Forum › It's a Detached Relationship. discussion

384281a5-2c64-4db2-b731-8ffdc6aa4619
joined Mar 28, 2021

It’s back!

Mustache_potato
C6708fe176a076b414d0144d8402fd0e
joined Oct 7, 2020

im so confused with sei tbh. Do you like her? do you not? but the story is too good for me to stop reading. i need to know the ending.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Looks like it's ending.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Just let Sei end and people's suffering along with her

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Can we just have the main couple fuck off to a random island please? Let them be toxic around only eachother, they're both insane anyways.

Then we can progress the series by having the other characters rebuild their lives, and go into healthier relationships with better people.

joined Apr 6, 2021

Honestly Sei and Aya are perfect for each other. They’re both unstable and a bad influence on everyone around them. Hope they both leave Tokyo together and never contact any of the other characters again. Haruki’s got issues too, but she definitely deserves better than Aya

Also, that stuff with the male teacher seems so unnatural cause he literally gets told that Sei is doing a student and he’s like “nah, it’s all good”. Like What!?

And I hate how we’ve reached the point where it’s about to end and now everything is gonna feel rushed af

last edited at Apr 29, 2021 3:42PM

joined Sep 27, 2017

Honestly Sei and Aya are perfect for each other. They’re both unstable and a bad influence on everyone around them. Hope they both leave Tokyo together and never contact any of the other characters again. Haruki’s got issues too, but she definitely deserves better than Aya

Also, that stuff with the male teacher seems so unnatural cause he literally gets told that Sei is doing a student and he’s like “nah, it’s all good”. Like What!?

And I hate how we’ve reached the point where it’s about to end and now everything is gonna feel rushed af

Honestly I don't even know what there is to really rush. The series has been a sex fueled mess of a drama, that mostly focuses on two shitty people having sex and making everyone around them miserable...there's never really been much of an "end goal", other than them ending up together. Which I don't really know if there's a natural way to even get to that point, because they're both honestly horrible and seeing them end up "happy together" is going to feel really jarring even regardless of pacing, in my opinion anyhow.

joined Sep 4, 2016

Great job male teacher of possibly allowing a predatory teacher to continue her possibly predatory actions without so much as batting an eye.

I could stomach a lot of the nonsense in this story, but that's just too ridiculous.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Great job male teacher of possibly allowing a predatory teacher to continue her possibly predatory actions without so much as batting an eye.

It's a troublesome student making an accusation about a colleague (one he likes), in regard to a student at another school. So sure, he's not being a by-the-book authority figure, just keeping the peace where he works.

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Can we just have the main couple fuck off to a random island please? Let them be toxic around only eachother

Everyone is toxic...

I’m mad in the last chapter Aya’s stalker neighbor called her scary when she watches Aya, while in the dark, masterbating and follows her around. Pot calling the kettle black much?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah it's funny how everyone has issues but we have people trying to demonize the main characters only, when there's the fact that Sei was being harassed by her own students just for existing and then by this girl for "stealing" his love and basically trying to get her fired...but nope, it's Sei who is troubling this girl.
And Aya finally found someone to have a real talk and do her own things but Haruki wasnt going to allow any of that!

So in short, is not the main characters that have to fuck off, is everyone else who is forcefully trying to get in between for ulterior motives and then freaked out when things didn't go their way.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

We get it that you like Sei and hate Haruki, there is no need to rub it everytime.

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Yeah it's funny how everyone has issues but we have people trying to demonize the main characters only, when there's the fact that Sei was being harassed by her own students just for existing and then by this girl for "stealing" his love and basically trying to get her fired...but nope, it's Sei who is troubling this girl.
And Aya finally found someone to have a real talk and do her own things but Haruki wasnt going to allow any of that!

So in short, is not the main characters that have to fuck off, is everyone else who is forcefully trying to get in between for ulterior motives and then freaked out when things didn't go their way.

Haha, was literally typing exactly this and then thought 'fuck it, will just say everyone is toxic'. But yeah Mochida is trying to ruin someone's career over jealousy and Haruki invades Aya's privacy multiple times purely because she started talking to someone Haruki doesn't know.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

and then thought 'fuck it, will just say everyone is toxic'.

