Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I like politics so they recommend me every single Elon Musk tweet. I only use Twitter for manga nowadays, too. Please make it stop.

I only use(d) it to track PS5 & PS5 accessory restocks. Worked well too, since now my BFF has a PS5 that I was able to ship to her, and I've been plowing through The Last of Us and TLOU2 on my own PS5, with a well-charged controller that I got off my official PS5 controller charging station (which is equally hard to get). Damn I wish Ellie could just have some happiness. ~_~

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hey nice! Twitter does have its uses. Those games sure do have some beautiful imagery. Shame it's all about suffering, though...

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well I am also all about the suffering so it's well-suited lol

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Am doing a playthrough of Neptunia Virtual Stars right now. There's a decent amount of Shippy content in the game so far but I'm less than halfway through the game so we'll see if future chapters have more or less content in them.

@SushiKnight If you haven't played it I really recommend you try the game since it's highly focused on Vtubers.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Am doing a playthrough of Neptunia Virtual Stars right now. There's a decent amount of Shippy content in the game so far but I'm less than halfway through the game so we'll see if future chapters have more or less content in them.

@SushiKnight If you haven't played it I really recommend you try the game since it's highly focused on Vtubers.

I've never really been able to enjoy a nep game unfortunately. I always loved the premise though and the writing and humor is right up my alley, so I'll take a look at this one and see if it appeals to me. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hikamaru%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

One of the best parts about Dynasty is seeing people type entire essays in a one-shots chapter discussions

joined Aug 29, 2019

One of the best parts about Dynasty is seeing people type entire essays in a one-shots chapter discussions

Writing essay-length forum posts in discussions can be an engaging way to challenge your own as well as others' perceptions and ideas <3
And when someone has a completely different view or interpretation of something I often get curious as to how and why they arrived at that conclusion and wouldn't mind having those insights.
Just... never expect immediate results from online debates. Sometimes takes me days or weeks to fully process and adapt the input.
I've seen and done that on pretty much all forums I've been on. Forums have always been a place for longer, more thoughtful posts for me, but I'm trying to get more "spur of the moment" jokes and one-liners in.
Also one-shots are neat.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

My favourite is when the word count of the essay is surpassing the word count of the one-shot by like 2-3x. Shows some real dedication to expression!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

kingkhalil001 posted:

I feel personally attacked.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Or, even better, several essays. Bonus points for exploring topics that break out of the straitjacket of slavish relevance to the source material.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I would be kinda worried if I see a one-shot without a single essay in the comments.
"Hmmm, something's not right."

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Oh, I didn't specify the fact that Ive been cleaning my ears with Q-tips. Kinda looks like I said I was sticking in weird stuff.

I feel personally attacked.

Just take the compliment.

Am doing a playthrough of Neptunia Virtual Stars right now.

That's out already? That's the one with Vtubers, right? I need it!

I like politics so they recommend me every single Elon Musk tweet.

At least you'll be immediately notified the day cat girls become a reality.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/88761785
Yuru Yuri Akari x Chinatsu
POV set.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I found a really pretty manga, the art is super nice, stylish and very clean, it's erotic but not gross and apparently full of super natural stuff... The plot? uuhhh well that's the hard part, it's apparently some kind of ear cleaning sexy nurse medium in a school ? that assist the protagonist to deal with other students/spirits in agony through some spiritual ear cleaning trance from time to time... yeah.

https://magazine.jp.square-enix.com/yg/introduction/ears/
https://lovehug.net/672/

The serialization started last year (although this unofficial raw site says 4 years because it's bugged and all the series there have crazy dates too) and I checked all the raws so far, looks great and of course... My experience with "too good to be true" made me investigate before talking about it and yeah, there's a little "but.." at the end of ch7 some apparently childhood friend guy shows up for 3 pages....that's all lol, he just comes and then goes away, you might think is no a big deal and the protagonist and him don't seem to have anything romantic at all but I suppose is worth mentioning considering the fact that a manga full of girls and cool stuff decides to suddenly introduce a guy that has nothing to do with the current arc, makes you wary, huh?

