Forum › Weak-Willed Yuri discussion

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

Cute! hoping to see more weheheh >:]

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Idk why everyone keeps saying yandere, I read it as the popular girl putting these rules in place to make the weak willed girl learn how to get comfortable with saying no. I think the whole point is to train her to express herself more honestly, even if initially she’s just following orders.

While that does seem to be happening, I really don't get the vibe of it being the whole point. Rather, the assertive girl does seem genuinely possessive and enjoying being dominant, maybe shading a bit in the yandere direction, but at the same time she does to some extent have her girlfriend's interests at heart. So yes, she's trying to train her to be able to say no . . . to other people.

joined Dec 26, 2015

I like reading about toxic relationships as long as the author realizes that's what they're writing

Yep, same. They're fun to read when it's clear that that's the author's intent

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

For real people? The girl saying "you cannot flirt with anyone but me" did y'all just forget that line? And when she was getting invited to a movie it didn't seem like she was being pressured onto it, not like at the begginig when she got to do the classroom cleaning cuz someone else didn't wanted to, it was just a hang-out invitation and she turned it down because if not her gf would be angry

It's funny to see the double standard some of you people seem to have, criticizing bullying so much (because it's bad, obviously, like I saw for example at the Jyoshikou Dakara Safe discussion) and at the same time overlooking or even supporting these clearly toxic behaviors

And I'm not writing any of this out of rage or something, I seriously got into the forum expecting to find comment about how toxic this was but instead I had to see this horrific show y'all put on

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

damn this sucks ass lol, ya'll will praise anything

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

For real people? The girl saying "you cannot flirt with anyone but me" did y'all just forget that line? And when she was getting invited to a movie it didn't seem like she was being pressured onto it, not like at the begginig when she got to do the classroom cleaning cuz someone else didn't wanted to, it was just a hang-out invitation and she turned it down because if not her gf would be angry

It's funny to see the double standard some of you people seem to have, criticizing bullying so much (because it's bad, obviously, like I saw for example at the Jyoshikou Dakara Safe discussion) and at the same time overlooking or even supporting these clearly toxic behaviors

And I'm not writing any of this out of rage or something, I seriously got into the forum expecting to find comment about how toxic this was but instead I had to see this horrific show y'all put on

For me it's only two (very short) chapters in, so it's hard to see where this will go. I don't mind if it's a toxic relationship as long as it's what the author intends to portray and not something that is shown to be a cute enviable relationship, when it's really problematic.

I don't know if it'll go down the route of popular girl being more and more possessive or if it'll go down the route of popular girl doing this shit to make weak willed girl actually stand up for herself and have some confidence.

Tbh I would rather it just go full on drama yandere because the second option really makes it feel like we're gonna just OK popular girls behaviour. If it's some cute fluffy manga about how weak willed girl can't have any other friends but it's OK cause she has a girlfriend then I'm out

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

It probably is on the Toxic side, she asked her out after talking about how she Will contineue getting abused because she cant say no

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 2:15AM

Steam-community-screenshot-dream-team-demon,-witch-
joined Nov 15, 2016

I do not see this going well

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

For me it's only two (very short) chapters in, so it's hard to see where this will go. I don't mind if it's a toxic relationship as long as it's what the author intends to portray and not something that is shown to be a cute enviable relationship, when it's really problematic.

I don't know if it'll go down the route of popular girl being more and more possessive or if it'll go down the route of popular girl doing this shit to make weak willed girl actually stand up for herself and have some confidence.

Tbh I would rather it just go full on drama yandere because the second option really makes it feel like we're gonna just OK popular girls behaviour. If it's some cute fluffy manga about how weak willed girl can't have any other friends but it's OK cause she has a girlfriend then I'm out

Yeah the main thing here is that it's two short chapters. Yes the line about "you're not allowed to flirt with anyone but me" is possessive, but it could still go in the direction of her currently acting possessive at the start just so she can show that weak-willed girl that she doesn't have to listen to her. It might also go in the direction of the series being about an abusive relationship. We'll just have to wait and see.

joined Jun 6, 2021

Yes please. Yandere makes the heart grow fonder.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I like reading about toxic relationships as long as the author realizes that's what they're writing

Yeah this is the most important part. Like I love reading "It's a Detached Relationship" because everyone there is messy to be messy and it's never portrayed as "good". That's cool and fun. Even that bullying oneshot by Mikanuji that a lot of people hated, I really liked because it's obvious it's a fucked up relationship from the beginning.

It's when authors unknowingly write a fluffy relationship that's actually quite toxic and romanticises toxic behavior is when it becomes problematic. The author's level of awareness is key.

joined Sep 11, 2019

I don't know where this is going but I'm in

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

Hmm I’d like to see how this would turn out in future chapters

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Oh no, I don't like that.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Hey let's go to a movie theater

Eyes dilate .25 millimeters

On second thought let's not, tis a silly place

joined Aug 29, 2019

Oh this could be nice.

It's currently in this nice limbo with clear elements of an unhealthy, possessive relationship and a beneficial, supportive relationship. The sheer ambiguity of her having to decline hangout offers from others, which isn't really a reasonable request and goes against her meek nature, which may lead to her being able to stand her ground eventually, is a nice angle. I wonder how long it'll take before she can say "No" to her Girlfriend's advances, though... provided she wants to.

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 7:32AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Purple Library Guy posted:

Idk why everyone keeps saying yandere, I read it as the popular girl putting these rules in place to make the weak willed girl learn how to get comfortable with saying no. I think the whole point is to train her to express herself more honestly, even if initially she’s just following orders.

While that does seem to be happening, I really don't get the vibe of it being the whole point. Rather, the assertive girl does seem genuinely possessive and enjoying being dominant, maybe shading a bit in the yandere direction, but at the same time she does to some extent have her girlfriend's interests at heart. So yes, she's trying to train her to be able to say no . . . to other people.

Would agree (excluding the yandere part) and add that MC seems perfectly happy to go along with her thus far. Hard to feel this story is in the danger zone when using phrases like "Reward Time" and MC basking in all that praise afterwards.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Hey let's go to a movie theater

Eyes dilate .25 millimeters

On second thought let's not, tis a silly place

oh god this reference

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Yuri take the wheeeeel!

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

wait why yandere vibes are bad agian? and toxic relationships?

does everybody know we're on the reader where taiyaki and itou hachi are dearly loved?))))
nevermind "love you cruddy")))

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

It probably is on the Toxic side, she asked her out after talking about how she Will contineue getting abused because she cant say no

You might be right, but there is a chance that this is all part of a ploy by the popular girl to get the pushover girl to stand up for herself a bit more. Basically, by putting her in a position where she’s forced to reject the requests of other people, the popular girl is looking to get the pushover comfortable enough with the idea of rejecting others that she eventually starts standing up for herself without needing a push from anyone else (hence why the popular girl showered her with compliments/positive reinforcement when she rejected the moviegoers).

Or popular girl could just be possessive. Who knows?

joined Jan 14, 2020

As a real relationship, this looks toxic with lots of warning signs.

As something to read, it's hot.

joined Jun 8, 2020

toxic relationship D:!

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Eh, nothing too interesting

I'll read it anyway, I don't have much yuri to read right now

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

So this could turn into a wholesome yuri with a girl helping her partner become more confident (even if it may involve a bit of force) or... it could turn into a not wholesome yuri with a possessive (and possibly yandere) girl who controls her partners EVERY choice. Either way, I'm here for it

To reply you must either login or sign up.