Forum › Otherside Picnic discussion

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Honestly this was one of the scarier parts of the anime for me, just because cats are just something mundane that are everywhere.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Note that using cuteness to make the enemy hesitate is a viable strategy in war. Reportedly when the manpower of the Germans during WW2 ran out, they send in child soldiers. According to time witnesses on the Alliances side, it was harder to shoot at a child than at a soldier, even if both were armed and capable of the same.

crimsonshadow
joined May 31, 2014

3 parts and FINALLY they show up?

I double checked the novels, and yeah, that sounds about right. The ninja cats took a while to actually show up there, too. Once they did, the story picked up its pace quite a bit though.

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

Sorawo is a pussy magnet.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Can't wait for a couple of chapters more until the manga surpasses the anime and we get new story...!!
The manga has some extra subtle details that make the story feel more like a shoujo ai, like now Toriko flirting with Sorawo. Anime could be interpreted as both (friendship or subtext romance).
Also Toriko has this mysterious vibe here and you can tell the artist is trying to draw her as attractive as possible in every frame, when in anime she is more bland.

last edited at May 24, 2021 9:33AM

joined Oct 20, 2020

Can't wait for a couple of chapters more until the manga surpasses the anime and we get new story...!!
The manga has some extra subtle details that make the story feel more like a shoujo ai, like now Toriko flirting with Sorawo. Anime could be interpreted as both (friendship or subtext romance).
Also Toriko has this mysterious vibe here and you can tell the artist is trying to draw her as attractive as possible in every frame, when in anime she is more bland.

Yeah, the anime lost a lot of the details; fortunately the manga's picking them up. Anime really could have stood to play up the yuri aspect more in that last episode -- even having them holding hands as they walked back to the gate would made it more clear. Changing the order also obscures it a little.

Emphasizing Toriko's appearance (hopefully) conveys how Sorawo is seeing her (novel Sorawo practically doesn't shut up about how good she looks) as well as the fact that she definitely stands out, (especially in Japan).

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Sorawo is a pussy magnet.

That's one way to put it XD

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

I wonder if we can get a good spooky moment like other previous arc.

joined Dec 29, 2020

We apologise for the delay of chapter 40. I have exams and Kyhkaen is caught up with work. We hope to upload chapter 40 by the time chapter 41 is released on the 12th of next month.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Take what time you need.

joined Oct 16, 2013

We're up to thirteen tags, is that a record?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I haven't been reading this because its not my kinda story but i didnt realise it was more or less based on roadside picnic- aka stalker :) I really loved the 3 stalker games back in the day- very much looking forward to the new one.

joined Mar 15, 2015

We're up to thirteen tags, is that a record?

No, unfortunately. Many works with sex scenes have various specific tags for the kinds of sex involved, as well as NSFW. Works with "taboo" pairings like teacher-student, incest and other ones also have tags for those. Otherside Picnic has a lot of different genres, but that doesn't mean it has the most tags of any work on this site.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@dfs_toronto https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_iro_gensou 23 tags :) partly because it has lots of character pairings.

Cornonthekopp
joined Jul 6, 2020

Oh boy here comes slow descent into Satsuki (?) if the anime is any indication

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Oh boy here comes slow descent into Satsuki (?) if the anime is any indication

That seems like an odd thing to say right now.

Maxresdefault-1
joined Mar 24, 2021

damn maybe I should pick up karate

Userpic-128-white
joined Jul 21, 2015

Time for things to get even more weird

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

No, yuri girls shouldn`t kill pussies!

joined Dec 29, 2020

Apologies for the delay, but chapter 41 is quite a bit longer than usual.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Next arc gon' be good

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

There's something disturbing about that faceless cat doll, even putting aside all the supernatural stuff.

Next arc gon' be good

Ah yes, we're about to head into the final arc of the second novel. Good stuff.

Userpic-128-white
joined Jul 21, 2015

Interesting choice to put the gate literally in front of her door, it's the obvious place for it but in the anime they put it in her yard. Certainly feels more threatening to have it right there

Cornonthekopp
joined Jul 6, 2020

Poor Kozakura, truly the tragic heroine of this story.

Also shout out to Toriko’s cat impression she almost killed Sorawo there

joined Jun 5, 2018

Is she going to be murdered by deranged loli next time?! Or is the loli just nice for some reason... (I find it hard to memorize any names in this...)

To reply you must either login or sign up.