Because it's true, you can't tell that Sei and Aya have not some problems. The flashback of Sei on Yoru or idk, just the whole freaking relationship they were before Yoru's visit where Aya was just a substitue for Yoru.

is everyone else who is forcefully trying to get in between for ulterior motives and then freaked out when things didn't go their way.

Almost like they're immature teenagers ? I'm not saying this as a defence but as a justification. Funny how i see for than often the justification of irrationals actions as "bUt tHeY arE teEnAgeRs" but that doesn't seem to be an option here. Like yeah, teenagers do stupid things, what's new ?

joined Jan 3, 2020

I like this series a lot for some reason. Most stories don't resonate strongly with me emotionally, but this one does, which is really weird because it's not remotely relatable for me.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Haha, was literally typing exactly this and then thought 'fuck it, will just say everyone is toxic'. But yeah Mochida is trying to ruin someone's career over jealousy and Haruki invades Aya's privacy multiple times purely because she started talking to someone Haruki doesn't know.

and

Everyone is toxic...

I know there's no "good" characters here, but it seems to me that other characters can at least rebuild themselves, seek out different paths in their life and maybe get therapy. To me Sei has always been twisted, the bullying from the shitty students sucks, however even before the bullying it was shown that she had some serious personality problems when she was young. Sei is basically a black hole, and Aya wants to go down to hell with her. At this point I say just "whatever", have at least everyone else move on and rebuild their lives. This is how I see the story and characters, fine of course that people disagree with me.

~

and then thought 'fuck it, will just say everyone is toxic'.

Because it's true, you can't tell that Sei and Aya have not some problems. The flashback of Sei on Yoru or idk, just the whole freaking relationship they were before Yoru's visit where Aya was just a substitue for Yoru.

is everyone else who is forcefully trying to get in between for ulterior motives and then freaked out when things didn't go their way.

Almost like they're immature teenagers ? I'm not saying this as a defence but as a justification. Funny how i see for than often the justification of irrationals actions as "bUt tHeY arE teEnAgeRs" but that doesn't seem to be an option here. Like yeah, teenagers do stupid things, what's new ?

Yeah a lot of the characters are immature teenagers, and teenagers are stupid. My main thing is that I don't think Aya wants to improve or move on, she feels like she needs to be a Sei's crutch in life. Sei who is an adult already, is making a teenager feel like they're in some kind of twisted codependent relationship.

last edited at Apr 29, 2021 5:56PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

It's a troublesome student making an accusation about a colleague (one he likes), in regard to a student at another school. So sure, he's not being a by-the-book authority figure, just keeping the peace where he works.

Problem is, he seems to actually know about Sei being a predator. Because he said something along the lines of "I don't care" implying he likes her regardless.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Problem is, he seems to actually know about Sei being a predator. Because he said something along the lines of "I don't care" implying he likes her regardless.

It's also strange how he didn't seem surprised...rather he wanted to continue sticking his head in the sand. Support his crush. His character is very, very, weird.

I’m mad in the last chapter Aya’s stalker neighbor called her scary when she watches Aya, while in the dark, masterbating and follows her around. Pot calling the kettle black much?

Am glad someone else saw that too.

last edited at Jul 4, 2022 6:56PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

We get it that you like Sei and hate Haruki, there is no need to rub it everytime.

The irony ...

joined Aug 29, 2019

The argument here is getting to be almost as entertaining as the ones in the manga.
Mind if I grab some popcorn and watch from a distance?

joined Sep 27, 2017

The argument here is getting to be almost as entertaining as the ones in the manga.
Mind if I grab some popcorn and watch from a distance?

I don't think anybody is arguing? At least recently. People are discussing the manga, and some of us have different opinions. I'm not even slightly bothered or upset myself, it's simply a natural course of conversation.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I don't understand why romances between a broken person and a young woman, bent on fixing them with her love, are so popular. I think this is terrible message to send to wide eyed, impressionable girls. It just seems like it would set them up for a lot of heartbreak and sorrow. If not worse.
Oh well, at least instead of a misunderstood bad boy, it's misunderstood bad girl this time. For some reason that makes it easier for me to root for them. Even though I know it shouldn't.

last edited at Apr 29, 2021 7:57PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Isn't "fixing someone through your love" the ultimate romantic idea?

To reply you must either login or sign up.