Forum › Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki discussion

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

We need a tag for romance with the landlord!

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Diverse character designs, strong personalities, and an adult cohabitation premise that isn't dreadfully realistic? This could be really good!

joined May 29, 2021

Let’s hope they don’t bring the ex back for drama.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I'm just gonna leave this here...

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

So far I'm loving the series, thanks for the translation!

The former idol cliche is super overdone at this point but I just love adult yuri stories . Count me in !

Out of all my years reading Yuri I don't think I've seen the former idol plot beat "that" many times. At least not in Yuri specifically, so personally I'm fine with it. Also I think with how being an Idol is a big dream in Japan, and there's a often major problems with being an Idol, that a former Idol narrative makes sense for a Japanese series to have. Kind of reminds of the "American Dream" not working out type of narrative in American media. Both types of narratives are still relevant in current day.

It's just a trope I've seen too many times for my liking, not just in the yuri genre specifically.

Well that's unfortunate but fair enough. Again I personally don't think it's that over used, even in general manga and Japanese media. I also don't let tropes and clichés bother me unless it's something specifically negative or harmful. So even if it's used more than I'm aware of it's not going to put a damper on this manga for me. Hopefully you're still able to enjoy the manga despite one of the characters being tied to something you dislike.

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Uwaaah, I had so many thoughts in my head but yeah this is interesting. I'm actually tired of jk yuris and been looking for adult life yuri that isn't webtoon so I'm glad I just found something!

joined Oct 6, 2020

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

Retired idol and mangaka is probably the two most popular statuses for manga characters lol

Still enjoyed this one a lot

joined May 29, 2021

Retired idol and mangaka is probably the two most popular statuses for manga characters lol

OL is probably more popular than mangaka.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Well I read manga of pretty much every genre, and I barely see Retired Idols. So it's interesting that people keeping saying it's one of the top ones. Ah well haha

last edited at Jul 2, 2021 10:56PM

joined May 10, 2021

Adults yuri? Heck yes!

X10
joined Jul 14, 2017

Thank you!

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I’d say OL and mangaka are about the same in terms of prevalence, in fact, it feels like a loooot of adult centered yuri manga focus on a stay at home mangaka girlfriend and a competent but overworked business woman.

joined Sep 27, 2017

I’d say OL and mangaka are about the same in terms of prevalence, in fact, it feels like a loooot of adult centered yuri manga focus on a stay at home mangaka girlfriend and a competent but overworked business woman.

I think it's kinda split down the middle from what I've seen. Between "stay at home mangaka with girlfriend that has work outside the home", and "two OL dating". Sometimes you'll get other dynamics, but those are the main two I'm the most familiar with.

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 1:59AM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

The former idol cliche is super overdone at this point but I just love adult yuri stories . Count me in !

Out of all my years reading Yuri I don't think I've seen the former idol plot beat "that" many times. At least not in Yuri specifically, so personally I'm fine with it. Also I think with how being an Idol is a big dream in Japan, and there's a often major problems with being an Idol, that a former Idol narrative makes sense for a Japanese series to have. Kind of reminds of the "American Dream" not working out type of narrative in American media. Both types of narratives are still relevant in current day.

It's just a trope I've seen too many times for my liking, not just in the yuri genre specifically.

I can understand that. But I think it'd be a bit unfair if every trope other genres beat to death becomes off limits to yuri because they didn't get to it in time.

joined Sep 27, 2017

I can understand that. But I think it'd be a bit unfair if every trope other genres beat to death becomes off limits to yuri because they didn't get to it in time.

I think the best example of this is Isekai. Basically something that started as a trope and became so huge that it became it's own genre. Everyone and their mom knows it's been one of the biggest genres for some years now, if not the biggest. It's only semi-recently that we've tapped into Isekai with female leads, and also Yuri focused ones. If Isekai was off limits because it's so common we wouldn't have gotten amazing Yuri series like "I Favor The Villainess".

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 2:41AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I was so hyped up when I realised who the author was and then it turns out to be another manga about a mangaka.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Wow, I think this is the best new series that came up, out of the three (I remember), meaning My Girlfriend is not here today (I think it was called, the one with the cheating, or at least obviously coming soon) and the one with the blackmail and the compensated dating (the girl who wanted to get the scholarship so she blackmailed the no.1 but the no.1 went like "I'm the best at sex" meaning something I didn't get at all).

I love this kinda plot, is rather rare. And the MC too, I love her expressions and personality. About the former idol, well.. guess we will wait and see cause, right now, she just seem like a nuisance for the MC.

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 3:40AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I was so hyped up when I realised who the author was and then it turns out to be another manga about a mangaka.

Not even. She's an editor.

At least, she's not an OL.

joined Mar 26, 2021

Count me in, in this one, it's already look good and Its about two adults thats on the plus, recently there are many about jk.
The main character is looking good, she decided to be single well let's just say she was for one day. And that Landlord is cute as well, she look like Miyako from that photo, is she the same person, if so then who she really is or was. Another retired idol. Well I think i will be enjoying this, for now I still don't get the title but whatever

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'll just leave this here.

Nathaniel Kamb
Fjy7x0qaaaandi2
joined Apr 23, 2019

Oh boy, are we in for a ride.

There is no landlord in existence who's actually good, the girl should've seen it coming, she was too good to be a decent human being

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Will this be a slow burn?

joined Jul 24, 2020

I'll drop this immediately if the idol girl will be just using Asako

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Considering how crazy idol fans could be, I’m surprised no one’s found her yet considering she only dyed her hair and didn’t do much else, like MC wasn’t even a fan but recognized her after her friend sent her a picture of her former self, I would’ve thought a stalker fan would’ve already found her already.

To reply you must either login or sign up.