Well, apart from that hmmmm?? moment, like I said, is full of paranormal stuff and nice stuff... even the school director is sexy, I want to see how this evolves ... Hopefully with more than 3 volumes.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Lots of early bloomers in Japan these days.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Just a reminder, tomorrow is April's fools but Japan already started ... For example, an upcoming Azurlane ova featuring mechas https://twitter.com/azurlane_staff/status/1377274502162182152

AND OF COURSE it was this date that Pekora decided to reveal (or not) her new costume... I guess we'll have to wait and see

last edited at Mar 31, 2021 1:12PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ HoloEN became hd and god got a loli costume!
RIP Mario and FE1 on the eshop.

Realized the weird sounds I hear at night at the beach house are probably bats. They live in the abandoned house next door, they sometimes come by and fly over our hammocks lol

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/88485794
Fire emblem 11 F!Kris x Feena
NSFW

last edited at Apr 2, 2021 6:34AM

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

Do you guys ever have trouble falling asleep because you're finally alone with your thoughts and it's all about how lonely you feel, plus you're craving chili peanuts? Yeah, having one of those nights right now.

And I've watched the first two eps of Twin Peaks, enjoying it so far. I like how pink it is. Also i think about ten people cried in the first ep and none of them actually managed to bring forth a tear, I wanted to just shake the show's shoulders and say "give them some eyedrops!"

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

That first season of Twin Peaks is great, really silly. I guess it's usually about tea for me. And not being able to settle down. A really consistent routine (including writing) has helped me solve some of that, even though it used to plague me a lot.

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

^It has indeed been silly, but it really adds to the personality of the whole show overall :D Feel like the most silliest thing is that seemingly everyone in the town has affairs with everyone else, but it's entertaining nonetheless. And the soundtrack is also so good, it's impossible to skip the opening track <3

And same to that about not being able to settle down. And I do have a tea thats specifically for relaxing and making the drinker sleepy, so I guess I'll make some tea and watch Twin Peaks, thanks for the accidental reminder!

last edited at Apr 2, 2021 9:06PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

That sounds like fun! Enjoy yourself. Tbh I should do that too

The soundtrack has a bunch of personality, too. This track from the cafe(?) was always my favourite, but even listening to just a few songs on YouTube rn, it really gets you lost in the atmosphere. I honestly didn't even notice it properly while I was watching, but it is really good. Oh and definitely avoid the comments if you don't wanna be spoiled, ofc!

last edited at Apr 2, 2021 9:28PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Back home. Bored already. The only thing I missed is my bed and pc....and stable electricity haha.

For me, it's documentaries/murder mysteries/top 10 lists/creepy stories until I pass out. That has been my lullaby for over 2 years now. and now add watching Vtubers until I die

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/88986709
Honkai Bronya x Seele
Seems like this author will be finishing a bunch of drafts? Also, feet.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

How have you all been dealing with Mangadex Hiatus? they announced yesterday that more time is needed to make it work properly, so it could take more weeks, is understandable.

Lots of cheap sites has been exposed, with MD gone, their content has been reduced dramatically (because they can't use their bots to copy) and there's many fansubs in my language that relied on the english versions to translate afterwards so I'm missing a lot but thanks to Dynasty and Mangaplus I can cope with it, they have the most vital content hehe.

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

How have you all been dealing with Mangadex Hiatus? they announced yesterday that more time is needed to make it work properly, so it could take more weeks, is understandable.

Lots of cheap sites has been exposed, with MD gone, their content has been reduced dramatically (because they can't use their bots to copy) and there's many fansubs in my language that relied on the english versions to translate afterwards so I'm missing a lot but thanks to Dynasty and Mangaplus I can cope with it, they have the most vital content hehe.

Problem is, that not all the yuri series are being uploaded to Dynasty. For example, all of squiggles works or the latest OneeLoli anthology, among others. I have checked the r/manga reddit in hopes of seeing them there but nothing, and following dozens of discord channels is just too bothersome. So yeah, I really wish Mangadex will come back faster.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hexa posted:

Problem is, that not all the yuri series are being uploaded to Dynasty. For example, all of squiggles works or the latest OneeLoli anthology, among others. I have checked the r/manga reddit in hopes of seeing them there but nothing, and following dozens of discord channels is just too bothersome. So yeah, I really wish Mangadex will come back faster.

Could you point out to me the OneeLoli anthology we're missing?

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

Hexa posted:

Could you point out to me the OneeLoli anthology we're missing?

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=156339

I discovered it when I was searching for more works of Mikanuji (the author of Fuzoroi no Renri)

To reply you must either login or sign up.