Forum › Liberty discussion

joined Apr 6, 2021

Alright I just found and read this series in 30 minutes. I really liked it at the start, very interesting and the characters definitely grabbed my attention. The stuff about the guitar earrings and Liz’s ex were alright and I found the slave contract thing was funny enough as well. I was hooked on the series from the moment Liz was almost run over.

However, I feel that since the ex gf came back into the story, the quality has taken quite a dip. Liz is very frustrating to watch and her ex is just a manipulative piece of shit. It’s nearly impossible to sympathize with Liz at this point, and all the jokes in the comments about her having a meeting with Truck-Kun are proof of that. Not to mention that the plot became incredibly cliche and predictable the moment we found out what kind of character the ex is. It’s the same old character who did a terrible thing to their girlfriend, leaves their lives for a period of time, then expects to get back together with that same girlfriend the moment they show up again. All the while disregarding the impact of their terrible actions and using underhanded tactics to get what they want. I feel like I’ve seen this archetype a hundred times in romance/drama and at some point it just gets frustrating. The same thing goes for maki because while I still like her somewhat, the whole “constantly anxious over my relationship” archetype is annoying and pretty overused as well. The release schedule and lack of pages aren’t doing it any favours, but I’ll probably donate a bit to the official release just to see if they might give this series a couple more pages every three months.

I sincerely hope that the authors can turn this thing around and get me invested again. Have Liz do something to get me on her side again, have Maki grow a pair and confront Liz, and have the ex get told off and put in her place. I also hope that this series isn’t gonna be just 20 or so chapters because I would feel pretty cheated if over half the series was spent focusing on this ex gf stuff. Though I gotta say, it’s really not a good thing that I’m already prepping myself to feel frustrated at how this is gonna end lol. I’m gonna keep following this one and I’m gonna try to have some optimism, cause I was genuinely invested for the first 8 chapters or so.

last edited at Apr 22, 2021 6:23AM

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

The next chapter is going to be a spicy one.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Ohoho, the cave lion woke up! Liz is in deep shit! Next chapter we'll meet the new proud, swaggering, self-esteeming, taking-shit-from-nobody Maki!

... yeah right, lol. You wish.

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

Maki suddenly taking a stand and breaking up with her would be nice but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Maki still fights for Liz and waits for Liz to choose her.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Oh, it's that story everybody hates again.... Let's see what enfuriating deeds and unlikeable characters this chapter will bring us...

Edit. It's so obvious Maki will simp again... Seriously... Whoever created this trash should do the universe a favor and retire...

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 9:20PM

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

that bitch liz just go to hell pls

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

I know it's petty, but I only come to this thread to shit on Liz and see other people do the same. So while I'm here, fuck Liz, that cheating POS. I'll be mald AF if Maki and Liz end up together.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

is doormat-chan no longer going to be a doormat!?!?!?!?!

joined Dec 8, 2018

And it's back! Now we need to wait an other 4 months.

So I expect one of four things to happen:

• Maki is going to walk past Liz and hit the manager (highly doubtful in what I've read of this story so far)
  • Maki is going to hit Liz and say it's over, and then it's skips over to a few years later with hopefully Liz career being in ruin and Maki living a better live...but it's Momono Moto so that a no no.
  • Maki is going to hit Liz and gives her an ultimatum.
  • Maki is going to walk past Liz and keeps on walking. End of story. Lol and seeing is Momono Moto this has a high change right? ;p

Oh well we'll see.....

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 9:43PM

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Not this crap again.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Welp. I wonder how this trainwreck is gonna go.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I think this entire series can be summed up with, "For Fuck's Sake".

EnjoyTheNoise
Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

This cliffhanger is citrus level of bullshit lmao

Remember that we can have shit like this giga forced drama, but gems like Pocha Climb end axed. Sad life.

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 10:14PM

cerocincocero
joined May 11, 2018

Lmfao

joined Aug 21, 2015

Man so good but so short here go another 4 months

11143587_983945991615710_6019435042284427906_n
joined Jan 29, 2015

Imma drop this lmao it became really shitty

joined Apr 6, 2021

This cliffhanger is citrus level of bullshit lmao

Remember that we can have shit like this giga forced drama, but gems like Pocha Climb end axed. Sad life.

The truest comment I’ve ever seen lol

Anyway, here’s my obligatory “Liz is the fucking worst” comment for the chapter. Praying Maki finally does something lmao
See ya again in 4 months!

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 11:21PM

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

You know the feeling when you hate a manga so much but read it anyways? Yeah that's the one for me

joined Oct 15, 2014

At this rate I'm just waiting for the break up, like real break up not the 'i need time' bs like cmon. .

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017
  • Maki is going to hit Liz and say it's over, and then it's skips over to a few years later with hopefully Liz career being in ruin and Maki living a better live...but it's Momono Moto so that a no no.

I feel compelled to repeat once again that Momono Moto is only doing the art, not the writing.

Does that mean it’s likely to be better? No, it does not. It means that we have an inexperienced writer doing a third-rate Momono Moto imitation.

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

I feel compelled to repeat once again that Momono Moto is only doing the art, not the writing.

Does that mean it’s likely to be better? No, it does not. It means that we have an inexperienced writer doing a third-rate Momono Moto imitation.

Thank you. Someone that has a brain.

joined May 21, 2021

Ah shit… here we go again!!

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

I really like Momono Moto so I wish she actually did the writing for this story. Even a lower tier Momono Moto story would be better than this.

As always, this thread makes me laugh. It’s inspiring to see a thread so unanimously shit on a series/character.

Regardless whether if Maki walks off or confronts Liz or the Ex, Liz needs to do some serious self-evaluation to become better than the weak, cheating POS she currently is. Honestly, I hope Maki walks WAY the hell out of this relationship. And that Ex can fuck right off as well.

last edited at Jun 9, 2021 1:19AM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Dang it! When I saw this I thought it was Liberta! Now I have to go re-read Liberta.

joined Jun 30, 2016

Finally its out, she better brake up with that bitch and cut anything to do with her, if she just forgive her or tries to grab her and said she is hers or something cliche like that....oh man she is beyond stupid then.

To reply you must either login or sign up.