in a relationship."

4) It's nobody, and she's flat out lying, for any number of possible reasons: to hide her lack of actual romantic experience, to hide her interest in Harumin, etc.

5) The fact that she says she "always has been" in this supposed relationship suggests it might even be about something from before we first met her, which could even be her family (i.e., taking care of her little brother), although that seems excessively corny and sentimental, given what we know about Matsuri.

Since all we can do is wait for more evidence, it may primarily be bait to keep readers speculating about what will happen with Matsuri.

I assumed she meant her experience with dating simulators, like the one she's playing at the beginning of the chapter.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I assumed she meant her experience with dating simulators, like the one she's playing at the beginning of the chapter.

This is how i understood it as well

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is how i understood it as well

Unless the translation is misleading somehow, that doesn't really work with the statement, "I've been in a relationship with someone for a long time now. Always have been." That is, the queen of the dating simulations would have been in many short-term "relationships."

Unless she means that she's always been in a relationship with her computer, and that seems weird even for Matsuri.

Probably a lie but with Matsuri who knows lol. I actually thought Harumin was going to appear and maybe address the whole kiss thing (as far as I know they never did)

Matsuri is referring to the visual novel game's she's been playing & there all just so
happened about dating being a self-proclaimed expert in that area. Now regards to addressing the kiss between Harumi & Matsuri it will probably addressed later on in the series. I wouldn't worry too much on that the thing between Harumi and Matsuri brewing for a long time & Saburo Uta have been giving loads of hints that she's planning on bringing them together as a couple.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I smell a liar.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I smell a liar.

On a literal level, unless Sabu is initiating a massive retcon, I don’t think there’s much chance of anything else.

To me, “I’m in a long-term relationship with my dating sims” just seems incredibly pathetic for Matsuri’s character.

last edited at Aug 19, 2021 8:17PM

joined Apr 28, 2019

Yuzu would fucking die if she saw Mei like that

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Yeah, she's definitely lying or talking about Harumin. We would've heard something about that before now. Not really sure why she'd lie about that though. Showing off? Trying to convince Mei that she knows what she's talking about?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I had hoped for a Harumin + Matsuri chapter and instead we just get this ugh
I mean its okay but this whole birthday thing has really been drawn out hasn't it?

Also, this is what happens when Mei notices Matsuri

last edited at Aug 19, 2021 8:28PM

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

Mei in the last panel looks like thanking a senpai. I like it.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

It's definitely a lie lol, she probably just said that on a whim because she was bored and wanted an excuse to mess around with Mei, knowing she's super gullible when it comes to love, I mean cmon just look at that face.

last edited at Aug 19, 2021 9:55PM

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Considering how Mei and Matsuri’s first couple of interactions went this was a nice little chapter between them.

To reply you must either login or sign up.