Forum › Touko-san Can’t Take Care of the House discussion

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I think I've figured out the pattern to these discussions.

1.) point out an issue
2.) make an analogy/comparison regarding that issue (if it were a male, if that were real, if ...)
3.) argue that it's all fine since it's just fiction
4.) argue that fiction doesn't happen in a vacuum
5.) escalate, also insult someone
6.) escalate some more, insult back
7.) repeat until Nez comes and tells everyone to calm down
8.) post a late post about the debate despite that
9.) topic disappears until a new chapter is released

Now if someone writes a bot that'll handle all this we can shut down 37% of all Dynasty threads (specifically those that feature age gap, lolis, and the likes) and we'll still have the same amount of debate with the same results!

Rin
joined Aug 4, 2017

Oh wow I totally forgot about this, but glad to see more. The art has improved so much since last time, it's beautiful. Such a shame this only gets worked on whenever the author has time though, but I guess if a year passed without me noticing the next one should be just around the corner.

Akari is super cute, I love how doting she is.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I think I've figured out the pattern to these discussions.

1.) point out an issue
2.) make an analogy/comparison regarding that issue (if it were a male, if that were real, if ...)
3.) argue that it's all fine since it's just fiction
4.) argue that fiction doesn't happen in a vacuum
5.) escalate, also insult someone
6.) escalate some more, insult back
7.) repeat until Nez comes and tells everyone to calm down
8.) post a late post about the debate despite that
9.) topic disappears until a new chapter is released

Now if someone writes a bot that'll handle all this we can shut down 37% of all Dynasty threads (specifically those that feature age gap, lolis, and the likes) and we'll still have the same amount of debate with the same results!

Except in this case, this other person made some questionable claims on real life in the first place (I just had a knee jerk reaction to something so hateful).
If the point is just that fiction is allowed to do anything I won't object. It is how it is. What's allowed or not doesn't really matter in this case.
I was specifically talking about the double standard in storytelling and the reaction of the audience.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Yet another dumb whining about "double standards." Have any of you children realized that that feeling doesn't materialize in a vacuum? The reason people trust women more with minors is because it's a fact that men sexually assault children WAY MORE. 95% of all sexual predators are men. The existence of female rapists and female pedophiles do not erase that fact. That's why human logically form deeper mistrust and hatred towards males in this matter.

Every parent I have talked to, be it the mom or dad, be it the child is a daughter or a son, always want their babysitter to be females. No exception. That's called survival instinct based on real life fact, not double standard.

And even when a child is sexually taken advantage of by a woman, guess what? It usually leaves less physical damage and emotional damage to the child, that's why people typically don't get as angry as when a male does it. Go to youtube and search for the documentary report on men raping almost every male chidren on the street in Afganistan, or western tourists sex tourism in Cambodia. Listen to the sustain body damage to the children due to penetration. Now search for health report on victims of female pedophiles (spoiler: they're almost 100% healthy body-wise). There had never been a female lolicon who killed her victims, but it's pretty common with male lolicon. Look up all the gritty cases where a Belgium pedophile kidnapped and burried alive 2 little girls and left 2 others starve to death after raping them all, or the Japanese pedophile who kidnapped an elementary school girl and left her corpse naked in a sewage after raping her, or the father in Poland who locked up his daughter and raped her to death.

TL;DR: appropriate response based on fact is not double standards. People don't react aggressively towards female lolicons because they're far smaller in number and much less vile than male perpetrators. "If Touko had been a guy"? If Touko had been a guy, he would have raped Akari and threaten her to keep silent instead of being this cute and sweet - and that realistic knowledge is exactly why people are extremely allergic towards an adult male.

We get it already. Men are evil in carnate, while women are all pure and innocent as the driven snow.

Simple-butterfly-tattoos-designs
joined Apr 24, 2015

it's all Gay-O-kay

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

We get it already. Men are evil in carnate, while women are all pure and innocent as the driven snow.

At least you got that right, m8. Okay joking aside, you can feel offended all you want, but facts are still facts and as long as criminals out there are males being cruel and rude, your gender will just have to suffer from the stigma. Plussss it's not like females are not subjected to prejudice as well, so don't need to feel like life in unfair, aye?

joined Feb 23, 2016

I don’t think Touko-san is that old though... she looks more like 25 xD

Unknown%20(3)
joined Jan 3, 2014

GG, it's not okay but since I'm a slut for older women, I like it anyways. sigh

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

GG, it's not okay but since I'm a slut for older women, I like it anyways. sigh

I feel you man

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

People are still whining over this but still reading it. Smh in my honest opinion, it wouldn't be exciting and hilarious if older girl isn't "predatory"(she still doesn't look like that to me). It is probably just gonna be like Living with my brother's wife(?) if i remeber it correctly.

I saw there's gonna be third part, so yay!

joined Aug 24, 2017

Chapter two is out
Yay!

last edited at Nov 26, 2018 2:22PM

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

When will we get chapter 3?

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Woooooooo!

joined Jan 15, 2018

https://comic-walker.com/contents/detail/KDCW_MF00000180010000_68/

First chapter dropped and it has quite changed.

joined Aug 16, 2019

I hope someone would translate it soon

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

I hope someone would translate it soon

Soon...

joined Nov 8, 2019

So chapter 3 has finally been released a year later and I am waiting patiently for it to be translated to English

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

I don't think there is a more annoying phrase in yuri than, "It doesn't count if it's between girls." It's like the author is teasing you. "Hahaha, you thought that kiss meant something was going to happen, didn't you." It's also a cheap trick to build anticipation for the next installment of the story. Then deliver nothing.
A close second on the annoying chart, is when the protaganist's group, of friends, loses interest when, they find out she is talking about a girl. "So, that sempi in your club is a girl? How boring." Honestly I don't know why that one bothers me, it just does.

Honestly for me, I read it as Touko trying to cover up the fact that she kissed her by telling her 'it doesn't count if it's between two girls' and she turns to a 'kissing monster when [she] drinks beer'.

Might be reading too much into it though. But the point where she says that beer is liberating makes me feel like she's been supressing her gay urges for a while.

Ithink%20small
joined Aug 13, 2015

I miss this manga :(

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

I miss this manga :(

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/touko_san_cant_take_care_of_the_house_serialization

Dunno if you weren’t aware but this got serialized, chapters are infrequent but there was one recently

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Damn, the original was definitely more fast paced

joined Mar 28, 2021

Fav

joined Oct 8, 2011

Does anyone know if there was more than 2 chapters to the original (pre-serialization) version of Touko-san?
I'm asking as Bakamanga claims that there've been two volumes in Japanese.

To reply you must either login or sign up.