Forum › Otherside Picnic discussion

joined Dec 29, 2020

Due to mangadex being down, i will announce here that the next chapter will be slightly delayed because it is the most verbose chapter so far. We apologise for this.

Tumblr_e91edc003cdbb03c1b8d45c82a98870c_92f81880_640
joined Jun 29, 2014

is the manga just gonna follow how the anime went?

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Good work scanlation team, that’s a buttload of text!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I think it's gonna follow the LN more.

joined Mar 15, 2015

That seems to be true from what I've noticed, since the order of the cases matches the order shown on the TV Tropes recap page. For example, the ninja cats case is after the case in which Toriko and Sorawo rescue the US forces, but the latter was at the end of the anime, after the ninja cats case.

I got into the series through the anime, but while I enjoyed it, I personally find that the manga/light novel's order of events makes significantly more sense. I'm considering purchasing the light novels, but I might start with Volume 3 or 4 and go back to the first two later.

joined Oct 20, 2020

It's following the novel here. The anime deviated, moving file 3 (Kisaragi) after file 4 (Space Time Man) and kicking file 5 (Rescue mission) all the way to the end. The manga has file 3, 4, and 5 in order, followed by file 6 (beach arc) and currently file 7 (Ninja cats). The next file after this will be one that was not covered in the anime. Hopefully we'll get there before the end of the year.

That seems to be true from what I've noticed, since the order of the cases matches the order shown on the TV Tropes recap page. For example, the ninja cats case is after the case in which Toriko and Sorawo rescue the US forces, but the latter was at the end of the anime, after the ninja cats case.

I got into the series through the anime, but while I enjoyed it, I personally find that the manga/light novel's order of events makes significantly more sense. I'm considering purchasing the light novels, but I might start with Volume 3 or 4 and go back to the first two later.

Anime didn't cover file 8, which is the last arc of volume 2. You really should read that in order to set up volume 3 (or file 11 specifically).

last edited at Apr 21, 2021 5:27PM

joined May 24, 2014

No samurai ninja cats?

Kawaii-anime-25355452-560-420
joined Feb 24, 2015

Too short! I wanna see Ninja Cats in manga too! xD Anyway manga better than anime, so time to be patient...

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

As others have said, you need to read the final story arc of the second book. You can't afford to miss it, because it sets up... well... EVERYTHING that follows.

Personally I would suggest just reading from the beginning anyway.

last edited at Apr 21, 2021 7:18PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

raccoon vs tanuki - very important

thank you for the release, Maki7

last edited at Apr 21, 2021 8:44PM

Maxresdefault-1
joined Mar 24, 2021

Sorawo keeps on I dunno, spacing out, and it's good that Toriko's there to slap her
page 19 is gae tho

joined Oct 16, 2013

Don't make major purchases while drunk.

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

you're geh,Sorawo

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

:000

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

what arc in the LN are they gonna confess

joined May 31, 2014

what arc in the LN are they gonna confess

Toriko confesses in case file 11. Sorawo confesses, albeit accidentally, in case file 14.
Related to your question, but possibly a spoiler you didn’t want to see: First kiss is in case file 15.

last edited at Apr 22, 2021 6:33AM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Okay so I thought this while watching the anime too but why the fuck would you ever want to bring a giant agricultural machine into the otherside after what happened with the robot dog in the US armed forces.

Sorawo starting to have flashes of succumbing to fear is honestly the scariest part of this. Having to imagine both Sorawo and Toriko just sitting there in the middle of a panic attack in the otherside is super scary.

last edited at Apr 22, 2021 11:05AM

joined May 31, 2014

Okay so I thought this while watching the anime too but why the fuck would you ever want to bring a giant agricultural machine into the otherside after what happened with the robot dog in the US armed forces.

That happened because the robot dog hit a glitch. Sorawo can see glitches so she’d be able to avoid them while driving. Glitches appear to be static so far, so it’s unlikely there’d be a problem as long as Sorawo pays attention to where she’s going.

last edited at Apr 22, 2021 11:22AM

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

No samurai ninja cats?

Never mind those, what about Samurai Pizza Cats? lol

Jahy-sama%20(11)
joined Jul 5, 2017

raccoon vs tanuki - very important

thank you for the release, Maki7

The fact that the racoon is actually a figurine changes the entire aesthetic of Kozakura's character...…..!!!!!! Like why would the studio go through the effort of animating a racoon instead of just leaving it as an object?!!

joined Oct 20, 2020

The fact that the racoon is actually a figurine changes the entire aesthetic of Kozakura's character...…..!!!!!! Like why would the studio go through the effort of animating a racoon instead of just leaving it as an object?!!

I don't think it was ever intended to be an actual raccoon, just a plushie. Plushie vs. figurine doesn't change that much, though the effect of the plushie is definitely cuter.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Coincidentally, when Ponpoko (or Pom Poko) was dubbed into English, the tanuki were called raccoons.

Maxresdefault-1
joined Mar 24, 2021

Hatsune miku: become neko
Sorawo is cute in this chapter too, yes.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Time for things to get crazy.

joined May 24, 2014

3 parts and FINALLY they show up?

To reply you must either login or sign up.