Forum › Because You Dazzled Me discussion

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Akie still needs to learn what's the right mood for a kiss, but besides that she got the dating aspect perfectly, that was a successful date.

Really curious how the "battles" work.

Maybe they get scored by how many people they can knock into Precious-arrest

Well more likely it Will be a popularity contest with different deciplines

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Knight heron calling out the difficult truths of the genre

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

This story is cute and I like it so far, but there are so many series like this tagged as comedy that don't even seem like they're attempting to be funny.

b0undarybreaker
C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

Another super cute chapter! Credit where credit is due, page 2's magnificent redraw is courtesy of CrispyCk!

joined Feb 1, 2021

Akie still needs to learn what's the right mood for a kiss, but besides that she got the dating aspect perfectly, that was a successful date.

Gonna be shonen AF. Power levels, burning passion, commentators describing their moves, the works.

Deux%20points%20d%c3%a9
joined Mar 31, 2021

This series really deserves its wholesome tag

joined Apr 6, 2021

Wow only 3 chs in but so much potential!

joined Apr 6, 2021

Wow only 3 chs in but so much potential!

joined Jan 22, 2015

I just got an unexpected whiff of yandere.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

the credits page sent me

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

This concept is pretty cool, and also the main two are cute as heck.

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

So this is how heaven looks, eh

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Gonna be shonen AF. Power levels, burning passion, commentators describing their moves, the works.

Lesbian sex shonen edition?

I did actually see a Futa battle tournament doujin that was over 100 pages recently...it was pretty wild heh

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Just too cute. Send Help

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Lesbian sex shonen edition?

Already exists

b0undarybreaker
C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

y'all I gotta say I'm so happy with how that title page turned out, I managed to find the exact font they used for the green text lmao

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

That was a shorter battle than expected, but it was still extremely adorable before and after.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

The idea of game-ifying a relationship terrifies me lol

Somehow I made it to chapter 4 before I realized how weirdly messed up this concept is

last edited at Jul 7, 2021 1:17PM

joined May 15, 2021

The idea of game-ifying a relationship terrifies me lol

Somehow I made it to chapter 4 before I realized how weirdly messed up this concept is

I think its cute, like a representation of what the readers are when they see a cute couple in a manga/anime/novel

joined Apr 8, 2021

I think its cute, like a representation of what the readers are when they see a cute couple in a manga/anime/novel

This. It's about putting yuri on display for the world to see, who 'wins' or 'loses' doesn't matter so long as everyone gets to watch cute gays.

joined Sep 27, 2017

This. It's about putting yuri on display for the world to see, who 'wins' or 'loses' doesn't matter so long as everyone gets to watch cute gays.

It's also not meant to be taken seriously, at least so far it's a very lighthearted romance-comedy.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Wow. Anime, and manga REALLY hammer home, the concept, that girls need to be good cooks. In fact It would be hard to find a long running shoujo anime/manga series that doesn't have at least one story arc involving the main characters either practicing, or displaying their culinary skills.

last edited at Jul 7, 2021 11:08PM

joined Sep 27, 2017

Wow. Anime, and manga REALLY hammer home, the concept, that girls need to be good cooks. In fact It would be hard to find a long running shoujo anime/manga series that doesn't have at least one story arc involving the main characters either practicing, or displaying their culinary skills.

In fairness I know a TON of anime & manga where the male character(s) are/also great cooks. I think Japan in general values food & cooking, which as a foodie who loves cooking I'm here for it.

I also think it's a pretty common idea in many cultures that great food with friends & family is a good time. Which as you can guess I very much agree with, I love Holidays and cooking for others :D

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

In fairness I know a TON of anime & manga where the male character(s) are/also great cooks. I think Japan in general values food & cooking, which as a foodie who loves cooking I'm here for it.

I also think it's a pretty common idea in many cultures that great food with friends & family is a good time. Which as you can guess I very much agree with, I love Holidays and cooking for others :D

Maybe you're right, but honestly the only examples of male characters that can cook, I can think of, are ones that are either studying to be chefs, or as a gender role swap thing. And I don't know of any male characters that studied cooking solely so he could "cook delicious food for the girl he liked".

I've had a long standing hatred of the girl cooking to please her man trope, ever since my Ranma 1/2 fandom days. Akane was always desperately trying to learn to cook for Ranma, despite the fact Ranma was a good cook already.
When Ranma's mom said she knew Akane was just trying to cook something to make Ranma smile, I angrily thought, why can't Ranma cook something to make Akane smile?!

EDIT: Can anyone name ANY anime/manga series with a chapter where a bunch of guys get together just to cook? For example, to make the girls they like homemade sweets for white day. (Food anime/manga, and yaoi don't count for obvious reasons.)

last edited at Jul 8, 2021 5:57AM

b0undarybreaker
C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

yeah there's definitely a homemaker trope at play and it's kinda tiring, it's just done in so much

To reply you must either login or sign up.