Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

joined Jan 6, 2017

LN spoiler Not fucking Lambert aaaaaahhhh I hate that guy and his story and his ship with all my heart

I am glad that we finally got to see the little slimey daughter I love her so much

Why the Lambert hate? I thought he was neat (although not developed enough)

I don't know but I think it's because of the fear/hate of incest thing. that's actually not a reason to hate him

WN Spoiler: He's not that bad compared to Manaria. Thankfully, the story gets better again after her arc. I still love this story overall, don't get me wrong. Highly recommend to people.

I love Manaria. She was really fun and her arc is one of the best ones for Rei and Claire's relationship.

where i can read the novel? am curious about these spoilers

https://jingletranslations.wordpress.com/i-favor-the-villainess/

joined Oct 22, 2020

Finished the WN sequel and I hope that gets in the manga as well, as controversial as some of the plot choices were. So many things in it seem like they'd work better seen rather than told

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

I'm just gonna say right now, Relaire is THE cutest slime I have ever seen. Imagine if she grew to human size and took the combined appearance of Claire and Rei...that would be amazing.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Please consider voting for Inori-sensei's light novel for comic awards:

https://mobile.twitter.com/inori_narou/status/1390872465753083907

last edited at May 12, 2021 4:18PM

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

Ah Japanese...I cant read noodles XD So I am very grateful for SSE for official translations of Yuri. And the link seems to not work on my side :(

Her Fanbox is hyper translated and every post has an english version lower down. Also it has official bonus chapters you'd only see there. Although the Seven Seas LN translations also have their own set of exclusive extra chapters, so some people support via all routes.

I bought the first vol from SSE and then I saw some people comments in here that they removed some paragraphs about Rae's character depth... Makes me want to try Inori's fanbox instead. Does fanbox and SSE have any difference in terms of translation?

joined Jan 6, 2017

Ah Japanese...I cant read noodles XD So I am very grateful for SSE for official translations of Yuri. And the link seems to not work on my side :(

Her Fanbox is hyper translated and every post has an english version lower down. Also it has official bonus chapters you'd only see there. Although the Seven Seas LN translations also have their own set of exclusive extra chapters, so some people support via all routes.

I bought the first vol from SSE and then I saw some people comments in here that they removed some paragraphs about Rae's character depth... Makes me want to try Inori's fanbox instead. Does fanbox and SSE have any difference in terms of translation?

The fanbox didn't do as much localisation (like, for example, they spell Rei's name correctly instead of the abomination that is "Rae" /hj). Or at least they didn't last time I checked it, might've changed since then

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

The fanbox didn't do as much localisation (like, for example, they spell Rei's name correctly instead of the abomination that is "Rae" /hj). Or at least they didn't last time I checked it, might've changed since then

I think calling it abomination was a bit too much. In SSE ver, Rei is her name in her old world then she became Rae in Revolution world. I think the change of spelling means she wasn't meant to be Japanese anymore. Not sure, just my own assumption.

Anyways, her fanbox link doesn't work on my side. It said "No internet connection." But it was workin fine. I think it has some region restriction or somethin? Shame, I would really like to support her there too. I thoroughly enjoyed the two volumes, albeit, not done readin yet. So glad I bought it. Now, I'm gonna collect the manga version too cause I love the art!

PS. Really hoping for Dynasty to have a notification feature.

joined Jan 6, 2017

I think calling it abomination was a bit too much. In SSE ver, Rei is her name in her old world then she became Rae in Revolution world. I think the change of spelling means she wasn't meant to be Japanese anymore. Not sure, just my own assumption.

I was certainly exaggerating but also seeing the word "Rae" does physically hurt me. It just looks so fucking ugly (also my brain just can't see it as "rei" so I'm constantly mispronouncing her name).
"Ray" would've been much much better (also it would match with Mei's localised name so 2 points)

And the change in spelling was in the original as well. Oohashi's name is in kanji while Taylor's is in katakana. I just happen to despise the spelling they ended up going with

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

"Ray" would've been much much better (also it would match with Mei's localised name so 2 points)

Isn't "Ray" usually a male name, though? Not sure how much better that would be...

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

On the other hand, hearing "Rae" I can't really think of anyone else than Colin McRae :P

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I know I've heard "Rae" at least once before, probably a singer, IIRC...

joined Jan 6, 2017

Isn't "Ray" usually a male name, though? Not sure how much better that would be...

Technically yes, but also any name can be gender neutral so who cares. What matters is that it looks better than "Rae"

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

Technically yes, but also any name can be gender neutral so who cares. What matters is that it looks better than "Rae"

Rae doesn't look that bad. It actually sounds kinda European.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Rae doesn't look that bad. It actually sounds kinda European.

Pretty sure it's Middle Eastern in origin. Either way, I hate it so much I decided to not buy the official English Novel (and everyone knows my subjective opinions are facts /j)

joined May 24, 2021

One of my top 5 Yuri mangas of all time, need more!!!

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

So, in the past few days, I totally fell in love with the LN after finishing volume 2. And now I intend to also buy the third installment. I am also subscribed to Inori-sama both in her Fanbox and Ko-fi. I wanted to help her earn more money, the best I can. So please do so if you can. She started writing the first act in Claire's pov and it's so wonderful.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

So, in the past few days, I totally fell in love with the LN after finishing volume 2. And now I intend to also buy the third installment. I am also subscribed to Inori-sama both in her Fanbox and Ko-fi. I wanted to help her earn more money, the best I can. So please do so if you can. She started writing the first act in Claire's pov and it's so wonderful.

You have heart! You should come join Jingle's discord server and discuss the Claire PoV story

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

You have heart! You should come join Jingle's discord server and discuss the Claire PoV story

Oh wow, I'm honored. Thank you very much!

joined Jan 14, 2020

PS. Really hoping for Dynasty to have a notification feature.

It does. Subscribed list.

Azusa_aizawa_ln_mugshot
joined Apr 22, 2018

I thought Rei were very funny in LN. But after saw all of her reactions on her face in every chap of manga I couldn't stop laughing lol. She is really a natural clown and an excellent chess master, one of the most favourite characters I like so far

joined May 9, 2021

Claire said she's straight, I don't think that it's gonna work then. :/

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Claire said she's straight, I don't think that it's gonna work then. :/

Many have said that and been wrong.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

I can't wait for some more of this, this is so good!! I love their dynamic, and at the same time it fucking hurts!!! the good kind of hurt (╥﹏╥)

last edited at Jun 19, 2021 2:42AM

Ezisrudvkaylvds
joined Jan 19, 2021

I can't wait for some more of this, this is so good!! I love their dynamic, and at the same time it fucking hurts!!! the good kind of hurt (╥﹏╥)

Just waiting for redraws to be done and we can post chapter 11, sorry for the delay!

20230106_011143
joined Mar 8, 2018

Chapter 11 title seems a bit weird..?

*Edit: It's fixed now, yay

last edited at Jun 23, 2021 9:23PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.