joined Feb 15, 2021

mari died that night

joined Feb 15, 2021

Mari-san woke up the beast

The Beast with Five Fingers.

The nine fingered beast

joined Feb 1, 2021

the « top-bottom » trope

It's not a trope, it's just how some people work. Based on my own experience, it's how a lot of people work

The way many commenters on this site treat "top" and "bottom" as basically immutable destinies carved in granite does kinda weird me out a little though

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Mr. Jones posted:

the « top-bottom » trope

It's not a trope, it's just how some people work. Based on my own experience, it's how a lot of people work

The way many commenters on this site treat "top" and "bottom" as basically immutable destinies carved in granite does kinda weird me out a little though

I actually never saw this on dynasty... we just treat them as a joke. In fact a lot of people always complain about authors that do this constantly (e.g. Negom, Ooshima Tomo/Towa).

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Mr. Jones posted:

the « top-bottom » trope

I actually never saw this on dynasty... we just treat them as a joke. In fact a lot of people always complain about authors that do this constantly (e.g. Negom, Ooshima Tomo/Towa).

Agreed. At most I sometimes see a fair amount of predictive headcanon in mid-series, projecting that such-and-such character will take on a specific sexual role when or if--see Citrus the OTP finally do the deed.

You know, characters having--wait for it--characteristics.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Muscle memory babe, the best backup humans has.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Long time reader, but new to the forum.
I like this manga. But the last chapter triggered my opening an account to share my slightly annoyance with the « top-bottom » trope. Sexuality is fluid. At least I want to read stories with reversals all the time. And yes, I know, these are works of fiction.

The irony of this statement is that this entire series has been about a top-bottom reversal from the very beginning.

It's established early on that in their pre-amnesia relationship Arisa was an avid and committed top and Mari a bottom, but once Arisa lost her memory they had to totally recalibrate their sexual dynamic. Mari trying to learn a new pattern by taking the lead and Arisa learning how to respond has been the source of much of the humor in the series.

Screenshot_277
joined Aug 31, 2017

the « top-bottom » trope

it's usually just joking about it.
top/bottom dynamic it's not a rule, but exist and some people like this, nothing wrong about it.

joined Feb 1, 2013

I find the changes in both Arisa and Mari interesting, in that Arisa has become less pushy and more innocent, while Mari has had to become (at least a bit) more assertive and hands-on as a partner. Bot are super cute regardless!

joined Jul 26, 2016

Considering the relative frequency with which stranger notions get espoused 'round these parts in complete seriousness... kinda hard to tell.

Especially as it cleaves real close to certain mindsets not infrequently encountered among "shippers" online.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Considering the relative frequency with which stranger notions get espoused 'round these parts in complete seriousness... kinda hard to tell.

Especially as it cleaves real close to certain mindsets not infrequently encountered among "shippers" online.

Yeah, but "shipping" is notorious for proposed ships that at first are presented as obvious jokes later turning into dead-serious ideological conflicts. Like many of the headcanon-based general interpretations people generate around here, top-bottom wars and shipping wars tend to share the attribute of being based on the most strained, lemon-squeezing readings of very slight suggestions in the text, or more often, on no textual evidence at all.

In the case of Bright and Cheery Amnesia, the very first thing we learn about their sexual relationship is that Arisa was the one who usually "initiated things," and in Chapter 1 (after Chapter 0) we learn that Mari usually waited for Arisa to kiss her in the mornings.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch00#8

So whatever the peculiarities of Dynasty commenters might be in regard to the issue of tops and bottoms, they have little to do with the theme as presented in this series.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Any suggestion for a yuri manga [...] with a good love story?

Yuri is my job

Though it doesnt have any sex

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Ah finally something interesting

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

Oh that last panel was funny xD

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED!

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

They better not cut to the aftermath.

What else are you expecting? A hentai 4koma chapter? It's not that kind of manga.

joined Jun 30, 2015

[ THE HAND ] is the strongest stand

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

That must be the funniest (and most anticlimatic) sex scene I've ever seen.

joined Dec 12, 2019

FINALLY!!! BEST CHAPTER YET!!

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

They better not cut to the aftermath.

What else are you expecting? A hentai 4koma chapter? It's not that kind of manga.

I'm not asking for Blue is the Warmest Color here. I've seen Tamamusi do NSFW before

835d5ef1-d914-4ccd-bb77-8a716958e76f
joined Oct 7, 2016

damn...

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

yuripie posted:

[ THE HAND ] is the strongest stand

Someone please make a meme-pic with ZA HANDO as Arisa's Stand!

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

fucking finally
life good

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Haven't read this in a very very long time and ow yess

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

I stopped reading it at chapter 4, so reading it all up until now... WOW

To reply you must either login or sign up.