Forum › You are totally in love with me, aren't you? discussion

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Sayaka is trying really hard to get Mako to admit her feelings, maybe she should just take the first step?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

...what?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

This mangaka... is realy bad at finishing.
Her chapter wrappings, her punchlines, are always so weak.
Like this one: incomprehensible, not even funny.

It was a subversion of expectations, how is it incomprehensible?

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Mako isn't in love, she's NORMAL

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Oooh girl I wanna normal you so bad
Sayaka probably

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Maybe Sayaka is trying to get her to confess first because she thinks whoever confesses first loses

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

That wasn't normal.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Clearly it's time for some Bugs Bunny tactics:

-"You are totally normal, aren't you?"
-"I love you!"

joined Dec 13, 2020

This mangaka... is realy bad at finishing.
Her chapter wrappings, her punchlines, are always so weak.
Like this one: incomprehensible, not even funny.

It was a subversion of expectations, how is it incomprehensible?

Sayaka has asked that question scores of times. Typical answer is "just normal" but "yeah" is possible too, she said it once. (In her dreams, if she was to say it knowingly the manga would end.) What doesn't make sense is for her to get angry our of the blue and refuse to answer. Since when Sayaka's question is so insulting that it prompts that sorta reaction?
Weak finisher: for the sake of a subversion of expectations, she makes a development like this with no explaining and no understanding.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Weak finisher: for the sake of a subversion of expectations, she makes a development like this with no explaining and no understanding.

So uh... you ever read manga before? It's not funny because it's not a punchline, it's a cliffhanger. First time you've ever seen one?

joined Jul 23, 2019

It's not funny because it's not a punchline, it's a cliffhanger.

In a 4-koma?

joined Apr 8, 2021

In a 4-koma?

This isn't a 4koma, and even 4komas can have cliffhangers at the rare times they decide to progress the plot.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

This isn't a 4koma

A 4-pager then; even tinier.

and even 4komas can have cliffhangers at the rare times they decide to progress the plot.

I don't find even the tiniest hint that this is a cliffhanger. All I see here is a cheap weak joke. You're supposed to think 'oh, she expected her confession and instead got her irked ha ha how funny' and next chapter we are be back to statu quo. Where did you pull that cliffhanger idea from?

joined Apr 8, 2021

A 4-pager then; even tinier.

I don't know what you think a 4koma is, but koma means "panel". It refers to a shortform comic format in which each segment is 4 small panels, not unlike many Western newspaper comics and webcomics.

Where did you pull that cliffhanger idea from?

This is the first sign of relationship advancement in the entire series; an attempt by Sayaka to see if Mako's actially interested. That, combined with the unexpected and unexplained response, leaves the reader wanting to know what happens next and why Mako responded in such a strange way. I don't know how you can call that anything but a cliffhanger. What do you think a cliffhanger is if not that?

Edit: Although on rereading I think it might actually be a punchline after all. My guess is that Mako is annoyed because obviously she loves Sayaka so why would she even feel the need to ask such a question? But Sayaka doesn't realise that and the joke is that misunderstanding of each other. If this turns out to be the case I can understand the disappointment with this chapter, but this is mid-story-arc so I was assuming the next release would continue from here and not revert to status quo.

last edited at Jul 23, 2021 7:31PM

De
joined Jun 14, 2021

a twui

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Silly girl, you can't assault the willing!

Also, laying together back-to-side in her room every day through summer. #JustGalsBeingPals

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

A love hotel mood. <3
Well tbh a lot of people rent karaoke rooms to do naughty things. With the door and curtains closed and the music at full blast you have complete privacy, and it's usually cheaper than a hotel room.

last edited at Aug 6, 2021 4:48PM

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

"Why arent you assaulting me? Are you gay or something?"

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

its getting steamy my friendos

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Surely any assaulting between you two would go the other way...

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

What if she had said “and what would you do if I did assault you here?”

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Sayaka's wearing some top tier lesbian fashion this chapter

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Mako feeling naughty....that's just normal

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

That was a good one! We haven't had a "normal" joke in a while.

fsadddfsa Uploader
Collectible_dark_prince's_crown_icon
goon squad
joined Apr 11, 2021

she just normals her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.