joined Mar 6, 2021

ALL LANDLORDS ARE BASTARDS

NewtMarshmallow
29216120_985796631584578_7844572378056777434_n
joined Nov 5, 2017

Such a huge sucker for looks

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

The former idol cliche is super overdone at this point but I just love adult yuri stories . Count me in !

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Ooo I'm lookin forward to this'n

Fdf6fcfd-9ce6-4d0b-afb3-9d2db0c7c75c
joined May 7, 2020

Pats comic I LIKE this
I would like more!

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Curb your individualism

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Looks fun! I'm in

joined Jan 7, 2020

Absolutely great art, totally in!

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

this art is beautiful

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Holy shit I love this premise and I love the protag. It is not often we get a protagonist who is already gay and had a break up just before the story.

Also that "misunderstanding" hits way too close to home for me. I frigging hate the guessing game even if I get it right by some miracle. Just tell me what is gonna happen from the top dammit.

Also also I love their wardrobe. Soooo comfy looking.

last edited at Jul 2, 2021 6:24PM

joined Apr 8, 2021

This girl is way too weak to cute girls. But then again, who isn't?

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

So far I'm loving the series, thanks for the translation!

The former idol cliche is super overdone at this point but I just love adult yuri stories . Count me in !

Out of all my years reading Yuri I don't think I've seen the former idol plot beat "that" many times. At least not in Yuri specifically, so personally I'm fine with it. Also I think with how being an Idol is a big dream in Japan, and there's a often major problems with being an Idol, that a former Idol narrative makes sense for a Japanese series to have. Kind of reminds of the "American Dream" not working out type of narrative in American media. Both types of narratives are still relevant in current day.

joined Oct 11, 2019

Out of all my years reading Yuri I don't think I've seen the former idol plot beat "that" many times. At least not in Yuri specifically, so personally I'm fine with it. Also I think with how being an Idol is a big dream in Japan, and there's a often major problems with being an Idol, that a former Idol narrative makes sense for a Japanese series to have. Kind of reminds of the "American Dream" not working out type of narrative in American media. Both types of narratives are still relevant in current day.

There've been a few on Dynasty recently, so I can see how it would feel like a bit of an oversaturation currently. Plus a lot of them are the same kind of "I'm an idol or just recently stopped and also I just happen to be your/your friend's favorite and oh what a coincidence that we meet and now I'm inexplicably drawn to you." Big wish fulfillment vibes rather than just treating idol as a job one of them happens to have.

It's less dealing with the nuances of modern culture and more "my mom just sold me to One Direction"

last edited at Jul 2, 2021 7:04PM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

There've been a few on Dynasty recently, so I can see how it would feel like a bit of an oversaturation currently. Plus a lot of them are the same kind of "I'm an idol or just recently stopped and also I just happen to be your/your friend's favorite and oh what a coincidence that we meet and now I'm inexplicably drawn to you." Big wish fulfillment vibes rather than just treating idol as a job one of them happens to have.

It's less dealing with the nuances of modern culture and more "my mom just sold me to One Direction"

Well I've been reading all Yuri coming out on Dynasty for awhile now, and somehow I'm not recalling many series with the narrative. So it at least doesn't feel oversaturated to me. However maybe I'm wrong and somehow the narrative is in every other recent Yuri series...I just missed it or completely forgot? Seems strange to me as my memory is pretty good haha

Also this series doesn't read like Wish Fulfillment to me. Life is full of funny little coincidences, and I don't think it's unrealistic. So too each their own, I'm going to keep reading and enjoying this series.

last edited at Jul 2, 2021 7:13PM

joined Dec 1, 2016

oh yes another adult life manga

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

OH. Oh no. Ohhhh BOY. She's gonna be in for one hell of a ride!! I'm looking forward to seeing this story develop!

Homu2
joined Mar 23, 2015

Landlord-chan looks cute

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

Well I've been reading all Yuri coming out on Dynasty for awhile now, and somehow I'm not recalling many series with the narrative. So it at least doesn't feel oversaturated to me. However maybe I'm wrong and somehow the narrative is in every other recent Yuri series...I just missed it or completely forgot? Seems strange to me as my memory is pretty good haha

Also this series doesn't read like Wish Fulfillment to me. Life is full of funny little coincidences, and I don't think it's unrealistic. So too each their own, I'm going to keep reading and enjoying this series.

There was one former idol in If you could see love, but otherwise I don't really remember a lot of them

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Protagonist got caught by her new pet.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

Wait... this is only a oneshot? This feels like a series!!! We haven't even reached the plot yet!
Edit: Nvm. It just got updated. I was almost very upset.

last edited at Jul 2, 2021 8:11PM

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

“I’m going to enjoy my new single life”

I hate to admit it but you are the protagonist of a yuri manga, good luck Suga-san…

So was her ex also an idol who disappeared or were they talking about Miyako the whole time

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

I hate to admit it but you are the protagonist of a yuri manga, good luck Suga-san…

So was her ex also an idol who disappeared or were they talking about Miyako the whole time

I'm sure the landlord is the Idol. The ex broke up with MC while the news of the retirement of the idol was announced. Ex is irrelevant unless she comes crawling back.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I'm sure the landlord is the Idol. The ex broke up with MC while the news of the retirement of the idol was announced. Ex is irrelevant unless she comes crawling back.

Okay that makes more sense lmao, I thought she had an idol ex and an idol love interest lol

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

So far I'm loving the series, thanks for the translation!

It's just a trope I've seen too many times for my liking, not just in the yuri genre specifically.

last edited at Jul 2, 2021 8:23PM

Qazedctgb443
joined Apr 10, 2019

I'm just surprised that the breakup at the start was with a girl, I feel like pretty much every adult life Yuri I've read with a breakup at the start is always a straight relationship.

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 5:55PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.